December 2013 Rainbow Babies

I would love to have the maternity21 test but in the uk it costs £700 plus to have it done :(

We will have the NT scan and hope for the best. I would keep a Down syndrome child anyway. Obviously I couldn't say for definite but its unlikely I would have a CVS. I wouldn't want to risk miscarriage again.

I love the idea of finding out the gender early. I want to know now! Lol

I would keep it too, I really don't know anything that would make me get rid of this baby now. I'd just like to be able to prepare myself if there's a chance. Not sure if I'd risk the amnio but we decided on the blood test anyway.

Well my appt was a bust. All I got to do was pee in a cup and tell the dr how worried I was, then I was sent home. The only thing he had to say was, Well at least you are still nauseous, see you in 4 weeks. :cry: I came home and bought a doppler, don't think I can wait til 13 weeks to hear the heartbeating.

Oh no :( I know how stressful it is :hugs:
Just be careful with the Doppler. I heard the hb 3 times in one day at 9.5 weeks and never found it again. I was beside myself, I couldn't sleep I would try for like an hour at a time and hear nothing. Then I had my 12 week scan and there was my healthy baby jumping around with a really strong hb!
I vowed not to use it again until at least 13 weeks and I have stuck to that. I'm 13 weeks tomorrow and think I might leave it until the weekend.
I really hope you find the hb but if you don't please don't stress :hugs:

sooo......bad day....... :cry: went in thinking all is great to find out that baby died at 9 weeks..... :cry: was not expecting that at all! my mom was with me at least and my husband has been great. going in for a d&c tomorrow...so hard to go through this again....my 3 kids are at my moms for the night and we will tell them tomorrow after the surgery. I think I am going to go get them a kitty...they have been wanting a pet and I think it would be good for all of us...... good luck to the rest of you on the rest of your journey....

Krissy, I am in tears for you. I am so sorry. I really thought we were all getting safer now.
Ill be thinking about you tomorrow xx

sooo......bad day....... :cry: went in thinking all is great to find out that baby died at 9 weeks..... :cry: was not expecting that at all! my mom was with me at least and my husband has been great. going in for a d&c tomorrow...so hard to go through this again....my 3 kids are at my moms for the night and we will tell them tomorrow after the surgery. I think I am going to go get them a kitty...they have been wanting a pet and I think it would be good for all of us...... good luck to the rest of you on the rest of your journey....

I'm so sorry, Krissy. I'm truly grieving for you. :hugs:

thanks ladies it is hard but we will yet again get through it....what else is there to do?

You're right, I know you'll get through it. We all get through it because we have no choice but I know at the time you have no idea how. :hugs:

Noooo :( i am so sorry... Its just not fair :( im am so sad for you n ur family... Will be thinking of u.

Krissy- my heart is breaking for you. I wish there was something I could do to make this different and better for you. I send all my love and comfort xxx

Oh Krissy :hugs: that's just heartbreaking :cry: I have been there, and it's just gutwrenchingly terrible :hugs:

Thanks ladies....I know it is hard to know what to say but honestly all you have said is the right things and does help. I am doing better now haven't cried in a few hours....... I will feel better tomorrow when it is all over with.....just sucks bc this baby was so very much wanted by my whole family.....sigh.....I will try and update you all in a few days...thanks for the support!

Hey Krissy. I've been watching this thread still, even since my miscarriage on 2nd May. It's really hard babe. My partner has now completely gone off the idea of children, we have had 2 miscarriages in 6 months and are wondering if we will ever be parents.

I was struggling to cope after my EPRC (d&c), I kept being pulled in for blood work abnormalities blah blah. I read a lot about getting jewelary or tattoos as coping mechanisms. Do you know what really helped me? I got a kitten in the sex I thought my baby would be and gave her my baby name.

Everybody meet my little girl, Luna. :winkwink:

It helped me SO much. I put all my energy into her, watch her develop and grow. I'm never ever alone in the house because she follows me around like she's attached to my ankles. Even when she's a naughty little so and so, I still give her cuddles and love. My cat Middi and kitten Luna have been the two biggest comforts during this miscarriage and neither me or my partner would have got through our first one without Middi, our little boy.

Animals are no substitute for a baby, but they give you motivation, affection and something to look forward to coming home to. I love my Luna. I will concentrate on my wedding plans, as I'm getting married on Saturday 26th April 2014. After that, I may try again. Right now, I have my fiancée, my little boy Middi and my little lady Luna. I'm so much happier now.

I think it's a wonderful idea to get a kitten. I think it will really help you. Research carefully and get one as soon after your ERPC as you can. The sooner the better. A little bundle to distract you and pour your love into :hugs:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1
LAwes thankyou so much! after my last d&c I felt pretty good right after so as long as I do tomorrow we are going straight to the humane society to get 2 kitties....5 months or so of age bc they will be fixed and all shots and only 50 for the 2 so its a great deal! I want to have them here before the kids get home and we have to tell them. my oldest is almost 7 and my daughter is 5 so they will understand pretty well what has happen. my ava was just saying how she hopes its a girl bc she already had 2 brothers, my youngest is 3. so we are getting 2 girl kitties.....I am sure it will help us all out.

thanks again for your thoughts and sharing...pm me any time!

Krissy :( :hugs: I'm genuinely very saddened for you. I'm with you on everything you said, especially how after it's all done I felt a good bit better. The kitties sound lovely.

Ox

That sounds like a great idea... I have two cats and love them sooooo much. Its great for the compansionship but are less time consuming than a dog- youcan still leave the house for the weekend and do things with ur family.

Thanks for the support ladies I am home...doped...hurting a little bit but helps the kids didn't take it too bad.

I hope all of you ladies have beautiful babies!!!!! :hugs:

Krissy how are you feeling? So glad the kids took it ok. Hope you're resting up :hugs:

Lawes!! Nice to see you, your kitten is gorgeous. I agree that they are an amazing way of taking your mind off things.

How's everyone doing? I'm rapidly expanding...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->