Confused? can you help explain Positive OPK 6DPO? Dull cramping,achy lower back

Dill, That sounds like a great combo of good stuff! I've been really undecided as well because lately, I've had relatively decent cycles that I don't really want to throw off. But maybe they aren't decent. Maybe they are actually really terrible? And they just seem decent because they've been in an acceptable time frame. Who knows!

Kuro, Thank you for chiming in! Trust me, I don't mind long rambling posts! Keeps me occupied while waiting through this zillion week wait! I've never heard of royal jelly.... it sounds disgustingggg! :) But it sounds like exactly what I need! I think Maca sounds right up my alley as well, I've always wondered about my hormone levels. It's super tough to decide on products because I've heard about SOOOO many and you just never know what you actually need. So it's really hard to narrow it down with so many options since I don't have time to thoroughly research every single thing I hear about! lol. ALSO- have you read about the herbal supplement controversy with GNC,Target, Walgreens etc? Tests proved that certain "supplements" they sold didn't even contain what was labeled. Like a bottle of Valarian root that included NO valerian root, but did have, garlic power, rice powder etc. So effed! Who do you trust anymore!!!???

I'm sorry so hear about your MC and PCOS. Do you have any little ones yet? Can you tell me about how PCOS has affected you? I don't know if you've read this entire thread, but I'm a little suspicious that maybe I have it? I know I need to get into the DR. I have an appointment set up.

I tried taking Valerian Root to help me sleep before, it did absolutely nothing for me, now it makes sense. :haha: That is awful they would trick people like that though, I've tried many supplements and vitamins over the years, it makes me wonder what I was really taking. o.o
No little ones yet, but hopefully soon-ish. After getting off the depo shot my cycles were wonky so my doctor decided to check my hormones on a hunch and found out I had PCOS, it can be diagnosed for a number of reasons, mine was diagnosed due to an elevated androgen level. However I have probably the weirdest cycle for anyone with PCOS, a very regular 25 day cycle, on rare occasion 26 days. PCOS almost always causes long and/or irregular cycles from what I understand, so I'm a rarity. Although it has affected me in other ways that are barely noticeable if you don't know what you're looking for like I gain weight easily and have trouble losing it, my hair has thinned around the top of my head ever so slightly, I get a random chin hair every so often that I need to pluck, and I feel tired a lot. To be honest it really didn't bother me all that much, although the weight problems are annoying, but I'm really worrying about it now that I want to conceive.

Wow! That's great that you have a pretty regular cycle. So you ARE ovulating then? That's teally great that you don't seem to be too terribly affected by pcos. I've heard some horror about it. I bet the weight issue is pretty annoying though. Well fingers crossed for us to be mommys sooner than later :) out of curiosity, have you read this entire thread? Just wondering how much you know about my current situation. :) I'm frustrated and confused to say the least!!!

I guess if you're going to be stuck with pcos, at least it's a relatively minor case. I have a friend who has it, and she's basically relegated herself to the idea that she'll never have kids. It's a pretty severe case, and she doesn't have insurance, so she can't afford to treat it, monitor it, or otherwise do much of anything to manage it. I feel awful for her. :(

Beep, keep hanging in there, girl!

Omg Dill, your poor friend! That is heartbreaking to hear :( she must feel like there's just no options. Very, very sad. Ate there any kind of natural treatments to alleviate at least sone of the symptoms?

That I don't know about! She doesn't make a lot of money, and has been stuck dealing with MAJOR home repairs (her basement flooded due to a faulty foundation, they had to redo everything), so she doesn't really have the money to spend on anything that's not a necessity. If she lived closer to me, I'd try to help. I think it's hard for her knowing that I'm TTC, so I'm never sure how to talk to her about that aspect of my life. I just want to give her a big hug.

Oh man. That is really tough! It really sucks when you feel like you can't bring something up because you are scared of hurting someone. I can't imagine dealing with a flooded basement. That must be crazy expensive. Is she married? Like is there somebody that she actively wants kids with? There's always hope... I've heard some pretty incredible stories. It would be interesting to see if there are any natural alternative type treatments to PCOS that can help slightly alleviate it. Maybe if we figured something out, you could send it to her? Like "Hey I was in a forum and this girl was talking about PCOS and recommended this thing and I thought maybe you could try it!?"

Now that I can finally laugh about it, I have something I've been wanting to tell you that was so FU**ED UP!! It was the cruelest trick the universe/God/whoever has ever played on me! So the other day, I took an HPT and it was negative. I put it in a little brown woven basket that is on the back of the toilet. Just incase I wanted to peek later. (we all know if I put it in the trash, I would have been digging through the trash later) So a few hours later I pulled it out and there was a very dark line! Darker than the control. My stomach dropped. It was in exactly the right spot and exactly the right thickness. This was NO evap, thats for sure. I brought it a little closer to my eyes because I didn't believe it. WELL, it turned out that my little brown basket, lost a tiny little piece of its wood that just happened to be the size of a line. This little tiny splinter of wood was in the EXACT bfp spot. I was going to take a pic to show you how friken unbelievable it was. But I just instantly dug the wood out of the little window in anger. THEN the next day, I took another test, came back in 5 mins and could totally see a line! Right spot, right thickness. Couldn't believe it. Picked it up and a microscopic piece of fuzz was sitting on the test casting a perfect shadow of a line. WHAT THE HELL????? What are the chances of that two days in a row? What have I done to deserve thissssss?! Oh well, I can laugh about it now. "Good one, universe, you really got me good....jerk"

I did read the whole thread, I think you very well could be experiencing PCOS but it's rather hard to say for sure without a doctor's confirmation. I don't have any reason to believe I'm not ovulating, but at the same time I haven't done any temping, OPKs, and I don't get any ovulation symptoms. So I'm not 100% sure.

I think Cinnamon pills and Spearmint Tea are both good natural options for PCOS if you don't have insurance or a lot of money, and they can be surprisingly effective for some women.

The universe can be so cruel sometimes. XD

Yeah, she married and been with the same guy for a very long time now. She's running out of time, too, if she wants to have kids. I think the repairs on the house cost something like $20k. She'd been hoping to save up and move somewhere else, but that pretty much destroyed her plan. :(

And omgggggg at the universe d***ing with your tests! THAT IS JUST CRUEL, UNIVERSE. NOT OKAY. *angry fist shake*

I'll pass along the suggestions of cinnamon and spearmint!

The whole concept of running out of time is so dang scary... and sad. I'm 26, and I *feel* like I'm running out of time because I was anticipating having a baby years ago. And I feel like, if I go another 4 unproductive years... I'm getting close. Urgh. Scary and disheartening.

20k is INSANE. I'd rather have a new car... or IVF (LOL) than a new basement.

Still haven't had any spotting since that one time 2 days ago. No af cramps anymore either. Just playing the waiting game. Which is so lame, cuz I feel like I've been playing the waiting game for long enough!!!!

Haha, you sound like one of the attorneys at my office. At 24, she said she and her husband decided to have a baby because they were almost out of time. I'll be 32 next week. Hum.

$20k would go quite a ways towards paying off my mortgage... or doing some improvements to the house... or paying off my car AND hubby's car, with some left over. Sheesh!

You have been playing the waiting game for too long, but maybe this wait will be more productive. :D I am anxiously awaiting your next POAS day!!!

The only real reason I feel like I'm running out of time is because my mom had me when she was 20. I'm glad I didn't go THAT young, but I really LOVE the relationship I have with my parents because I feel that they are close enough to my age to understand me better. I just don't want to have a big gap, so the sooner the better.

I'm still feeling 100% not pg. I haven't even been concerned with testing because I'm so over it. If that makes sense. Just waiting for AF... So don't count on me testing, because I'm not really planning on it. :)

My mom had me at 20, too! I loved how much she seemed to understand me, though looking back on it, it's shocking to think that she had a 12-year-old and a 9-year-old by my age. She always used to complain about the 30-year age difference between her and her mom. :-/ But then, she and her mom have nothing in common, so I wonder sometimes if it was less an age thing, and more a personality thing.

I couldn't help this. Hubby and I didn't even meet until I was almost 30. I wasted 11 years of my adult life with an extremely twisted and abusive now-ex-husband, and there was just no way I was going to bring a child into such an unstable mess of a household. I'm extremely glad I didn't, on the one hand, but on the other... I worry about having waited so long. :(

I am not convinced that you're not pregnant! If AF is late, I expect test results, missy! :lol:

:) I am so happy to hear that you got yourself out of a terrible relationship! Really. I really respect that because I know that it is NOT easy. I also repeat you not wanting to bring a child into that situation too. Good mommy.

I kind of agree with you, that it may infect be that we get along better over the actual age difference. It was always super fun though when we'd go to bars or wherever and guys would always hit on us thinking we were sisters. It was kind of a fun game ;) We are still BFFs and I just don't know how it would be if she was 10 years older. I really don't know. My dh is 33 though, so he is SOOO ready and feels like he is really getting late.

And the thing about me being late is, who knows if and when I'm even late for AF. Because at this point I don't even know if I've fricken ovulated!!! I've never been so thoroughly confused by a cycle. Lol. But still no symptoms at all. No sore boobies, no dark boogie veins, they aren't getting any bigger, I'm not nauseous, my sense of smell is normal, I'm not emotional, I don't have to pee a lot. ... I'm like the anti pg. Totally normal feeling except for the occasional boob lightning or pinch in my tummy. But that s a normal thing every cycle i think.

Yeah, when my mom would pick me up from high school, guys would always ask for my "hot older sister's" phone number. Hrmph. I didn't find it amusing at the time, haha!

Plenty of women don't show symptoms until well into the first trimester. Doesn't mean you're out!

Well, not ovulating would mean I was out. I feel like that is a total possibility at this point. I wish there was some way to know if I even O'd. KICKING MYSELF for not temping.

I caved and ordered a basal thermometer so I can start. Still, with that crazy series of pos opks... I just keep picturing the spewing of eggs :lol:

LOL. Gross. I can picture a little egg-machinegun action going on down there. It's pretty hostile territory.

For the record, I took an OPK today and it was so negative! It took forever for a faint line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->