December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

You guys, we are almost in the third trimester... Not even 2 more weeks for me!

You guys, we are almost in the third trimester... Not even 2 more weeks for me!

Crazy! I count third tri as starting from 27 weeks so I'm there in three days!

Is anyone starting to think about the birth? I've started to worry about it as it draws closer as I had a third degree tear with my first and really really don't want it to happen again. DS was also 8lb 1 and five days early and given that I look massive already, I really don't want to push a 10 pounder out of me!

Try not to worry too much willow, they do say that you only produce a baby that your body can naturally birth. Not sure in the truth in this but it's a nice thought.

I'm trying to stay relaxed as I know it helps labour to progress so I'm taking it as it comes. I'm keeping everything crossed for regular contractions so I can go to the birthing centre, with my first LO I had contractions between 1 and 3 minutes from 2cm so I really struggled. I had a first degree tear so I can't imagine how bad a 3rd degree was for you.

Fingers crossed for a more straight forward birth for you

X

Willow - I ahve already started worrying about birth. My doula has me reading a couple childbirth books. The birth of my daughter (nearly 17 months ago) was pretty traumatic. So I have been thinking and worrying about it for some time.

In fact I started a thread about it in the home/natural birth forum a few days ago.. Which I am getting great support out of. And also have my doula.

So yes, I am already thinking and worrying about birth already.

Even for you late December ladies, not even a month left in second tri! It'll be here before you know it!

Is it too late for me to join???? Currently 30 and 24 plus 6 with my first little girl. Edd is December 17 or 18. Can't wait to finally meet her....

Welcome, cutestuff!!

I'm also worried about the birth but trying not to think about it too much yet. The last time I did this I was barely 16 years old, induced for preeclampsia, shipped off to a different hospital than the one I had planned to deliver at, and had an episiotomy without any say so. Needless to say, it wasn't the ideal experience, and handing over my son to his adoptive parents after the whole thing didn't make it any better.

However, I figure that if I could do all of that then, surely at 29 I can take on whatever comes my way. I'm just hoping that this birth is much, much different. We're signed up for several classes at the hospital started next month, and I'm looking forward to those!

I'm worrying about the birth, too. Mostly I'm concerned about being away from my little boy for 2-3 days. The idea of it makes me want to cry :cry:. I'm also scared because I had a 2nd degree tear and also an emergency bleed after birth that required a blood transfusion. My doc knows it was traumatizing and has offered to do a c-section instead, but I've opted to do the vaginal birth again. I hope everything goes great for all of us!

Interestingly, after all my anxiety throughout pregnancy so far, I'm feeling really calm now (have been pretty much since I hit 24 weeks - knock on wood, hoping this feeling continues!). Going through my first draft birth plan with my OB REALLY helped me feel a lot less anxiety about the birth itself. As my husband said, in the end, it is only one day, and you end up with your baby and have the rest of your lives together. So I am actually starting to really look forward to everything to come!

Glad I have three months (more or less) to prepare. Starting to think about when to take maternity leave and all that stuff. Hoping to get my house in order sooner rather than later!

Is it too late for me to join???? Currently 30 and 24 plus 6 with my first little girl. Edd is December 17 or 18. Can't wait to finally meet her....

Never too late! Hello! You have any other children?

Just play, I never know wether to go off 27 or 28 weeks as 3rd tri as everywhere seems to say different. Either way it's 2 days or 9 days to go lol! Just cannot wait for my next scan. Will be at 28+3. See if I am having another tiny one or not.

Hi cutestuff! :flower: I hope you're having a smooth pregnancy so far.

I can't believing I'm almost 28 weeks and I feel SO big. I also can't believe I've gained nearly 20lbs already:dohh:. I'm not really overly worried about the birth, but I find myself thinking about it more and more as the weeks go by. and I really have SO much to do between now and then, and that definitely stresses me out.

Twinmum, I never know either. I've read everything from 26 weeks-29 weeks. Who knows?! I'm going to officially consider it 28 weeks for me. That when I have my next scan, too! Just a fun 3d one for me.

Hi and thank you for the welcome. This is our first baby but have some issues have come up. I have gained 19 pounds so far which sucks and I have elevated blood pressure so I have to get tested for preeclampsia and she has some cysts loosely linked to t18. Getting a follow up ultrasound in about a month so all I can do is wait. I am trying to take each month as it comes with these issues and not focus on what will happen in a couple months from now. Just want to be done already so I can meet her and know she is safe and healthy....

Welcome! :)

I am weird I'm so looking forward to giving birth :haha: we had a very negative hospital experience last.time so are.planning a home birth and at this point it is a go as long as I get to 37 weeks :) my first labour was very fast so expecting a really quick one again just hope I have time to get the pool set up and.for hubby to.get home if he is at work!

welcome cute stuff and hi everyone! hope all are doing fine..

not very regular here.. had too many ppl visiting us.. guess its all over now..sigh!!

very tired with real bad PGP and breathing problems..i just feel the baby is pressing my lungs! I just managed to put on 5 pounds and at times I worry if the baby is big enough and if theres enough water...no scans after 20th week..

Welcome Cutestuff!
My due date is 17th December with a pink bump too :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"