December is here!

Omg he is CUTE!!!! huge congratulations Amanda :hugs: hope your feeling well, way to go not having any drugs! :happydance:

Im just loving all these baby's being born :)

Massive congratulations Amanda, Oliver is gorgeous! Also go you for going drug free! I'm going to give it a go but don't know how long that will last haha. Xx

Good evening ladies!!!

Update!! My yellow bump turned BLUE!! Introducing Oliver Cain born this morning (December 16th) at 10:41am weighing in at 7lbs 2oz just like his big brother and 19.5 inches long!! He is nursing like a champ despite being so early. I am cuddling him on my chest right now doing some precious skin to skin and my heart is absolutely bursting at the seams!! 51 hours of labour and no drugs! (Although I was begging like a dog right at transition) I pushed for 5 minutes and he came right out!!! Loved reading all the updates!! Excited for all you ladies who have this all to look forward to!! What an amazing journey!!

Wow he's just perfect congrats! X

Congratulations Amanda, he is just perfect :cloud9: xx

Just a mini update. Sweep went very well. Cervix very favourable. MW said cervix was very easy to reach & soft so gave it a good go over lol. Currently 3cm dilated. Length of cervix is about half a cm, not sure what that means? Baby is at station -3.

She thinks there will be a baby for sure in the next 48 hours.

I was having cramps before I saw her so hope they continue! Xx

Lucy that's so exciting!!! :wohoo: I hope things get going now for you. It sounds very positive :) xx

Thank you ladies!! I am so over the moon!! He is such an incredible little guy, he has had 3 poops in a four hour time span lol his pipes are working good hahahaha he is also a great sleeper like his big brother (so far, knock on wood) recovery is going pretty well despite the 2nd degree tears I got in the extra speedy pushing stage but honestly the pain killers are keeping up with it.

Lucy that is awesome news!! Cervical length refers to effacement! An unchanged/normal cervix is approx 4cm long so half a cm mean you are 80% effaced which is super good!! Wishing you speedy vibes and safe delivery!! Will be checking in for more updates in the coming days!!

I am term+5 days, i have tried absolutely everything to get this baby moving and I've had 2 sweeps. I have a consultant appointment tomorrow morning. I'm wondering if there's any chance at all i could sort of tell them to induce me this weekend as its Christmas next week and my brother in law is flying back home to Australia Boxing day, this is the first time hes been home in 2 years and i would really love it if he could meet his nephew before going home. This is my first child and the first baby in the family. Every midwife i have spoke to thinks ill be induced tomorrow night or Friday morning because they wouldn't want me in over Christmas. My Cousin was also induced 2 weeks ago at 6 days over. I haven't slept for four nights and have completely lost my appetite which is very much unlike me, at 39+3 my baby was estimated to weigh 7lbs12oz and hes healthy.
please help?

Thank You

I am term+5 days, i have tried absolutely everything to get this baby moving and I've had 2 sweeps. I have a consultant appointment tomorrow morning. I'm wondering if there's any chance at all i could sort of tell them to induce me this weekend as its Christmas next week and my brother in law is flying back home to Australia Boxing day, this is the first time hes been home in 2 years and i would really love it if he could meet his nephew before going home. This is my first child and the first baby in the family. Every midwife i have spoke to thinks ill be induced tomorrow night or Friday morning because they wouldn't want me in over Christmas. My Cousin was also induced 2 weeks ago at 6 days over. I haven't slept for four nights and have completely lost my appetite which is very much unlike me, at 39+3 my baby was estimated to weigh 7lbs12oz and hes healthy.
please help?

Thank You

Unfortunatly I think this is only something your doctor can answer. I hope you get your baby for Christmas time. Good luck keep us updated x

Amanda that's amazing he sounds as though he's doing amazing! Any idea when you get to go home?

Glad to hear all is well with the little one Amanda :)

Hopefully I won't be waiting too much longer, feeling uncomfortable now. Still having random tightenings - Just need them to get going properly!

Decided to go out for lunch with Scarlett & OH as it may be the last time it's just the 3 of us together. Xx

Enjoy your lunch Lucy. Hopefully your waters will break at the dinner table :rofl: xx

Haha they didn't thank god! Back home now, walking around was agony!

Contractions still irregular, going to have a nice got bath and pack the rest of our bags as I think I may be going in sometime through the night or early morning! Xx

Congrats Amanda!!! Sorry I missed all the excitement I got a really good sleep last night when I usually get on and check bnb in th middle of the night, last night I didn't lol. Hopefully you get to head home soon with your Xmas gift :)

Lucy it sounds like not much longer for you Hun!! Fx things speed right along!

Motherbear- I would say talk with your dr and see what they say about an induction this weekend. It can be perfectly healthy for baby to be 2 weeks overdue, and in my case that's when my induction is booked but I am so uncomfortable and fed up with the aches and pains I can't imagine going that long! So I understand your frustration but try and relax and enjoy the last few days of being preggo, maybe get a massage or pedicure and have a bath, sleep, and who knows your body might kick into gear before the induction!

Thank you :) Trying not to get hopes up just incase nothing happens for days. Xx

I meant to add I am obviously still pregnant :haha: no signs of labor at this point, even my contractions and cramping has let up this morning. My i laws are coming in this weekend so I just hope it happens before/while they are here because they are our help, we don't know anyone else in our new town! I decided to "forget" I'm pregnant and go on with things...yesterday I shopped walked the mall and took my son to soft play. Was nice to get out and forget I'm overdue!

Bmama that would be fab if things could kick off while your Inlaws are with you. Hope it isn't too much longer for you now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->