December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Apparently there are some hospitals in London that won't tell because of some cultures' preference for a boy and selective abortion issues. But yeah, a friend of mine was told girl and then out popped Freddie!
Thats why I was so glad that with mine she showed us her girl bits, rather than just saying "no penis" Must be a girl!" Which is apparently what some techs do here
I don't think I would ever sue for wrong gender selection. I would maybe write a complaint and request them to be more careful, but as long as I still had my baby it wouldn't be too big a deal. Just something else to get used to

Anatomy scan in less than half an hour... I don't think I slept more than an hour in total last night!

Glad you scan went well just play! Grats on your pink bump!

My scan went well too, had a bit of messing about to get a few of the measurements as babies head was very low. Positioning and head being low made it difficult for the sonographer to get a good picture for us but she persevered and I think she did well. :)

20 weeks.jpg

Hi ladies, congratulations on all the healthy scans. Can you add me to the pile for a girl please?

Hi Keebs! Yay for more girls! Also I think I mentioned this at another place on the forum to you but we call my daughter Keebs and it's so funny to call someone else that!

So happy to see the great scans! My anatomy scan is on the 28th so only like a week and a half left... nervous/excited! I can't wait to see if Ruadhan is still a boy haha! And I need to know if he's healthy because it's driving me crazy. I have worked myself into a frenzy over his 15 week pictures, I'm half-convinced there's something horribly wrong with his brain because it looks weird to me even though I am in no way qualified to read a scan. Gotta love extreme anxiety.

Also my hip pain has begun. I thought it started a few weeks ago but it died down, and it's just begun in the last week or so. I feel slightly hopeful it won't be as awful this time because by 19 weeks with my daughter it was pretty much debilitating. As of right now it's mild, mostly only hurts at night in bed and in the morning when I first get up. Unfortunately though I have a new pelvic-pain-problem to deal with this time, it's apparently related to SPD? It basically feels like I got kicked in the crotch. My pubic bone feels bruised 24/7 and sometimes it hurts so bad it feels like it's splitting apart. It's a shitty feeling but it doesn't really impede movement the way my hips do so that's good?

I'm starting a new job in about a week. Everyone pressured me to only do part time so I don't overwork my body since it's in a warehouse and i'll be working 10 hour shifts and walking 10-15 miles a day. So I'll only be working 2 days technically but I'm gonna sneak in an overtime day in the middle of the week to make it 3 days. And hopefully that means we won't have to pay for daycare!

I can't believe how far along we all are now. Almost 20 weeks with some of us already at or past it! We're basically halfway done. How insane is that?

Also I just wanted to share this picture of my daughter with you guys for no real reason. She found a little hipster hat and was wearing it around the house. And I'm obsessed with the little freckle under her bottom lip. Ugh she melts my heart. :cloud9:

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 18
TMI Warning !!!

Just looked at my nipples are there is dried yellow stuff right in the middle of my nipples. Is this me leaking colostrum ? It's not a lot just dried on there. I'm only 17 weeks, this is my first !

I had this in the second trimester of my second pregnancy and I'm afraid to say that it's never gone away! It's totally normal though. I was told by a doctor that it can happen to women who have never been pregnant!

Knees, your daughter is a doll!!! Those little cheeks, you want to just smush them :-D

Thanks, everyone! Do you mind if I share a couple pictures? I'm so in love with our little girl!

Attachments

• IMAG0199.jpg
    IMAG0199.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 15
Lots of hospitals all over the UK don't tell gender. Mine being one!! A lot of London hospitals is due to religions aborting females, but the rest of the places dotted all over UK is mostly due to being sued for getting it wrong in the past! I had to go private to find out but luckily babybond have the cheaper option now so it's more affordable!

I'll be having an elective section, does anyone know when I'll get the date for that?

Pink bumps are catching up with blue!!
My 20 week scan is 27th and it's the first scan my daughter will be coming too so that is a bit exciting! Excited for her to see.

I started getting colostrum leaks bout 20 weeks last time, it continued till the end but I didn't get any milk! It looks like I'll be needing breast pads again soon/halfway mark this time too!! 😂

Knees - your daughter is so adorable !!!! Her big eyes !!!

JustPlay - awww what lovely scan pictures ! Love the one of her covering her face, how sweet !

My gender scan is in less than 13 hours ! So excited, don't think I'm going to sleep tonight ! Majority of people are guessing :blue: but I guess we'll see soon !

Knees, Caoimhe is so adorable! She looks like quite the character!

Thanks for letting me show her off guys :haha:

Justplay, her little profile is so cute and distinct! Eek! My kids don't ever give good profile shots apparently :dohh:

Teddy I can't wait to find out. I vote pink just because I want the girls to keep catching up hahaha

RANT WARNING

I'm pretty annoyed with my midwife (and annoyed at myself for blindly following her advice). I saw her yesterday and told her I have been feeling faint and she said I have low blood pressure suggested I drink Lucozade because "it's high in sugar and isotonic so drink it when you feel dizzy or faint" (for people not in UK, it's a carbonated glucose drink) so yesterday after seeing her I felt faint and I kept sipping on it everytime I felt dizzy and I just started feeling worse and worse (I went through 1.5 litres in total of which ~25% is pure glucose).

Eventually I googled it and.....turns out not only does it contain a lot of caffeine but also only the sports versions (non-carbonated) are isotonic. So I put in so much caffeine and sugar into my body and all it did was make me worse (I actually vomited last night and again this morning because it has made me feel so bad and I am shaky).

I know I should have googled it myself and it's usually something I do as I have a medical background but it sounded like a quick fix and I figured "oh well she's trained and has probably had 100's of women with the same problem before" but now I am really annoyed. It is 5:30am here and I am awake because I was jittering and shaking and have just vomited. I am now drinking loads of water to try and clear my system of all the nasties.

That's not the only thing that annoyed me, she also checked my urine and said "oh you have protein and white blood cells in your urine, might be an infection and if it travels up into your kidneys you'll be in hospital with IV antibiotics" now thank god I do have medical knowledge because if I didn't that would scare he bee-hesus out of me !!! Also she didn't even weigh me (this was meant to be my 16 weeks appt but she's only in every other Friday so I was almost 18 weeks) or ask if I had any questions.

Also I feel like with the way I've been feeling my iron levels should be checked (she looked at the results from my blood test 10 weeks ago and said they were fine.....but that was 10 weeks ago and my appetite is pretty shoddy atm and I can't keep down my prenatals). Especially considering I am vegetarian.

I later on realized I forgot to ask about my MatB1 which has to be in to inform my employer of impending maternity leave by the time I am 25 weeks. I phoned the GP surgery and they got her to text me and she said "I can't sign it until you are 20+ weeks" and I don't see the midwife again until I am almost 27 weeks and not her again until I am 29 weeks because at my next visit she is at her cousins wedding. After some moaning she said she would post it to me and forward date it so I can hand it in to work.

My fiance was with me for the visit and last night I mentioned it to him and said I felt really rushed and he said he felt that way too but wasn't sure if that is how it normally is supposed to be. I don't think it is, this is my first baby, I have major concerns and questions, isn't the point of a midwife to help me with that ?

RANT OVER

Anyway ---- less than 6 hours until we find out if sprout is :blue: or :pink: !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->