December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

I have been feeling what I suspect are baby's movements over the last few days, but I've also been so bloated and gassy that I can't be for sure. I am also really looking forward to the big kicks and somersaults that come later on. We finally have our anatomy scan scheduled for July 27th. However, since we are having a small gender reveal party, we won't actually be learning the sex until August 16th. I still can't wait to see baby, though. Our only other scan was at 7+2, so it's been a while! I'm hoping to hop on the boy train with the majority of everyone else, so we will see!

I don't feel so bad that other women are feeling bumps and kicks from the outside, because I just assume you guys are WAY thinner than me. (Don't tell me otherwise - it makes me feel better!!)

I definitely haven't felt anything from the outside yet. And very little on the inside. Some days she's pretty active and I feel her a few times. Other days just once or twice. But it's "blink and you'll miss it" type stuff

TMI Warning !!!

Just looked at my nipples are there is dried yellow stuff right in the middle of my nipples. Is this me leaking colostrum ? It's not a lot just dried on there. I'm only 17 weeks, this is my first !

That could either be dead skin cells that have gotten in the little holes that let the milk out or it could be a bit of dried up discharge, nipples/breasts do all sorts of weird things in pregnancy!

TMI Warning !!!

Just looked at my nipples are there is dried yellow stuff right in the middle of my nipples. Is this me leaking colostrum ? It's not a lot just dried on there. I'm only 17 weeks, this is my first !

I had definitely colostrum leakage, but only on one day and it was a tiny bit. I looked it up, and apparently it is pretty normal once you're into the second tri.

I was excited because I really want to breastfeed, so I hope it is a good sign! I was also weirded out though. Human bodies do strange things.

I also had some leakage in week 15. Seems like it's pretty normal!

Congrats to everyone who's found out the gender!

Teddy that sucks hun :( hope it works out as Mazndave has suggested so you can still get your SMP fingers crossed for you.

Anyone else still waiting on finding out the gender? We find out on 30th July which seems like an age away! It's only 2 weeks today but still feels a long wait lol. Also has anyone else got a gender preference? I feel like a bad mammy for saying I'm really really hoping it's a girl because of course the most important thing is that baby is healthy but OH says no more babies for us after this one and we've already got our Prince so would love a Princess too. I just feel really guilty for hoping for a girl more than a boy as I know we're blessed to be expecting naturally after only 3 months of trying xxx

We won't find out until December ;)

Anyone not feeling much movement i really wouldn't worry I had a quick sort of emergency scan yesterday and baby was waving it's arms, kicking my bladder, flipping all over the place and I couldn't feel a thing! I am only feeling the occasional poke every day or two right now

My ultrasound is next week, and we'd like to find out the sex of the baby! I am excited about picking the name. I feel like having a name and knowing more about the baby in general will help me bond. Right now I am having trouble really believing I'm pregnant with a growing, healthy baby!

Ultrasound is on Wednesday, OB appointment is Thursday. The countdown is on! I don't think the ultrasound tech will tell us the sex, so I'm excited the OB appointment is the next day.

So, I just got a call from my doctor's office. Apparently I have failed the 1hour glucose test. It was at 135 at the one hour draw.
*SIGH*
Diabetes runs heavily in my family, so I pretty much SoL when it comes to pregnancy as far as GD is considered, I guess. Sucks really. But such is life, I will have to go do the 3 hour next.

Ultrasound is on Wednesday, OB appointment is Thursday. The countdown is on! I don't think the ultrasound tech will tell us the sex, so I'm excited the OB appointment is the next day.

Why won't the ultrasound tech tell you the gender? That's definitly in their job description!

Beth, that sucks! Fingers crossed you pass the second test.

The rules.are different in Canada, where i live you can't find out at all but you can request to go to a nearby city to find out and even then the tech will only tell you after 20 weeks and if they feel comfortable with it otherwise they send the report to your Dr and they will tell you. Apparently there is a big problem with people terminating based on gender here :/

Well that seems a bit redicuous. Honestly I would trust a gender prediction more from a trained sonographer who probably sees hundreds of scans every month, as opposed to a doc who only sees a handfull (and doesn't have the benefit of a live view). And while pregnancy termination due to gender is vile and a very real problem, it's hard to image it being worse in Canada than anywhere else in the western developed world.

I'm not Canada bashing. I love Canada! :flower:

P.s. Luna, your avatar pic is hilarious and adorable.

My understanding is that it had nothing to do with sex selective abortions, it had wholey to do with liability of a technician giving medical results to the patient without doctor oversight - such as telling the sex and it being wrong, or saying something was or wasn't wrong with the baby, but being wrong.

The ultrasounds are taken by a technician, then they go to the head doctor/technician who writes up a report, then that is what is sent to your doctor or obstetrician. So it makes sense - lots of levels of professional eyes, so less possible missed medical issues or mistakes.

So I don't mind... that much. Haha!

My understanding is that it had nothing to do with sex selective abortions, it had wholey to do with liability of a technician giving medical results to the patient without doctor oversight - such as telling the sex and it being wrong, or saying something was or wasn't wrong with the baby, but being wrong.

The ultrasounds are taken by a technician, then they go to the head doctor/technician who writes up a report, then that is what is sent to your doctor or obstetrician. So it makes sense - lots of levels of professional eyes, so less possible missed medical issues or mistakes.

So I don't mind... that much. Haha!
that's my understanding also.:thumbup::shrug:

Yeah that makes sense! I know the place I am having my scans done the tech will tell tell after 20 weeks if they are 100% sure but it's a really fancy place so maybe only have really experienced techs doing it or something :shrug:

I am trying to find an article I read a few years ago that sums up the issue nicely. Parents found out at an ultrasound they were having a girl. They spent a crap ton of money on making a pink nursery and buying pink clothes and going pink crazy. Then they had their baby.. a boy! So they sued everyone for damages.

Idea just makes me sick, honestly.

I couldn't find that article, but here is one about a hospital that wouldn't reveal babies sex at all - and the reasons techs can't now are exactly the same!
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2004/jun/15/health.healthandwellbeing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->