December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Hello ladies, can you make room for me on Team Blue please? :D

After more replies came in about the redundancy, i figured it was being laid off. But thanks for explaining ladies.

That's horrible Teddys :( Hopefully you can qualify for maternity leave or other coverage.

Congrats on your scan Nessaw! So glad it went well and your baby girl is right on track :)

Hey ladies, it has been a while since I last wrote in here. Yesterday I went in for the one hour glucose test. As soon as we got home I ran into my mother's room and used her glucometer to get a general idea of where I sat. It took us about 15 minutes to get home.
The result on the glucometer was 120. It couldn't be much different from the blood draw about 15minutes before, right?

I read depending on provider. either under 140 or under 130 is normal. I am so nervous. I had GD with DD. I really do not want to go through that again.

Yay for the pink and blue bumps!

I have had awful cramps all day. Pretty much my whole abdomen from belly button down hurts but it is very intense very low down and especially to the right side. I have had a constant pain on one very specific area towards my right side around about were the end of my section scar is for over a week now. I have spent all day assuming it's general tummy ache but it's just getting worse. :(

NEssaw, Congrats on team pink and that everything is looking good!

Teddy, I hope you can get some resolution on this situation in the near future. Sounds extremely stressful.

BethMassan, I have no idea about your glucose test. I'd think if there was a problem they get back to you very quickly. But then again, maybe that's just in a perfect world...

Twinmum, what you're describing makes me nervous...if it's getting worse and not better, I think you should go see doctor.

Ditto Twinmum, definitely go in to the doctor. At least call your local health line, ask them what to do.

I'm getting really, really excited about my ultrasound next week. I have the jitters and everything. I just want to see my baby so, so, so badly!!!

Congrats to all newly confirmed Pink and Blue bumps!

Teddysgirl, that's surely disturbing. I belong to a country where they don't (or will be very careful, if they have to do) lay off a pregnant woman. Hope you get all your employment benefits around this in a very fair way and hopefully you get to keep your job through this pregnancy and beyond. Magic happens often, as I believe.

Twinmom, it sounds not so good. Hope you will be consulting doctor soon.
In case if its gas or any digestion related pain; have half a teaspoon of carom seeds, if its easily available. Highly effective and natural. You will pass gas in a minute or will have less pain. Best is to roast on low heat for a minute or two and powder it. If you take it directly, roast it and chew it well before swallowing. If this has been tried and the pain isn't any better after 10 minutes or so, I think you must call up doctors office. Take good care of yourself!

All the ladies who are trying natural birth and VBAC, I so appreciate it. How I wish if I could be confident about it. I don't know much about labour and birth, I am going to read more on it and if doctor says I will be able to have a VBAC, I am going to try it without hesitation.

Twinmom - hope everything is alright and you are feeling better. I agree with everyone else better to be safe than sorry. Go get it checked out :)

After fainting at work yesterday and not being able to keep my breakfast down I am still feeling really crappy. For lunch yesterday all I managed was a couple of new potatoes and then didn't eat again until 11:30pm because I felt too sick and all I had was half a packet of instant noodles and had to lay down to stop them going back up. I've just woken up and I'm still feeling dizzy and sick. O didn't have much morning sickness in the first trimester but I seem to have it all the time now. I have a midwife appointment on Friday so I will mention it to her then.

Congrats to the pink and blue bumps!

I agree with everyone else Twinmum. It sounds like it needs to be checked out at least for peace of mind. Hope everything's ok.

Hope you are feeling better soon Teddy, sure you don't have a virus or something like that?

I was hoping it would just be a normal stomach thing but TBH I have been lucky enough not to have any toileting issues and it is not the same sort of pain as trapped wind and not of the rumbling around etc you get along with that. Plus when anything does pass the level of pain doesn't change. Will give the midwife a call after lunch as I have a meeting with my old land lord to check over all the house and that sort of stuff at 11.

All thru the night the very lower part of my abdomen felt like it was pulling every time I turned over. Pain wasn't so bad when I first woke up but by the time I had made kids breakfast the pain is getting worse again, all starting from the exact same little spot towards my right thats been hurting for over a week then moving across.

had my 20 week ultrasound today.:thumbup:

still team yellow:yellow: as we had decided to be. my husband told the tech up front that we didn't want to know and then part way through, the tech said, "okay, you're sure you don't want to know...?" and i said, "yep!" and we moved on. i'm not sure if he saw or could tell when he was taking all the measurements, but once he got everything he needed, he started the "show and tell" part. he turned on the big tv and showed us the skull and brain ("brains are always good":haha:), baby was moving his/her mouth (so cute!), hands, feet, leg bones, heart, ribs, etc. and the tech didn't slip up or even let the wand rest too long on baby's lower half, so...who knows!:shrug:

baby was in the most uncomfortable looking position, like a full forward bend: hands, feet and head all together and butt sticking out/up on the other side.:haha: was also in a position that meant the tech couldn't get spine measurements, so i went for a walk and had water to try to get baby to move, but it actually just made it worse.:dohh: i have to go back next week to try again (oh darn!:winkwink:) and hopefully baby will have flipped over!

it's fun hearing other people find out if they are team :blue: or :pink: though, as people start having their scans!

19 weeks as of yesterday and still not much going on in there I don't even feel pregnant anymore . I felt the odd tap last week and a pressure like sensation at one side of my belly close to my belly button but as of the last few days , nothing ! Hate this feeling

19 weeks as of yesterday and still not much going on in there I don't even feel pregnant anymore . I felt the odd tap last week and a pressure like sensation at one side of my belly close to my belly button but as of the last few days , nothing ! Hate this feeling

If it's any consolation, I don't feel as much movement anymore as I used to. Sometimes I go a whole day without feeling anything or barely anything. I also don't feel pregnant other than my belly getting big and harder and my SPD getting worse. I hope everything is okay and I'm sorry you're still having to deal with this!

Congrats on the good 20 weeks scan, Jump. Mine is Friday. I'm getting really nervous. I'm jealous that you have the willpower to stay team yellow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->