December 2013 Rainbow Babies

Haha, I would never be able to do that. I'm terrible at secrets. I think it depends on how your husband is...mine would not think it was funny and would be upset that I lied to him, plus already having months thinking of his future with a new little girl and getting used to the idea.

I think my hubby would punch me or something if I did that. Deffo wouldn't talk to me for a long while, that's for sure!

I think all men think they want a lil boy.... But then they find out its a girl and they start thinking of daddys lil girl ( lil girls have them wrapped around their fingers pretty quickly even from the womb) then to find out its a boy... He would be very surprised but what if also a lil disappointed because he already started forming an image of daddys lil girl. But you do know him best :) i think my husband would be upset though.

belly- if you want to surprise him I would not go as far as waiting till the baby is born. maybe tell him its a girl then a few days later say I have something special for you and give him a framed picture of the baby saying its a boy. this way its a surprise but if you go all the way to its born you will end up with a ton of girl stuff from everyone and in the end be screwed lol. but also he might he pretty pissed I know my husband would be!

glad to see everyone is doing so well and great pics! I have had some complicaitons due to d&c and not very happy about it. got sent home from work thursdya night bc of heavy bleeding and large clots had to go to ER. no infection thank god and since bleeding had slowed down and they are pretty sure my body was able to pass the left over tissue on its own they let me go home afer like 4 hours. when i told them all the calls i had made about the stuff going on after my d&c they said I should have been brought right into the office and more than likely should have had a repeat d&c done. I am doing a lot better now. but I will for sure not use that dr anymore in the practice she ignored all the concerns I had beginning right after the surgery and its her fault I had to go through this.

anyways....other than that life is good I will not dwell on the bad!!!

Hi everyone!

Kirst - I love your idea of getting the Tech to contact your friend!!! So you won't find out until you see the cake?! such a good idea :) I heard that in the next couple of weeks we should feel movement too! I can't wait!!

Beth - Glad you are feeling so much better!

Krissy - sorry you have had such a hard time!! I can't believe there was left over tissue after a d&c! I thought that was the whole point!! Hope its all over soon :hugs:

AFM - I'm feeling good at the moment, still get tired in the evenings but during the day I feel good finally. People I don't even know are now asking me when I'm due! I have my scan in 4 weeks and a few appointments in between, consultant, midwife, downs blood test etc so I feel like the whole thing is going quicker than the first tri did!! I still get so worried but my growing bump is quite reassuring, I'll feel so much better when I can feel it move though.

Here is my belly!!

Attachments

• bump.JPG
    bump.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 10
So sorry you're having a rough time, Krissy! I hope everything heals soon. I know how rough it was when I was bleeding for so long, it felt like I couldn't begin to heal properly while still bleeding and having stuff in there.

elleff - I can't wait until baby starts moving too, can't wait for that constant reassurance! I'm hoping I'm getting close to when I can feel the baby moving. Fourteen weeks this week for me! Great bump as well! Mine is close to that size, just a bit smaller, but strangers can now see that I'm pregnant!

Still getting sick, but so far I haven't actually thrown up in about three days. Which is a record for me! Hoping it's a good sign and that it'll be gone soon. I can't wait for my next appointment!

Oh, and I ordered a gender ultrasound yesterday! I have it set up for July 13th, and we're having my daughter's birthday party and a gender and name reveal the next day. Super excited, just 32 days until we know!

Sugar Beth - that is very exciting about your gender scan! Mine is a few days after yours on the 17th. I really can't wait :) sorry you're still feeling sick- I am not throwing up anymore but the nausea is still lingering. I really hope it goes away soon! Any ideas on how long it's meant to last?? I guess it's different for everyone!

Elleff- I love your bump! It's so cute :) mine is a similar size, but I haven't told my kids or boss yet (I'm a teacher) so I am having a very hard time getting dressed in the morning lately :) lucky it's winter here so I can hide the bump in warm coats!! It's so exciting to see the changes in our bodies.

I can't wait to feel movement too! I've been paying close attention and have felt some squirmy/tickle/flick type movements quite low- but only a couple of times... And I can't be sure of its actually bub. I guess we will defn know in the next couple of weeks!

Krissy- I'm so sorry you've been having a rough time. I also had retained tissue after my d&c and was quite unwell. I passed it while I was out for lunch a week or so later and it was a mortifying experience. My heart goes out to you. One thing I always thought though is- maybe it's good that they didn't scrape the lining too close and allowed some to come away naturally - as I think it means the lining goes back to normal quicker and hopefully will result in another pregnancy sooner... Big hugs to you.

How's everyone else going?

I'm scheduled to get my MaterniT21 test done tomorrow, I think they might do an ultrasound too but I'm not sure as this is the first time I have had this done. Supposedly with this test they will also be able to tell me the sex of the baby along with the results from the genetic testing. I'm a little nervous as I'm not sure what to expect and I like to know things in advance. I have absolutely no bump what-so-ever and haven't seen my little one since I was 10 weeks so I do hope to get a peek.

Elleff- your bump looks great!

Is it just me or does time seem to be going in slow motion? Maybe its just because the kids are out of school & its summer time, I don't know but I'm ready to fast forward a bit.

Its 93 degrees here already today and I would love to go swimming but I feel sick just walking outside for 5 minutes :(

Beth that so exciting! do you have any secret little preference as to what sex it is? I really don't know whether to find out!!

Kirst I can't believe you are still hiding it! there is no hiding anymore for me! You can bounce me along the ground haha! I love it though, it's really starting to go round. I feel like it changes everyday! I vaguely remember feeling something weird and unknown this morning while I was dozing in bed, but I'm not sure if I dreamt it or not... but if it was movement then it should hopefully happen again soon! If it doesn't then I know I was dreaming haha!

Wantabelly good luck with the test!! I feel like things are speeding up here and the weeks are ticking by. I feel like the first 10 weeks might aswell have been 10 months, but now I'm 15 weeks already?! The quicker the better for me though!

I'm just counting down the weeks until my next scan, 3 weeks on Monday. I cannot wait to see my little baby again but I'm already so nervous for them to say 'there's no heart beat..' Just got to keep thinking positive thoughts and watch my belly growing which hopefully means its growing in there, not just that I'm eating too much!!!! :)

While having one of each would be awesome, I secretly would love this one to be a little girl! I really want my daughter to get a chance to have that close sister bond, and I think it would make me sad if she missed out on that as the angel we lost was a little girl.

I also think if boys came after this one, it would be easier. A boy would mean longer stay in the hospital due to circumcision and such. DD would be alone at her grandmother's for longer this time. If we have a girl, I can potentially leave within 6 hours, and that way next time if it's a boy, DD would at least have her sister there for company if I had to stay in the hospital for 2-3 days.

I'm starting to get really round as well, I love that even strangers know I'm pregnant instead of just having a sudden chubby belly! I'll be taking my 14 week belly pics later today. Love that I'm 14 weeks already! Just waiting for two more weeks until my doctor appointment and then two weeks after that until we find out the gender!

I posted a picture of my scan pics from today in first tri to try and get some guesses on the nub. I don't want to get too excited but I think I know the gender, I could be wrong though so I am telling myself its the opposite for now. We will know in 10 days when I get the results back from my blood test today....... Its gonna be a L_O_N_G 10 days girls....

I posted a picture of my scan pics from today in first tri to try and get some guesses on the nub. I don't want to get too excited but I think I know the gender, I could be wrong though so I am telling myself its the opposite for now. We will know in 10 days when I get the results back from my blood test today....... Its gonna be a L_O_N_G 10 days girls....

I'm curious, what's your gender guess?

My DH said NO when I asked if he wanted to find out this time. I sort of want to but I know I can't keep a secret like that from him for nothing so I guess I'm not finding out either. At this point, all I'm hoping for is a healthy full term baby. I'm still spotting but the last ultrasound showed a small hematoma and the dr warned me I might bleed for a few more weeks. Just so annoyed with this. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever have a "normal" pregnancy.

So jealous of everyone else's bumps! I don't 'pop' until I'm six months or so and when I was expecting my dd it was 7 months before anyone asked, "Oh, are you having a baby?" I have a long torso and I'm still overweight so it's hard to tell where my bump starts and where I end. I did lose about 20 lb before I got pg this time, though, so my VERY limited maternity wardrobe just got supplemented with all the clothes that no longer fit me after my weight loss. :) I can't wait til I have a belly that's more baby than me...

I'm curious, what's your gender guess?

I think its a :blue:

Attachments

• 13wk-1.jpg
    13wk-1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 6
Aah wantabelly I love your scan!! I have no idea how to guess these things but I see you have a lot more girls than boys so I hope its a boy for you!! :)

Hows everyone doing?

I'm feeling really good generally but have been having a bit of trouble (TMI) going to the toilet.... I have never ever had an issue with this in my life but all of a sudden I'm finding it really difficult. Esp at night, I feel like I need to go and I try but then I just end up in pain. The morning is generally not an issue but then later I really feel like I need to but nothing is happening... I end up going to bed with cramps and aches. Saturday night was the worst and I ended up in real pain all day yesterday and slept for most of is. I'm hoping it was just trapped gas (sorry I know this is gross...). I wanted to talk to my consultant about it today as I was meant to have my first appointment today but they have just called to cancel as the Dr is sick :(

On a positive note, my friend sent me her doppler through the post which is a much better one than the one I got a while ago which wouldn't pick the hb up! I decided to use the new one last night and within 30 seconds I had found that beautiful sound!! So clear and loud!! We had my husbands kids sleeping over so my step son was able to come and hear it too! My step daughter was annoyed we hadnt woken her up haha. I told her she can hear it on Wednesday when she sleeps over again.

We listened to it for quite a while and also heard what sounded like the baby moving around as I was completely still but just kept getting these random noises! I'm going to try not to use it all the time as I might freak out if I can't find it but I'm sure it could be very addictive!! I already want to go home from work and use it!! I am so in love its ridiculous.

4 weeks today til my 20 week scan :cloud9:

I'm STILL throwing up all the time. Pretty much a guarantee if I need to go in a car, I'll be throwing up in a parking lot, even if it's only two minutes to the store. Still waiting for that to calm down a bit!

I am starting to feel the baby now! For the last 3-4 days, there have been a moment or two each day where I suddenly feel baby and then nothing. It's so quick though, I wish it lasted a little longer!

26 days left until the gender scan. It's so hard to wait so long!

elleff - that's awesome that you got a doppler from your friend! I was so sorely tempted to buy one for a few weeks, but managed to resist paying the $70+ dollars for it. However, I'm pretty sure I may be splurging on one next time!

Wantabelly - love your scan picture! You can see so much of the little face!

Look at the difference between last week and this week!!

Attachments

• bumpy.jpg
    bumpy.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 11
ellef- I'm so jealous! Your bump is beautiful!! Not a bump in sight here :shrug:

Sugarbeth- I'm so sorry you're so sick, hopefully things will let up soon. I'm curious were you sick with your daughter at all? The OWT's were opposite for me, I was sick with my boys and not with my girls, same way for my niece and a couple of my sisters.

dairymomma- I have had bleeds from the same thing during one of my pregnancies, its annoyingly scary. I hope it stops soon and you can take a deep breath.

I had a Dr. appointment yesterday where we found out the gender. He likes to do an ultrasound at every apt, just to take the guess work out of things and because he has a machine there. I told him what I thought I saw on last weeks appt with the genetic counselor and he said "Lets just have a look" This is what he gave us........

Attachments

• Boy 14wks.jpg
    Boy 14wks.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 9
So excited for you WantaBelly! Congratulations on finding out it was a Boy! Interesting you mention the morning sickness, my mum was saying she didn't have any with either pregnancy and she had two girls, where as I have been sick this pregnancy so I wonder if it will follow your theory! :).

Ox

Yay a boy!! You were right!! I don't really get the scan though... Is that the baby's winky? :)

As for the sickness thing, my best friend had her first baby girl 2 years ago and was never sick during the pregnancy. Yesterday she gave birth to a second little girl and until about 14 weeks she was sick as a dog and was convinced she was having a boy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->