December 2013 Rainbow Babies

put google away...

every woman is different with the levels of hcg.. though I know all the worry..

:hugs:

Wantabelly I agree, stay away from google!!!! Maybe it means you're further than you think! Or maybe it just means NOTHING! :)
I know the worry too, our brains are crazy crazy places!! :hugs:

DR Google printed his medical degree on the back of a paper menu with crayons. Don't listen to him!!

Not all the information is bad but it's hard to tell it apart from the good stuff. Even when the info is technically correct, it often paints only the worst-case scenario. The pregnancy books do the same thing. I had a partial placenta abruption with my son and my "What to Expect When Expecting" book said it always ended in death or premature labour...yet my high risk OB said the chances of either happening were low in my case. So DH hid the book on me after that.

I'm just throwing this out there, but I was wondering if it makes any since at all that spotting could be caused by uterine fibroids?

DR Google printed his medical degree on the back of a paper menu with crayons. Don't listen to him!!

Not all the information is bad but it's hard to tell it apart from the good stuff. Even when the info is technically correct, it often paints only the worst-case scenario. The pregnancy books do the same thing. I had a partial placenta abruption with my son and my "What to Expect When Expecting" book said it always ended in death or premature labour...yet my high risk OB said the chances of either happening were low in my case. So DH hid the book on me after that.

Very true and what a smart DH.....

I'm just throwing this out there, but I was wondering if it makes any since at all that spotting could be caused by uterine fibroids?

I think I read somewhere this can happen. Have you asked your Dr. about this?

Aww girls, can I join this group? I'm 5+1 and a bloody nervous wreck. I have become soooo symptom obsessed and so scared I'll m/c again it's unreal x

R9chel, I think we all feel the same at the moment. Congratulations :) try and relax :hugs:

I think I read somewhere this can happen. Have you asked your Dr. about this?

No I didn't. The technician asked if I had fibroids and I told her that I did. She found and measured them but again, didn't comment at all. I thought about it after the fact as I have been racking my brain for any logical answer.:shrug:

Do you get your blood results today?

No, she said it would be later today. It's only 8a.m. here now, but she also said if she doesn't call then she didn't get them today. I seriously hope that is not the case.:wacko:

Fingers crossed that she gets them today! I think you should call later on anyway even if she hasn't called you! sometimes they forget that they have made promises!!
Are you still bleeding?? Did you manage to get some sleep?

I did sleep well last night and I'm spotting very light pinkish but mainly brown staining every now and then but it is not every time I pee. Besides the initial blood that saw around this time yesterday nothing much has happed besides what I've just described. I feel absolutely no pain. It seemed to me that they did not want to sway me either way yesterday for good or bad.

Okay, she just called with the results. The good news is that my levels were in the "normal" range for where I am at around 1300. She said the they typically cannot see anything on the ultrasound until around 1500 so that may have explained why they did not see anything in the ultrasound yesterday. However, these numbers alone don't really explain much since "normal" range at this stage could be between 150-3,000ish. So, tomorrow they want to draw more blood to insure that the numbers are doubling. Those results should be in by Friday and they also want me to go to the hospital and get my Rhogam shot since I am RH-. She is also hoping to see the baby in the next ultrasound (currently scheduled for Tuesday). If my numbers are doubling but they still do do not see the baby, it could be that the baby is not in the correct location.:cry:

Hi again ladies sorry i went mia lol

Ellef-congrats on the beautiful scan!!!

Hopeful-i totally understand what you are going through! the brown spotting i had stopped on sunday but then at work last night i got pink which is newer blood freaked out and they sent me home. it is done now and the nurse told me i have a sensitive cervix and pretty much anything could have caused it but since ihave no real pain and it has pretty much stopped they are not worried about it. i have had one scan at 4w5d but too early to see anything and my next is on the 27 at 7w1d so hopefully i get the pretty peanut with a hb.

Hopeful-that sucks! also the whole seeing a baby at 1500 on a scan is a load of crap to lol. I had my hcg done at 3w6d i was 160 then again at 4w4d and they were 1748 so they did the u/s at 4w5d bc over 1500 but yeah maybe saw somethign but not sure so that is why i have repeat they said just too soon on the u/s.

every pregnancy is different i know mine have been lol try not to worry the fact your bleeding has stopped is good....

Krissy- Thanks so much for your response. My ultrasound was originally scheduled for next week at 7 weeks because she assumed that this week would be too early. I am hopeful that next week will bring a little bean with a strong heartbeat all snug right where he (or she) should be. I asked about my fibroids and was told that they could make seeing a very early pregnancy harder to see by shouldn't cause spotting.:shrug:

Hi again ladies sorry i went mia lol

Ellef-congrats on the beautiful scan!!!

Hopeful-i totally understand what you are going through! the brown spotting i had stopped on sunday but then at work last night i got pink which is newer blood freaked out and they sent me home. it is done now and the nurse told me i have a sensitive cervix and pretty much anything could have caused it but since ihave no real pain and it has pretty much stopped they are not worried about it. i have had one scan at 4w5d but too early to see anything and my next is on the 27 at 7w1d so hopefully i get the pretty peanut with a hb.

Krissy, your spotting sounds very much like mine. Just 4 months ago I went into preterm labor and delivered our little girl at 21 weeks. The placenta was still firmly attached and took another 5 hours to detach after Zoi's birth. Now, common sense tells me that my cervix and uterus have recently been through some trauma, so is it really a shock that I am having some spotting at this stage when everything is still getting into place? I'd imagine that there are still a lot of sensitive areas in there.

Hope- i couldnt not imagine your pain from the loss of your little girl. my first mc was exactly 1 yr ago today and i was 11.5 weeks and that was heart breaking to me. then i had an early mc after that. it is so hard not to be scared over everything this time but i have a wonderful nurse at the ob office that says i am just fine....they wont even do another u/s before the one i have scheduled on 27th bc they want to make sure i am far enough along this time.

i know this wait for our u/s is a long one....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->