December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Poco, they checked my cervix length using the abdominal scan. Perhaps they did for you as well and just didn't tell you? Sorry they rushed it and you didn't get any pics!
Luna, I was re-reading posts and I believe Shezza84uk is having twin boys! I saw in another thread that MyFavSurprise is also having a boy (I'm a little obsessed with keeping a count, lol). I'm kinda fascinated by the boy:girl ratio of the December babies!

Well spotted @justplay

However I had my 20 week scan on Thursday and they've now said they are boy/girl twins lol

I have to go for a rescan next week because they only booked us a single slot and we needed a double everything overall is great with both babies, they are top and tail which made it difficult to check the spine on twin 1. My scan at 17 weeks was with baby bond, she didn't seem sure if it was cord or boy and settled on boy/boy I wasn't convinced really so good thing I had no preference, my daughter is happy now she gets the sister she's always wanted lol

I'm silently following, pleased everyone's scan are going well xx

Willow, I started feeling at 14 weeks and I have anterior. Does not always mean it is blocking where the baby is kicking. :) Mine it a quite high anterior so I get absolutely loads of strong movement low down and out to the sides, just when the movement is higher up I just get squirms and rolls and not nearly as often as I feel the very low kicks.

Ah, that makes sense. I feel most of the movements low down and to the sides as well, not so much at the top. Now I know why!

Indian Maa, though I don't have United Health, I imagine most health insurance companies would handle Csection coverage in a similar manner. And I would IMAGINE that the c-section would need to be justified by a medical reason. But because you have already had a Csection with your last pregnancy, and repeat Csections is the norm (meaning VBAC is comparatively rare, and some docs advise against it as a general rule), I feel very confident that your c-section will NOT be considered elective, and WILL be covered by your insurance at the normal insurance rate governed by your policy.

Also, if you call your insurance, they can advise you on this. They must answer any questions you have regarding what is covered by your policy. You can ask how they determine between elective and non-elective Csections ( though I'm sure the doctor decides this), and simply asking this will not cause them to suspect you are having an elective c-section.

Speaking of the evils of US Health insurance (maybe we weren't talking about that, but i was thinking it...) I just got a $600 dollar bill for the genetic testing my doctor and genetic counselor recommended I get. I was told by them that my insurance would cover it, and its a company they "contact with",and that it would be "about $200". What A bunch of BS. The company is NOT in network, so I have to meet a huge separate deductible. It's all so so stupid.

Congrast shezza!

thank you elma and knees.

I finally called up insurance and they said c-sessions are covered but doctor has to document the reason and get a pre-authorization. I also spoke to my doctor from India who did c-session before. He says a repeat only is advisable for me as baby did not even engage his head last time after almost 2 days of labour. The labour did not progress as well.Going to meet my OB in the coming weeks. Hoping to have this sorted out soon

So happy for everyone getting there scans ! Lovely news , can't believe how much my pregnancy is flying we have ours now on Thursday and we are so excited especially as the baby is getting stronger , my OH and LO can now feel the kicks ! It's the most amazing feeling ever x

Shezza, boy/girl twins would be perfect!

I don't remember feeling such strong kicks and rolls with my son this early... Hmm...

Congrats on all the fab scans, feeling movement and gender reveals! So exciting! Second tri is so much more exciting than the first :haha:

Speaking of the evils of US Health insurance (maybe we weren't talking about that, but i was thinking it...) I just got a $600 dollar bill for the genetic testing my doctor and genetic counselor recommended I get. I was told by them that my insurance would cover it, and its a company they "contact with",and that it would be "about $200". What A bunch of BS. The company is NOT in network, so I have to meet a huge separate deductible. It's all so so stupid.

I got a dollar2000 bill for my 12th week scan and all those blood screening for HIV, UTI, syphilis, Hemoglobin and those n number of routine tests... It was ridiculous.. My insurance helped hospital to re-submit the claim thrice because my hospital was so irresponsible applying wrong codes each time... this hospital handles 12000 births a year as I read.. the biggest one in Pittsburgh...I don't think they don't know how to bill a normal pregnancy... My doctor says the lab messed up the codes...billing section blames insurance company... It was a lot of stress... I think I will end up paying all.... but I have decided to change hospital - which is similar kind of birth volume but more patient friendly as reviews says... the new OB is better rated than my old... Hoping for the best!
This countrys medical system is very bad, no doubt... Oh, I want to run away!

Hi IndianMaa, I also have united healthcare and I struggled with the billing departments at my old doctor's office. My one doctor went out of network during the middle of my treatments, so I always receive an initial bill which is wrong and then have to call and wait for them correct it. It is extremely frustrating. I would encourage you to not pay the bill and make them correct the mistake. The US medical system is horribly abusive to consumers, but you should NOT have to pay full price for testing and scans while pregnant, really. Good luck!

Wow dealing with insurance companies for pregnancy sounds like a huge pain!

I could actually see my belly moving today, baby loves to hang out on my left side. Pretty crazy since I didn't feel any movement at all until 19 weeks with Devyn :wacko:

I have United Healthcare and they were wonderful with my daughter. I never paid a dime for her. With this one however I am a little more concerned. Looking over my quarterly statement they sent it looks like I could be seeing a $3200 Bill for my DNA test. (They covered nearly $8000 of the original charges.) When the test was originally ordered the nurse told me to call the company that does the test and complain if I get a big bill. Hopefully they will adjust the amount owed, because I really can't pay that much out of pocket.

i'm terrified to deal with insurance on (hopefully future) kiddo number two as this baby is 100% covered by tri-care (military health insurance provider) and i don't get bills or even see how much anything costs.:shock: granted they give bare bones care and frustrate me all the time, so i guess sometimes you get what you pay for!:wacko:

Hi IndianMaa, I also have united healthcare and I struggled with the billing departments at my old doctor's office. My one doctor went out of network during the middle of my treatments, so I always receive an initial bill which is wrong and then have to call and wait for them correct it. It is extremely frustrating. I would encourage you to not pay the bill and make them correct the mistake. The US medical system is horribly abusive to consumers, but you should NOT have to pay full price for testing and scans while pregnant, really. Good luck!

Hospital resubmitted it thrice with wrong codes again as the insurance explained. Now the hospital might send it for collection, if I don't pay. We cant take the risk of getting a bad credit history, as we are new in the country and trying to build a good score. My husband asked me not to follow it up - and just pay - because he saw me getting stressed over it. I am sad that its not the insurance company which is causing trouble. Its the hospital and they just don't care.

Scan today was great! Got to see all of baby's little body parts, and everything appeared to be just fine. Heart rate was 144 bpm, and weight is approximately 9 ounces. Got a sealed envelope with baby's sex written inside, which I'm going to quickly mail off to my friend who is helping with our gender reveal party. 20 more days until we will find out!

https://i57.tinypic.com/rj01m1.jpg

Yay for another healthy baby! :happydance:

Guys I am so nervous. Less than twelve hours until my 20 week scan. I just want him to be healthy. Ughhhhhhh. Also I'm dying to find out if he turned into a girl. I'm also excited though because my daughter is coming and I think she kindof? gets the idea of a baby in my belly because if you say "the baby" she will point to my belly and be like "the baby in the belly!" and she can definitely tell ultrasound pics are of a baby and stuff. And my mom is coming and I'm so excited to share that with her. I just hope everything goes ok. I can feel him moving but my big fear is a horrible health problem or that I'm feeling phantom kicks and he's not even alive. I HATE ANXIETY PROBLEMS.

Blinker, congrats on your healthy baby! Such a nice way to celebrate finding gender! Have fun!

Knees, your scan will be a good one! I feared so much like this and it was all good.. I told my 3 year old that its a baby in my belly and shown him many pictures of pregnant moms and scans...Now he says he has a baby too in his belly :) He's such a sweet dumbo...But he adores small babies... I am sure he will love him!

Blinker, so much willpower! It would have been neat to do something like that, but I just had to know right away!
Knees, I'm sure everything will go wonderfully. And I'm sure he's still a little boy!

Blinker, you have a LOT of willpower!! I would've definitely opened the envelope LOL

Good luck with your scan Knees! I'm praying your baby boy will be perfectly healthy :)

I had a scare yesterday as i started leaking Saturday night and like an idiot, waited until my appointment with my doctor yesterday to say anything so I got yelled at for not considering the fact that it could be amniotic fluid :(
Thankfully it wasn't though! After hours in the labor unit, they checked baby's fluid level and it was at 14.7 which seemed to be good so I got to go home. They also found out baby's turned breech but still some time for him to turn so my doc's not too worried.

Talk about a crazy Monday!!!!

Hello :) I know getting swollen hands and feet is normal. But has anyone else had the opposite? Had to take my rings off today as they were sliding off and don't want to lose them....weird!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->