December is here!

I've had a few days of washing things and started packing my hospital bag yesterday. Heading to mothercare later for some last minute bits, it's all making me sooooo excited and impatient!
My sweep has been offered at 38+2, I'm not 100% sure I'm prepared for it! Eeek! So exciting ladies! Xxx

I asked my Mw to check my cervix and she said baby's head was very low down but my cervix was very posterior so she couldn't do the sweep. Back again in two weeks....!!!!

I asked my Mw to check my cervix and she said baby's head was very low down but my cervix was very posterior so she couldn't do the sweep. Back again in two weeks....!!!!

Ah what a shame, great news that baby's head is so low though :)

Since I'm from the U.S. I'm not too familiar with what a sweep is? Can anyone shed some light on it for this American? :haha: when we have an internal exam done our dr/mw just checks cervix with finger(s), I've never heard of a sweep but now I want one!!

Since I'm from the U.S. I'm not too familiar with what a sweep is? Can anyone shed some light on it for this American? :haha: when we have an internal exam done our dr/mw just checks cervix with finger(s), I've never heard of a sweep but now I want one!!

I think this is correct....

It's where they sweep the membranes.

I've found a link for you :)

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/what-is-a-membrane-sweep

I've been admitted at 5:30am with 5cm dilated. Contractions were 8-12 mins apart and not painful. It is now 8:15am and they are 5mins apart! A bit painful so far but not terrible.

Hugs and good luck to us all! :)

I've been admitted at 5:30am with 5cm dilated. Contractions were 8-12 mins apart and not painful. It is now 8:15am and they are 5mins apart! A bit painful so far but not terrible.

How exciting!!!

Looking forward to your update :)

Yaaay baby is still head down, happy now :) xx

Exciting!! Looking forward to future updates :) Hope we're all close behind you

Exciting!!! I can live vicariously through you until it's my turn. Sounds like you're doung fab :) can't wait to Hear more X

Good luck rootinblue, looking forward to your updates! Xx

:happydance::happydance:Yeaa come on baby. Good luck hun xx

Thanks mummy, makes sense now to me!

Lucy- awesome news on a head down baby 👍👏

Rootin- yay for getting to meet your LO soon! Hope you have a speedy and painless labor :)

I went to my docs today. I'm 1cm dilated and 60% effaced. I hope I don't have much longer.

All you ladies are so lucky being able to get checked out, I guess that's an American thing?

The only time a Midwife will go near my foof is once I've hit 40 weeks! X

I never made it to 40 weeks last time so I'm hoping the same this time around! X

Lucy it's the same here, no internals until we go over due.

Jz I hope the contractions pick up for you, surly can't be much longer now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->