December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Last time, we had a girl's name all picked out but not a boy's. Of course the ultrasound came around and showed he was all boy, so we had to figure that out. This time we went in with both a full boy's and girl's name so we'd have one either way!

I am very, very lucky that my husband and I have similar taste in names. Makes life easier. Then again, we might have trouble narrowing it down!

It's amazing how much ltttc can affect someone and stay with them even after a successful pregnancy

This :thumbup: I know we don't have our bub in our arms yet, but that LTTTC really does leave a dark cloud over you :nope: I hope this doesn't sound insensitive to our ladies that have had a loss, but one of my biggest fears right now (probably because I haven't had a loss) is that we will lose this baby then have to TTC again! Or even thinking about TTC #2 gives me anxiety :dohh:

Anyway, what do you ladies consider 2nd tri beginning? Some say 13 wks, mid 13wks, or 14 weeks. I think I'm going to go with 13 wks.

I think its pretty safe to say, I doubt there will be any more losses as the chances are really slim right now. I do know it can happen as I had a 2nd trimester loss Christmas eve last year. If you are nervous about anything and just need some reassurance please phone the doctor or midwife just to put your mind at ease.

Hope your DS feels better soon Willow.

Lilly, some sites say it is 13 weeks and some say 14 weeks. No clue, I skipped thru week 13 when I got put forward 12 days so never had to consider it lol!

A couple of people have said they think they see a boy nub on my scan. We have a girls name picked (ish) but no boys name.

Dh and I have a few names picked out but we are still narrowing it down. I've been having ms on and off the last week or so but I feel great today. Every now and then I this small fluttery feeling low in my tummy. Maybe baby??? Lol.

What a fun to think, search n choose a baby name!

I don't know if mines such a weird culture, but for sure it's different. We don't need to struggle or can't have fun with choosing names for first two boys and first two girls. They get paternal and maternal grand parents name.

My son has got father in laws name - Joseph
If it's a boy again he gets my fathers name- George
A girl ; will get mom in laws name - Elizabeth

Welcome and congratulations wishingonastar :flower:
I am still feeling completely exhausted all the time but hey ho shouldn't really complain :) am very jealous of all of you ladies having your gender scan before me tho lol, mine isn't until 30th July. Haven't really given names much thought except OH wrote me a list of all names he likes and I hate them all :rofl: no but seriously he listed about 30 and I like about 3 :haha: xx

We've had ours picked out a long time. A girl will be Eden Violet and a boy will be Taylor Steven :)

Lovely names Indian Maa. :) My DD's middle name is Elizabeth and I have always been quite partial to George, one of my guinea pigs and one of my child hood teddies are called George! :)

Cute names IndianMaa and Laura!! I love Eden especially :)

Now that we know bubs is a boy, we're thinking of Henry. Maybe Henry Joseph (DH's middle name is Joseph) or Henry Charles? DH wants Henry Thor :) I'm glad we have a few months left to decide!!

I have a list of about 15 boys names I kinda like, but none that I really like. Poco, like you, I liked Henry. It was one of my favorites, but I mentioned it to DH and he didn't like it at all.

With my son, we agreed on a name (Calvin) almost as soon as we found out it was a boy. So it's strange to have no idea this time. I'm amazed at those of you whose partners actually suggest names. DH has never suggested a single name, with DS#1 or now.

Oh I have been mithering my OH on a daily basis for like a year and he finally came up with 1 name a few weeks ago haha! Told him if he doesn't pick anything and this baby is a boy it's being called Nicholas wether he likes it or not hehe!

It's amazing how much ltttc can affect someone and stay with them even after a successful pregnancy

This :thumbup: I know we don't have our bub in our arms yet, but that LTTTC really does leave a dark cloud over you :nope: I hope this doesn't sound insensitive to our ladies that have had a loss, but one of my biggest fears right now (probably because I haven't had a loss) is that we will lose this baby then have to TTC again! Or even thinking about TTC #2 gives me anxiety :dohh:

Anyway, what do you ladies consider 2nd tri beginning? Some say 13 wks, mid 13wks, or 14 weeks. I think I'm going to go with 13 wks.

I considered myself entering 2nd tri at 12 weeks, and fully in 2nd tri at 14 weeks. Like a process, not a line.

And I don't think it is insensitive to have your biggest fear be a loss, even from this point. That is all of our biggest fears. Especially for women trying after a loss. It is my nightmare for sure, and I think about it all the time.

However, as much as my anxiety wants to get the best of me, I'm working hard to not let it. Every day is a beautiful day. I'm pregnant! Wow!

Weighing in on the name topic- I can not even get my DH's cooperation with even looking at names. AT first it was "We have 9 months to decide" and now it is just complete unwillingness.

Our DD has a very meaningful name on a personal level for me. And because it means so much to me, DH suggested we name our first girl the name when we were only talking about having children. Athiliya - A misspelled version of the misspelled version my mother was originally going to name me, of the name "Athaliah". It is the name written in her Bible, a bible she had when pregnant with me. And because of it, I grew quite attached to the name. And her middle name "Rose" which is my mother's nickname. My mother is still alive, but very Very ill.

And because DD has such a meaningful name. I look for names that I like, and have some meaning on personal level to me or DH. So I wrote out four names each for boy and girl and handed it to DH...
It always becomes a fight, because he looks for ways to make fun of the names I pick. And he has suggest like, 3 names, 2 of which I dislike. And this caused a literal tantrum from DH about how "I never like anything he suggests". Please tell me my DH is NOT the only man that does this...

Anywho, I am heading into second tri in a week. And have a gender scan scheduled for August 3rd... And I would like to have a name to tell the family then... If not, and he still has not weighed in, the babe is getting one of the names I have picked at birth, if he likes it of not!

i made an excel sheet and added names whenever i heard ones i liked and my husband will quickly make a face at some of them, but i think we've come up with a handful of names we both like. we do have a front runner first and middle name for a girl and are pretty set on the first name for a boy with several options we've tossed around for a middle name.

so many men in our families have the same names (between first and middle names, there is a ton of overlap!) and we both like the idea of using a family name. we just have to be careful to use them in a way that avoids confusion! it'll probably just come down to actually meeting baby and making sure the name "fits" and if it doesn't, going back to our list and picking something else.

my parents couldn't agree on a name for me until i was born. my dad wanted Ashley and my mom wanted Morgan. Morgan Ashley wouldn't satisfy my dad and my mom didn't like Ashley Morgan. but when i was born, they agreed that i just "looked like a '____.'" whatever that means!:haha: but, maybe gives hope to those of you who are having a hard time agreeing with your partner...?:thumbup:

Hiya ladies!

Can I please join? I had my scan on Friday and have been given my official EDD 28th December :D

Would be lovely to join and get to know you all :) x

Welcome Lula!

I am so excited for my scan. And terrified. Only a few more days... Also, in other news, I think we might have picked a name... Atlas! Weird but we both love it.

Beth - my OH is exactly the same and always has a tantrum and says I don't like the names he likes. He's now told me he only wants names he can spell....he's dyslexic with a big dash of lazy so he likes the names Leo and Zoe because he can spell them. I also have my gender scan 3rd August :) won't be telling people baby name until after baby is born though, don't want the negative opinions to over shadow it. I love the name Elowyn for a girl but I told someone at work and she was really horrible about it.

Me being a div forgot to give OH his fathers day stuff before he left for work early this morning, I was still in bed when he went at 8am lol! Waiting and waiting all day for him to come back and see. Cooked one of his favourite dinners we haven't had for a while so hopefully he will be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->