December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Hi all, I haven't posted in a while but have been checking in and making sure all was well with you all :)

We had our second Nuchal Scan today as we couldn't get measurements last week, baby was sitting up (reading a book, doing admin?) so today was better - had my blood test & will see MW next week to get results I hope :)

Told friends and family this week and they are so stoked for us, especially my Dad which was so sweet to see.

X

We're also not telling anyone their name until they are born. Don't need opinions from folk

Hey!

So happy to say after 3 girls we're having our long waited BOY! So happy right now.

Thank you for changing my DD :D

Attachments

• 11031148_10204772554337221_7294420340675754382_n.jpg
    11031148_10204772554337221_7294420340675754382_n.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 4
I have no names in mind, i seriously can't even think of names until baby is born. Even then it can take upto a week lol

Mummytoamber - great news :)

Yep no way are we sharing names before birth...not interested in unwelcome opinions either :thumbup:

Wondering when I'll be sent 20 week scan date as im 17 weeks now and not heard anything. I had 12 week one late (at nearly 14 weeks) as surgery messed up and didn't refer me.

Feels strange that we're getting towards halfway mark already!

Yep no way are we sharing names before birth...not interested in unwelcome opinions either :thumbup:

Wondering when I'll be sent 20 week scan date as im 17 weeks now and not heard anything. I had 12 week one late (at nearly 14 weeks) as surgery messed up and didn't refer me.

Does your hosp not book it at 12w scan? I was 14+4 at my daying scan my next scan is 13th july ill be 19+4.

Beth - my OH is exactly the same and always has a tantrum and says I don't like the names he likes. He's now told me he only wants names he can spell....he's dyslexic with a big dash of lazy so he likes the names Leo and Zoe because he can spell them. I also have my gender scan 3rd August :) won't be telling people baby name until after baby is born though, don't want the negative opinions to over shadow it. I love the name Elowyn for a girl but I told someone at work and she was really horrible about it.

Oh! How exciting!! I REALLY love Isabella or Moira for a girl. And I really love Liam or Joshua or Tristan for a boy.

Hubby says " I don't hate them" and then from there nothing... I am pretty stuck on the girls names though. I dont think he can talk me out of either of them.

I thought about keeping the name secret. But I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut because I get too excited. (it is also why my mother always gets her gift before her birthday or Christmas) SO I am not even going to try to keep it secret. LOL.

I'm amazed that people can be so rude about names. It's such a personal choice. Even if I hear a name that someone is thinking of that I don't like, i wouldn't dream of saying that as its none of my business!

I think I'm definitely feeling baby movements now. With DS they felt more like muscle spasms but these feel more like pops and squirms. I really hope I get to hear the heartbeat at my midwife appointment on Friday.

Does your hosp not book it at 12w scan? I was 14+4 at my daying scan my next scan is 13th july ill be 19+4.

I'm not sure! Where surgery messed up I had to go to normal ultrasound department instead of maternity one. I'll wait til 18 weeks then give midwife a nudge!

I'll probably tell my parents and DH's mom the baby name choice. They are all really sweet, I can't imagine them saying something mean about what we pick. They already have heard some of the choices we've kicked around with, so it wouldn't be anything out of the blue.

Haha so far we told them we are naming the baby Thanos (ie. destroyer of worlds, from Guardians of the Galaxy) so whatever name we actually pick will be a relief for them, I'm sure! LOL

I know it's super early but I swear I felt baby move the other night. I was constipated (sorry TMI) so I had a coffee in hopes of 'getting things moving' and I was sitting there and there were bubbles but I assumed just gas and then it felt like something poked right where baby is. I've never felt anything like it ! OH was happy because we were watching Iron Man (for the billionth time) so he's convinced baby is a Marvel fan now !

I'm amazed that people can be so rude about names. It's such a personal choice. Even if I hear a name that someone is thinking of that I don't like, i wouldn't dream of saying that as its none of my business!

I think I'm definitely feeling baby movements now. With DS they felt more like muscle spasms but these feel more like pops and squirms. I really hope I get to hear the heartbeat at my midwife appointment on Friday.

I am usually good about keeping my opinions about names choice to myself. However yesterday, after announcing on FB that I have been thinking about names, my little sister suggested "Peaches"....
PEACHES! I am having a BABY! not a hamster! (BY the way she has 3 kids with beautiful names. Gabriel, Daemien, and Athena) And a friend of mine agreed with her (she has two kids Arianna and Sophia)
I mean, PEACHES!?

I know it's super early but I swear I felt baby move the other night. I was constipated (sorry TMI) so I had a coffee in hopes of 'getting things moving' and I was sitting there and there were bubbles but I assumed just gas and then it felt like something poked right where baby is. I've never felt anything like it ! OH was happy because we were watching Iron Man (for the billionth time) so he's convinced baby is a Marvel fan now !

Totally possible :D

I could swear I felt baby flutters/bubbles at 14 weeks, but I felt a kick FOR SURE last night (15 weeks, on the day!). So it is totally possible, especially if you are sensitive or paying lots of attention to your body! Then again, I have Colitis and IBS, so I know every kind of gas, so could tell this was definitely baby and not gas, haha!

SO DAMN EXCITING!

Totally possible :D

Definitely possible. With my first two I had anterior placenta and didn't feel either til around 20 wks. With this my placenta is posterior and I have definitely felt it moving since 14 weeks and now at 17 weeks it's movements are so strong it makes me feel physically sick as if it's churning my stomach around by body spinning in my womb!!! The movements are often uncomfortable and I hesitate to say it but border on unpleasant! I had no idea how much difference the placenta position makes as with my first two I never found their movements unpleasant but I guess they were dulled in comparison.

I'm really quite worried I'm 16 weeks tomorrow and not feeling any movement or showing yet haven't been told what way my placenta is and nothing wrote on my hospital notes about it :(

I'm really quite worried I'm 16 weeks tomorrow and not feeling any movement or showing yet haven't been told what way my placenta is and nothing wrote on my hospital notes about it :(

Please don't feel worried!stupid thing to say, I know, but feeling early movements really isn't "normal" and you're still on track. It just all depends on where baby is hanging around and where your organs are and stuff. I can't feel baby or find hb on Doppler unless it's right up at the front of my uterus (learned that at the doctors office recently). So if your baby only hangs out in one spot and you can't feel it there, obviously you're not gonna feel much or anything til baby gets big and strong enough. Also, even though I personally have felt very early flutters with both babies now, I didn't feel real, unmistakable movement until over 20 weeks. Now I'm occasionally feeling squirms but they're extremely rare, and because it's so early I still don't feel confident in saying its 100% baby even though I'm 99.999% sure. Most likely everything is completely fine in there. I also still don't have any kind of real bump, just bloat, and I didn't really show with my daughter until 20 weeks.

In terms of baby names, after all of the shit we got/still get over Caoimhe's name (from everyone, ranging from family to friends to doctors to total strangers) we are so numb to caring about other people's opinions that we don't mind sharing anymore. I've realized once baby is born they will get over it. And if they don't, I really don't care. I cried a lot over how my family reacted to Caoimhe's name and all of my emotions in that area are spent!

My appointment is at nine a.m. tomorrow. Even though I'm pretty sure I feel baby, I'm so paranoid that I'm wrong and something will have happened since I heard the heartbeat a few weeks ago. Ugh this paranoia and fear doesn't go around. I hope I see a healthy baby tomorrow.

Bethmaassen, I love the names Isabella and Joshua too.
BUT Peaches!!! I had a good laugh. Sorry about it...and Thank you!

I had a tough time since Friday, coordinating between hospital and insurance as my doctor/billing guys used all wrong codes for the billing and insurance did not pay a penny for all routine stuff.I am stressed as I want to change doctor and cant get any appointment soon with other good doctors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->