December Babies!

My boy is due the 28th of December. The past few days he has been beating up my ribs and hips at the same time but as of like 2 days ago I think he has dropped as I have not felt him around my ribs but almost like lodged between my hips and more on the right side of my body. Is this possible for 34 weeks and 2 days? I am just guessing but I think he going to be here before the 28th....

My boy is due the 28th of December. The past few days he has been beating up my ribs and hips at the same time but as of like 2 days ago I think he has dropped as I have not felt him around my ribs but almost like lodged between my hips and more on the right side of my body. Is this possible for 34 weeks and 2 days? I am just guessing but I think he going to be here before the 28th....

It's very possible your baby has dropped! :) Although, it doesn't really have much to do with *when* you go into labor - but it does help because babies head presses against cervix. It just isn't a big indicator of *when* the big delivery day will happen.

Logan Charles has made his decent and was head down as of November 25th. Upon exam I am not dilated but Dr. could feel his head just beyond my cervix. Is this any indication of an earlier labor than planned, due date is December 28th? Would love to have him here for Christmas and New Years but wanting him as healthy as possible so if that means waiting til the 28th by all means I hope he takes his time. Despite dislocating my patella and the ER visit to pop it back in I have had an amazing pregnancy and am in no rush for him to come early if it will bring problems.

I'm not entirely sure but I don't think so, baby can be engaged for weeks it doesn't mean they're guna come I'm afraid.
But you never know....

Good luck!

I am very curious about what breast feeding and pumping will feel like. Would trying my breast pump at this point be a bad idea, I am 37 weeks 2 days...? Obviously if it isn't a good idea I won't do it but curious if I could...

Hey hey dec babies thread just thought I'd update.

I had my little princess after 2 days in hospital being induced then 2 hours of active labour, it all went so fast over in a blur lol
She arrived on fri 6th 12 at 40 + 2 and is utterly perfect even if I do say so myself!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1
Hey hey dec babies thread just thought I'd update.

I had my little princess after 2 days in hospital being induced then 2 hours of active labour, it all went so fast over in a blur lol
She arrived on fri 6th 12 at 40 + 2 and is utterly perfect even if I do say so myself!

She's sooo cute, congratulations xx:hugs:

Hi don't know if many remember me but wanted to pop in and say congrats! my would have been due date is Friday and while i am sad i lost that baby i am happy to say i am now 12+3 and baby is doing great! so i will now have a june baby! everything happens for a reason i have to believe that.

congrats again ladies on beautiful babies!!!!

Hi don't know if many remember me but wanted to pop in and say congrats! my would have been due date is Friday and while i am sad i lost that baby i am happy to say i am now 12+3 and baby is doing great! so i will now have a june baby! everything happens for a reason i have to believe that.

congrats again ladies on beautiful babies!!!!

Sorry to hear about your loss but congrats on the new beanie xx

I am 38w3d and Silas is VERY engaged. They did a scan on Tuesday and they are guessing he is almost 7 pounds [could be off by a pound either way] and my fluid looks good. I was getting worried that I was slowly leaking but it's just pee! LOL! My maternity leave started on Monday and we decided that I will be a SAHM. So, I am taking my full leave but I do not need to return at all. Actually, I am on "vacation" because I had almost 50 hours left but my ML will start when he is born. I was starting to get nervous about going down to one income but DF makes good money and we got a real blessing today! While DF was working away, his boss came up to him and commended all his hard work and gave him a $1 raise! He just got a $1 raise in August and now they gave him another!

We're getting antsy and I'm hunkered down at home because the weather is bad and I'm afraid of slipping on the ice. But we're going to do the last touches on the nursery this weekend. Clothes are washed but need to be hung. I still need to pack our bags! My mom is bringing me a big luggage bag and her crochet stuff.

Also, I switched to a midwife because my OB was a total bitch! She made me feel so pressured into letting go of my birth plan because it would "make things complicated for the staff" and she didn't support anything I wanted. Which was, labor at home as long as possible [she said that if I wasn't hooked up to a monitor, they couldn't know what was going on with the baby and wanted me in as soon as I thought I was in labor], have a drug free labor and delivery and have immediate, un-interuppted skin-to-skin. Needless to say, I would do whatever I needed if we were in danger. There's more about the OB I hated but the above was enough to make me make the switch. My midwife is AMAZING! She is 100% on the same page as me and I didn't even need to tell her my plan. She told me how she likes to do things and it WAS my birth plan! She made me feel a lot better about induction, too. She said she starts it very low and slow and only turns it up until she sees progression, then she lets my body do the rest. Most doctors will crank it on high from the get-go and keep turning it up because it will get things done faster [way harder on mom and baby but at least the doctor is home for dinner...].

Anyways, I'm just sitting here waiting. I have a feeling he won't be late. I'm due the 23rd. I'm the most nervous about crowning and how badly it will hurt. The nurse and midwife both said that I always looked so relaxed and that it's the "laid back" moms who have easier labors. They said the ones who are all cocky, thinking it will be a day at the park, almost always have the tough, long labors. I found a lot of comfort in that, lol!

Had an appointment yesterday, I am 37 weeks 5 days... I am 50% effaced and 2cm dilated. I have been having on and off contractions about a half hour apart. I think I just lost my mucus plug (globby looking, bit darker in color than my normal discharge, some stringy parts), what do I do now? Should I call my doctor? My edd is December 28th but clearly he wants to come early with my dilation being 2 cm already... HELP!

Ooh good luck to you babyd and allicat I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Allicat I would call your midwife and tell her your plugs gone and see what she says.

Ooh good luck to you babyd and allicat I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Allicat I would call your midwife and tell her your plugs gone and see what she says.

Dr. said there was no need to call when/if my plug came out. Said to call if I have any bleeding or contraction timing is 10 minutes apart. My contractions are still about 20 to 30 minutes apart at this point, they have gotten stronger since yesterday tho.

My LO was born 12/12/13 via schedule c-section. We are so in love with our Mason:cloud9: <3

Pleased for all you ladies who have your babies so far. Congratulations!!! I have my sweep tomorrow afternoon. Very scared! Hope it works though.

Had contractions for a solid 3 hrs last night... started about 1 every 30 minutes and then every 10-15 (with shortness of breath) minutes and then 3-5 minutes( also with shortness of breath). Called my Dr. and she said to wait it out and change positions and walk around, so hubby and I timed them as I switched positions laying down and then standing up and walking around. Of course when I stood up and walked around they started to spread out until they stopped. Haven't had any contractions today but am hoping that they pick up again tonight and maybe it will be time. Been eating a lot of spicy foods, walking a lot,having sex as often as we can, also bouncing on an exercise ball (any proof to this working?). I just looked down at my shirt and saw a drop of clear liquid near each nipple, this is the first I have leaked and am 38 weeks as of yesterday. Any predictions about when my son will be here? I am hoping labor starts very soon....

4 days overdue, still no baby, getting more miserable by the minute...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->