December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Poco: Glad your scan went well, but sorry it felt rushed. They didn't do a transvaginal at my scan today and didn't mention cervical length either.

Also, they didn't do a transvaginal to check my cervix. Is that normal? Did the doctors check your cervical length at your 20 week scan? I was a little worried because at my last scan my cervix was 3.5 cm, which I know is normal, but it had started as 4, so it got shorter. I just wish they had checked it :(

I was offered a tranvaginal to check cervix length, but I declined it. I was not expecting it at all though. It wasn't offered last time I was pregnant. Sux that your scan was so rushed, and I really can't believe you didn't get any pics. I would be pissed if I didn't get any pics....even though none of them turned out very good.

:cloud9:I'm getting so excited for our scan! Baby is making very noticeable movements! Hubs was so happy to be able to feel it. I am super geeked out. I just hope my glasses arrive in time.

Poco, they checked my cervix length using the abdominal scan. Perhaps they did for you as well and just didn't tell you? Sorry they rushed it and you didn't get any pics!
Luna, I was re-reading posts and I believe Shezza84uk is having twin boys! I saw in another thread that MyFavSurprise is also having a boy (I'm a little obsessed with keeping a count, lol). I'm kinda fascinated by the boy:girl ratio of the December babies!

Congrats Ameli on your baby boy!

Poco, they did check cervix during abdominal. I think they do it always and never mention it in scan report unless they find it abnormal. I asked them specifically why is it missing in report and they said it was all fine and was 4cm. I wanted to know because I has a slightly dilated cervix last time.

Tbh my cervix length seems to fluctuate a lot. Sometimes when OH and I have dtd, I have checked afterwards when we had to stop because it was so painful as I was paranoid I was bleeding or something and my cervix was very long and low. Next time all was perfectly fine and I checked out of curiosity and cervix couldn't be felt at all. Next time I was too sore again from cervix being so long and low! I have never had cervical length checked in any pregnancy. Only dilation when having contractions.

Thanks so much everyone, I will have to assume they checked my cervical length and all is well. She probably did do it and just not mention it, because it was fine. She was going so fast, she didn't mention much. I hope it is ok anyway! I know it can fluctuate so I'm guessing it was just an off week when they checked last time. I think at my next scan in a month from now I will just be more vigilant and ask for pics and about my cervical length. Thanks again for all your answers :)

I had my scan and everything looks good! I have to have another scan in two weeks though as they couldn't get a good view of the spine due to baby being awkward. I'm really excited to have another chance to see baby again. :)

It's a good job that we decided to stay team yellow. The sonographer said that baby had its legs close together the entire time, almost as if baby didn't want us to know!

Just got out of my 20 week scan.
we're having a girl!!!!

Yeay I won the bet with my oh. So no graphed showed us the view from the bottom and there was no bits there, poor girl covered her face she was ashamedof us looking lol :)

I'm so happy for everyone's good scans and boy/girl discoveries! Our scan is on Monday, and I'm getting really excited! We're still waiting another 3 weeks until our gender reveal party to find out what we're having, but we both have Monday off work and it will be nice to have some time to do "us" things and then see our little one.

Aw that sounds lovely blinker! I bet the party will be really exciting for you.

Our scan is 2 weeks today, I'm debating telling people or saying that we don't know and letting them all find out when baby is born as my mum doesn't want to know anyway so it would be easier.

X

Congrats to everyone that has had scans!

My OH felt a kick from the outside for the first time before :)

Apparently I have an anterior placenta again. I'm really surprised that I started feeling movement from about 16 weeks although I'm starting to think I was just imagining things at that point!

Willow, I started feeling at 14 weeks and I have anterior. Does not always mean it is blocking where the baby is kicking. :) Mine it a quite high anterior so I get absolutely loads of strong movement low down and out to the sides, just when the movement is higher up I just get squirms and rolls and not nearly as often as I feel the very low kicks.

Getting stronger movements today :) baby's wriggling away and can see the movements when I lie down and watch my belly but not quite strong enough for OH or DS to feel it yet xx

Congrats 2ndtimeabz on your little girl! Don't know why do they often hide their face... Many of us had that experience... So sweet!

Anyone has united healthcare insurance? I am new in country and don't know how insurance works especially for c-session. Anyone knows if they will consider a pre scheduled c-session as a elective one and insurance benefits/cover will be affected?

I am reluctant to check with them as they might think/note that I am electing to have it. The fact is I had a last moment c-session in another country for my first delivery. Was full term. But the labour did not progress despite of waiting for 2 days.

I want my consulting ob to do the c-session if I am destined to have one. It means scheduling it in advance for 40th week and wait to see if labour works.

Any suggestions?

I'm starting to be able to see my belly move! So exciting! My husband doesn't give a damn though, it's sad :( I lay in bed with my shirt up staring at my belly and messing with it to see if I feel him move whenever we lay down to watch tv or movies or whatever, and he gets so annoyed with it. And last night the baby was moving more than he ever has and my belly was moving all over the place and I asked him to look and if he wanted to feel and he flipped out and was like "No, I don't give a shit right now, it's so fucking annoying how obsessive you are." And I'm like ummm yes I am pretty obsessed with the baby growing inside of me that I can feel and see moving around? It's kind of awesome? He just doesn't care at all. I know he will when the baby is born but I wish he gave a tiny bit of a shit right now you know? It makes me feel self conscious and stupid for even caring about being pregnant.

Indian Maa, I'm like 99% sure I have united healthcare, I get it through my state so idk if it's the same thing you have? I've had really good experiences with it so far. Everything pregnancy-related is covered by my insurance here in TN. I'm not sure if it works the same way. Are you getting it through the state too? If your doctor was willing to schedule a c-section, which doctors are really eager to do here it seems, I don't see why it wouldn't be covered. I would go through your doctor before the company. If your doctor deems it necessary they should too. This is just my speculation though I'm not 100% sure about anything.

Indian Maa perhaps it's a protective reflex from having the sonographer leaning and baby feeling squished? Was cute anyways, she also had 1 leg stretched out and one tucked up behind her bum. Strange girl! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->