December 2013 Rainbow Babies

Olivette - hope you had a fun scan!

I have 5 days left until I'm 12 weeks and get to have my next doctor appointment. So eager to hear the heartbeat again!

SugarBeth, elleff thank you so much for the thoughts!

The scan went really well. I have to say I'd had my breath (and bladder) held coming up to the appointment. I really doubted myself and felt quite nervous about it all. You know what I mean! A great heartbeat was found, a yolk sac (which she said she doesn't always see but likes to see at this stage), a good shaped sac and the baby moved around and wriggled alot. She said the pregnancy is very 'normal'. I don't think i've ever been so happy to hear the word normal in my life.

Thumbs up for me right now! :).

Ox

That's Great Olivette! I think we are very close to each other with are due dates. I am due Dec 17th, what's your due date?

I'm just not sure at the moment. The scan today put me at 24th December, but a previous scan put me at 21st of december. I'd imagine something around then but I'm not sure. From the first scan i'm at around 10w, todays scan was 9w4days but she said it could be 5 days either way. It's exciting knowing it will be Christmas time and lots of festivities happening! :)

Ox

Wantabelly I'm due the 17th too.. I go in for another scan on Thursday to see if it's changed and to check on everything but right now it's the 17th!

Yay for a good scan olivette!

I'm hoping the holidays will keep me busy and my mind off the last 4 weeks of pregnancy
;)

Congrats on a great scan Olivette!! Xxx

I'm counting down to my 12 week scan on Wednesday!

I've heard of that, wantabelly! I'd do it if I had the money.

Hope everyone's doing well. :)

We're not planning on doing it We're not doing any extra testing with this one.

What is that test? I've never heard of it.

My belly has popped out! I have a bump and I'm in love with it :)
Hope everyone is ok!

Never heard of that test? I'm not sure if we'll do any testing, I'm prolly going to do the NT test just to get a scan, is that bad?

I'm really nervous about this week, my angel died around 9 weeks last time and I'm terrified of a repeat. I just have this awful feeling as my cramps have really ramped up and I'm having scary dreams. I have a dr appt tomorrow, really really hope they can squeeze me in for a u/s if just for reassurance.

well ladies I have made it to my u/s for tomorrow morning in 12 1/2 hours and I scared to death!!!! I am exactly as far as long as I was with the pregnancy that was a blighted ovum..granted this time I know that there is a baby with a hb I saw at 7+1 BUT still scared something happened in the last 3 1/2 weeks.....good think I am so exhausted or would get no sleep tonight lol

Good luck tomorrow krissy! And for your appointment tomorrow katerdid!

I have a scan tomorrow too - a big day for lots of us! Katerdid- I've been having scary dreams too and am so nervous about the scan... But we will be ok! Having a Doppler has been reassuring. I woke up early yesterday after a really bad dream that I lost the baby and made DH grab the Doppler before I'd even got out of bed :) after my scan tomorrow, I have promised myself not to use it so much!

Elleff- I have a bump too!! It's awesome and people are starting to notice which is very exciting.... But also hard to find an outfit when you don't want people to know! I really must tell my work this week! I love my bump too :)

Also we don't have that materniT21 test easily available in Australia... I think you can get it in some places but it is ridiculously expensive! The thing I'd love about it though is you could find out the gender very early. I can't wait for my gender/ anatomy scan at 19weeks! Is everyone else finding out what they're having? Or having a surprise?

We're definitely finding out the gender, and as soon as possible. My daughter is having a Minnie Mouse party in July, and at the end of it we're going to have her do the gender reveal for all who are there. I'm really excited about it!

I never heard of that test but we r doing the nuchal test just ot get another scan ;)

Wow so many scans this week!!!good luck everyone!! You honestly feel so much better after your 12 week scan as you see it jumping around and all is well with the world!!

I've had a blood test for everything for me, just waiting for the results. For the baby I'm having the downs blood test at 16 weeks. We debated about it but decided that we'd rather be prepared if there was something wrong than find out at the birth. Other than that I don't know that there are any other tests available in the UK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->