December 2014 babies

Hey ladies! I'm sorry I've been so quiet, I feel like I've been drowning in school work as I get closer to the end of the quarter.

We had our gender reveal yesterday and are happy to announce we're team :pink:! I screamed with excitement when we sliced open the cake and DH is over the moon with joy.

I hope everyone and their growing LO's are doing well :)

Attachments

• IMG_1432.jpg
    IMG_1432.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1459.jpg
    IMG_1459.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 0
Hey ladies! I'm sorry I've been so quiet, I feel like I've been drowning in school work as I get closer to the end of the quarter.

We had our gender reveal yesterday and are happy to announce we're team :pink:! I screamed with excitement when we sliced open the cake and DH is over the moon with joy.

I hope everyone and their growing LO's are doing well :)

Congrats on joining team :pink: :D

Helen I just saw in your signature you have an Amelia! :) That's what we plan to name our little miss :)

Dragonfly, congrtas of the tem pink, it was cool way to announce with a cake!!!

I just came back from the dentist and she told me I have gingivitis. I have never had it in my life and it's pregnancy related, the hormones thickens saliva and more bacteria get trapped in. She suggested to do a profesional teeth cleaning now and before the birth. I did. My teeth feelsso wondeful. Also she looked atmy teeth w/o x-rays, she could see 3 cavaties but she is only 60% sure we'll wait till the birth to look at those closer. The bad news is that she suggests to pull out my 2 wisdom teeth cos they have cavaties and it's really hard to fix them. This is insane, I have to pull my teeth, when they don't cause me discomfort.
My dr. told me to clean my teeth everytime I eat 2 min after. I have to floss 2 a day, listerine is a pregnancy safe liquid.
Another tip she gave me, don't lay down on your back after 7 months of pregnancy. If you go to a dentist you have to tell them to incline the seat.
Ladies watch for your teeth closely and take care of them very well!

Not fun about the dentist news, I know I should be going in again, last time I went was the day I found out I'm pregnant. Glad your teeth.feed good now though! :)

We went to our local hospital for a birth info. I found only couple negative thing about this clinic.
1. You can't get to know your midwife ahead of time, so you don't know who will be with you at birth. In U.S. the same midwife does the prenatals check ups and assists with a birth.
Another sad thing is that all midwives are booked till December, but a good news is that this wonderful midwife we talked to gave us her tel. nr and she would stop by if we need her.

It is a small hospital, they have 2 birthing rooms and 8 other rooms. This town has 50.000 people. They do 5-10% unplanned c-sections, there goal is to go far as you can to birth naturally.
2. The midwife I talked to doesn't recommend staph testing at 36 weeks, cos at birth you may not be positive any more and you take anitbiotics for nothing. Midwive will come to our house and check on possible baby's infection.
3. Baby never leaves the parents after the birth.
4. After the birth my husband will cut baby's umbilical cord and the baby stays on my chest for 1-2 hours and than, later, he gets his exam.
5. Baby will get his vitK shot to prevent bleeding in his brain, cos extreme pressure from the birth may develope some bleeding in the brain.
6. Hip exam after the birth will be done to rule out hip dysplasia, my cousin has a baby with this problem and dr. didn't diagnose, my cousin noticed this condition.
7. Family room may be available if we are lucky. You can't book it ahead of time. It is a beautiful suite with a queen size bed and baby crib.
If a family or a single room is not available, if the midwife is nice she may let my hubby sleep on the coach in the visiting room.
8. Water birth! They have a tub! I am excited about that one! They have water proof heart monitors and yes! they have cordless monitors, you can move around as much as you want.
9. Laughing gass is the most popular here in this hospital. It relaxes you, help right away and goes out of your system right away. So you won't be flying when the baby is in your arms! I have never used it. I am bit worried but we'll see. Also O2 and aromatherapy and acupuncture could be used for pain management.
10. This clinic will not apply antibiotics on the baby's eyes, cos it can really irritate them and he can't see mommy clearly.
11. Midwife will do all the birth, dr. will come in if there is a problem

Now my plan is to get an appoinment for a birth preparation classes, I hope I am not too late! Should I make appointment 1-2 months before the birth? I would like to have all info still fresh for the birth.

Another plan is to visit a bigger hospital in Heidelberg. They also have a birth center in the same building. I am interested in that!

Tomorrow we are going to our 21 week u/s. Excited!

Hi ladies,
I had my mid scan yeterday.
U/S took few minutes. We requested the short one.
The baby's head was near my belly botton, my tears went down my chin. I was so emotional to hear this. Dr. couldn't take a photo of the face cos he was laying down towards my back. All the measurements head, belly, hips were dating between 21w1d-21w4days. We saw black spots in the tummy and in the bladder, it means liquid is there, digestive system is developed nicely. His heart was was beating strong and I could see 3 beautiful heart valves. His heart beat was 140bpm. We are staying team yellow. We will not find out the gender. The best suprise of all was the due date. It's not on the 29th of December. It's on the 26th of December on my birthday!!!! This is the best present ever! This is a double one, Christmas and birthday suprise! I am so happy, excited and blessed that little 8w2day(last u/s) peanut grew in a such a big and healthy pomegranate.

Varicose vein on my left leg and overall pain in my legs are the only comlaints I have so far. Dr. prescribed compression stockings. Have you used them, do you know if somebody else wore them.
My mom has varicose veins and so do I. It's genetic, I have week veins, and during pregnancy they showing up. It's not big deal. It's only a cosmetic problem, my varicose vein may dissapear after the delivery, if not there are some options to remove them. The good news is that I do carry lots of genetics from my mom, and I hope I carry her "easy delivery gene" too ( she delivered 3 kids quick and easy, without even pushing, they came out like from the cannon).:happydance:

V-day here :happydance: I currently have no doctor :( sucks but i know this woman doctor im going to start going to toward the 3rd week of September because i have to get a referral that takes two weeks to come in the mail. Im changing my doctor because my doctor was being a total perv he would call me sexy and all kinds of stuff. Tells me to come back later on the day for massages smh vert uncomfortable! And my wife was there and she was going to punch him so it was better to just changed and to a woman doctor as well. I really hope im not missing anything my next appointment with ther perv was on the 2nd and the doctor i see for my referral i see him on the 4th so not a big difference plus i have my vitamins and a doppler and if something happens I'll go to the hospital I am registered at.

Wow it's Vday for the three of us today!!:happydance: Happy Vday Keneajay & TwoLezzies :)

TwoLezzies - I'm so sorry about your awful doctor! I'm glad to hear you're switching. I wouldn't worry to much on waiting until the 3rd week of September, it's not too long in between. My next mw appointment isn't until the second week so the timing is pretty much the same :) I hope this next one is a perfect match so you wont have to worry anymore.

Hey ladies I had another scan and came to share the photos!!
Happy V-day ladies!! Although I am clueless to what a Vday is

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 2
Only a few more days and It's V-Day for me :happydance:

Have to go for a re scan tomorrow, why do I have a feeling that they will find something wrong with her :cry:
I had a dream last night where I went and the went past her potty shot and she was a boy :(
I'm over reacting and I hate it most of the times, poor DH gets it all the time.

Awww, cute scan pictures :D

Only a few more days and It's V-Day for me :happydance:

Have to go for a re scan tomorrow, why do I have a feeling that they will find something wrong with her :cry:
I had a dream last night where I went and the went past her potty shot and she was a boy :(
I'm over reacting and I hate it most of the times, poor DH gets it all the time.

Awww, cute scan pictures :D

Aww Hun she is fine and thanks about the scan! What is V day please explain to me

Crimson, hope and pray your everything will look good on your scan.
My tummy got hard like a ball yesterday for a few sec. Is it something to worry about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->