December is here!

I've been admitted at 5:30am with 5cm dilated. Contractions were 8-12 mins apart and not painful. It is now 8:15am and they are 5mins apart! A bit painful so far but not terrible.

Hugs and good luck to us all! :)

Someone's little one may be entering the world soon :).

I went to my docs today. I'm 1cm dilated and 60% effaced. I hope I don't have much longer.

Oh my. Hopefully not too much longer for you :).

Yes im hoping not. So much pain from my back and nerve injuries. The doc said baby will be able to go home with me and no stay in nicu if he's born now and everything goes smoothly!

I don't know if I'd consider getting checked out lucky lol...it hurts! Plus now that I know I'm dialated I keep thinking every cramp has to be labor...and when they fizzle out I get super bummed :( not knowing certainly has its perks!

In other news I've been losing globs of my plug all day, so I'm staying hopeful labor is right around the corner👍

All you ladies are so lucky being able to get checked out, I guess that's an American thing?

The only time a Midwife will go near my foof is once I've hit 40 weeks! X

I never made it to 40 weeks last time so I'm hoping the same this time around! X

I wonder why it is that way? They did my gbs culture today so she said she wanted to check me while "down there" because of all my contractions and pelvic pain/pressure. Which has been SUPER bad! I could be at 60% and 1cm for weeks but I seriously hope it's only one more week. It would be really cool if he is born on dec 11th my dd2 bday. They may not like it tho.lol

I don't know if I'd consider getting checked out lucky lol...it hurts! Plus now that I know I'm dialated I keep thinking every cramp has to be labor...and when they fizzle out I get super bummed :( not knowing certainly has its perks!

In other news I've been losing globs of my plug all day, so I'm staying hopeful labor is right around the corner👍

That is a great sign! How many cm are you? Effacement?

Lucy and mummy I think it's a postcode lottery in the UK because im in London and I got checked. Each mw or area has different rules I think also your history etc. I got offered a sweep because I'm a second time mum and my first labour was super quick after a very long build up so mw is trying to avoid me giving birth on the kitchen floor....that's what she told me anyway lol:shrug:

Also She said that they're more effective with a second baby

I think it's just luck X

Happy due date Yoshi!

Ugh I had some contractions between 10-15 minutes for nearly an hour then they fizzled out to nothing... just a few light bh here and there. Grr.

Happy due date yoshi!!

Oh dragonfly - I hope things are starting up for you, can you head out on a long walk?

Happy due date Yoshi!

Ugh I had some contractions between 10-15 minutes for nearly an hour then they fizzled out to nothing... just a few light bh here and there. Grr.

Sounds like someone is packing her bags and getting ready to make her appearance!
You are so going to have this baby before me!

Baby2012 - I think that is what it must be! I see her again next week at 39 weeks so I'm going to ask for a sweep then as I'm in so much pain with SPD, I still reckon she will make me wait until 40 weeks though!

Happy due date Yoshi!

Mrs Dragonfly - It's sounds as things may be starting up for you, bounce on your ball & go for a long walk :)

I'm trying to keep busy to make the days pass quicker & in hope it will start things off. Off to soft play today with my LG & then tomorrow I'm tackling the Christmas shopping! I definitely found walking was the best way to bring on labour last time! X

Enjoy your busy days Lucy, it definitely won't be too long for you now.

The days will fly in if your keeping busy :)

Baby Benjamin arrived at 3:07pm weighing a whopping 8 lbs (my first was only 6 lbs.)! :) He is doing good but we are still working on our latch.

Labor took a bad turn for me after receiving my epidural. It didn't feel right and within a minute my body was shutting down and the room was filled with doctors, surgeons, and nurses. It was the scariest thing! All I remember asking was if my baby was doing fine in my belly and feeling the worst headache ever. Thankfully they were all very professional and took very good care of me. I'm doing good now. I was surprised how quick things turned ugly because I had a healthy pregnancy as well as my previous one. The tears and terror I saw in my hubby's face made me so sad. He said he thought he was going to lose me. :(

Btw, my 2 year old was in the room the whole time bit slept through it all luckily.

Thank you for allowing me to vent my experience.

Rootinblue - I'm so sorry you had a bit of a scary experience. But a huge congratulations on the birth of your baby!! :hugs:

Rootinblue that sounds so scary but at least you and Benjamin are doing great now, congratulations :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->