Dealing with azoospermia?

I tested Wed. Morning and bfp! Blood beta (14dpo) came back at 144

Happy new year to you ladies!

I'm sad I still haven't managed a bfp so in the new year, we'll be exploring our options - whether it be foster or adopting or still trying again using different method.

On the other hand, so excited for all the 2017 babies - I have a cousin expecting in June, a classmate in June too, another classmate is expecting one, and a step sister in law expecting in spring in addition to all of you ladies in here (Rainbow and Chicken).

Yay! Congratulations MsRipple! So happy for you!

Sorry you are still waiting deafgal; I have everything crossed for you that 2017 is your year.

Wonderful news, MsRipple! (my beta at 14dpo was 118 - from 27 at 11dpo) :happydance:

Deafgal - I really hope that 2017 will bring your forever baby (whichever route it takes) with it! <3

Oh ... not now ... 2 years ago :smile: I was just commenting on how Mrs Ripple's was higher than mine at 14dpo.

Congratulations MsRipple, that is such wonderful news! I am so happy for you! :)

Chickensoup - When will you be going for your first scan?

Deafgal - I really hope this is the year for you. It's rubbish having to wait so long.

We had our second scan last Thursday at 8w6d showing a beautiful little perfectly formed foetus with little arms and legs. He/she even gave us a wiggle which was exceptionally cute. My FS is really happy with the way everything is going so my next scan won't be until the normal 12 week scan everyone has in the UK. Starting to allow myself to enjoy the pregnancy now that we've got this far. :) I will be so glad when I'm out of the 12 week zone though!

XXX

That's great news Rainbow! Glad you're feeling a bit more relaxed and hope the next few weeks fly by for you.

I've got my viability scan on Friday. I'm a bit nervous. At this point with my son I had pretty constant nausea and cramping (stretching pains) but this time I don't. Cramping stopped over a week ago and feeling ok! Got everything crossed it's just my body coping better this time, now it knows what's happening, but I just can't shake the sinking feeling that the worst has happened.

I've convinced myself so many times with this pregnancy that the worst has happened due to a myriad of reasons. How many weeks are you? My morning sickness only started after 6 weeks and it started quite weakly, then went for a few days, then came back with a vengeance then tapered off and disappeared again for a few days and now it's back again! I hope the next few weeks fly by for you too, early pregnancy is tough.
Good luck for Friday! XXX

Deaf Gal- I am sending you many good vibes for this being your year, whatever path you guys end up choosing. Do you have any ideas re: next steps? Sorry for asking this, but was donor sperm ever a consideration for you guys?

Chicken- Good luck tomorrow. I am having an early scan at 5w2d tomorrow. I think they are looking for the gestational sac. But I too have been googling the worst, so I know what you are thinking.

How did you ladies get on at your scans? Been keeping everything crossed for you both. XXX

Everything looking good so far. 5 weeks 2 days - saw the gestational sac and a yolk sac. Everything where it should be and a good size. Too early for Hb. Hcg continued to have good doubling. Go back at 7w 1day

Husband being a bit detached to me versus excited - I don't mind if he didn't come to this ultrasound but I'd like him to come to next. This admittedly requires a fair amt of rescheduling which he seems noncommittal abt. I think this is a combo of general pref disinterest but also must be somewhat related to donor issue. Have you guys gone through this?

That's great news MsRipple! Yippee! Do you have a date for your next scan yet?
I can totally relate to what you're saying. I think it took a good few months for DH to get his head round it properly when we were expecting our first. It was a gradual thing. By the time he was getting kicked by the baby in the middle of the night he was so much more involved emotionally and it was onwards and upwards from there! As soon as our LB arrived you wouldn't have known there had been any of those initial worries and he is the most amazing, caring, hands-on dad. It's been a completely different story with this baby, I think because it's all so normal to him now. He has been excited and emotionally ready, which is so much nicer for me, but I completely get why he was like he was the first time round. The fact that your DH has agreed to use DS shows he is committed to being a dad but it's completely normal if he's feeling apprehensive about it all.
XXX

Hey all.

Firstly, I just want to say how pleased I am to come onto this thread after such a long time and see so many lovely ladies getting their BFPs :thumbup: Fabulous news and I hope it's just the start of many.

I used to come on here, as DH has azoospermia (Klinefelter's and his mTESE showed zero sperm were being produced). We used donor sperm, then donor eggs and donor sperm, got pregnant and miscarried and eventually found out I had a large womb abnormality.

We went through the adoption process and for the past 10 weeks we've been a family of 3 to a really gorgeous little girl, who was just 8 months old when she came to us.

We feel very grateful and lucky (though I have to say we've been so busy and our lives so different we don't really have the time to think much about it often!) I just wanted to say that if azoospermia leaves you without that longed for baby, there are always other options if you're happy to accept them (I realise adoption isn't for everyone).

I just wish we'd known about the struggles we'd face at the start so we could have skipped the 12 fertility treatments and our heartbreaking miscarriage, but you ladies - more than others - are only too aware that life isn't always that easy.

I'm hoping that many, many more of you get your longed for BFP in 2017 (with extra special wishes for my friend Deafgal :kiss:)

Silverbell! That is awesome!! Adoption is a wonderful thing!

If you don't mind me asking- what abnormality do you have? I have a unicornuate uterus. I miscarried 4 times and had 4 chemicals. The drs thought due to the blood supply but all tests were always normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->