December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Hi and thank you for the welcome. This is our first baby but have some issues have come up. I have gained 19 pounds so far which sucks and I have elevated blood pressure so I have to get tested for preeclampsia and she has some cysts loosely linked to t18. Getting a follow up ultrasound in about a month so all I can do is wait. I am trying to take each month as it comes with these issues and not focus on what will happen in a couple months from now. Just want to be done already so I can meet her and know she is safe and healthy....

I hope what ever is discovered is the best case scenario. Do they have you on BP meds to keep it under control and try to prevent Pre-eclamsia?

Welcome! :)

I am weird I'm so looking forward to giving birth :haha: we had a very negative hospital experience last.time so are.planning a home birth and at this point it is a go as long as I get to 37 weeks :) my first labour was very fast so expecting a really quick one again just hope I have time to get the pool set up and.for hubby to.get home if he is at work!

Not weird. I am looking forward to it too. I am kinda scared of tearing but there is nothing I can do so trying to push it out of my mind as it is beyond my control. My worst fears of birthing are that the Dr's and MW's will mither me. I cannot be accepted into a MLU and do not want to do a home birth even thou it sound brilliant because of the combination of it being my first vaginal birth and a vbac. Really do not want to be on the labour ward thou. After everything that happened last time I just want so desperately to actually see and hold my baby after its born and take it home with me.

welcome cute stuff and hi everyone! hope all are doing fine..

not very regular here.. had too many ppl visiting us.. guess its all over now..sigh!!

very tired with real bad PGP and breathing problems..i just feel the baby is pressing my lungs! I just managed to put on 5 pounds and at times I worry if the baby is big enough and if theres enough water...no scans after 20th week..

Honestly I wouldn't worry too much about weight gain. I had put on 9lb with twins at 28 weeks and Dr's were never concerned. I have put more on this time and I don't know why. Eating better than I did last time lol! I only get extra scans because of DD being born on the 6th percentile plus they will check fluid as DS had dangerously low fluid to the point I was lucky he was born able to breathe. I wouldn't want to go the whole last 20 weeks without a scan it seems so long! Not nice when finding it hard to breath. Hope they can find something to help with your PGP. Will it clear off straight after the birth or will it take a little while?

I'm not thinking too much about birth to be honest. I'm just seeing it as a means to an end. Something we have to go through to get our little ones - and they will be so worth it!

I have to admit though, that calmness has only come on since changing hospitals. When we were booked at the old hospital, it was all I thought about!

Right now I am taking comfort in knowing she is active and other than the cysts has a normal scan so they tell me there is a 99 percent chance she is fine. The ultrasound is just to make sure she is still all good. No meds yet but no symptoms of preeclampsia either other than high blood pressure so not sure how worried I am about that. Hopefully its all good. Worse case scenario is increased monitoring until I can deliver with a higher chance of c section or induction which is fine by me...as long as she hangs in there 10 more weeks I can deal with that. Just praying and focusing on the positive right now.....how is everyone else????

I have been tested for things that increase my risk of PE (because I developed it - or a very similar thing - when Nathan was 3 days old) and I've come back as low risk so I'm taking the 75mg aspirin they recommended and hopefully that will be enough.

They might want to monitor you a bit more - yesterday's scan for me was a growth scan for her and checking everything was tickety boo with the blood flow in both my uterus and the cord - and we were all good so yay :)

So I shall hope eveyrhting is the same for you :hugs:

Hi fliss. That would be great. I never thought about all these stupid complications and am finding myself thinking about the worst case scenario but that is not helping. Getting out of town for a couple days this weekend so hopefully that helps...

I definitely recommend reading Ina May's guide to childbirth for anyone feeling worried (or even if you're not!) I didn't read it the first time because my plan was to get ALL THE DRUGS but I ended up being all natural with the exception of a panicking Dr right at the end :| it's really amazing what your body just knows how to do. She talks a lot about how state of mind makes a huge difference in how fast you dilate and how much everything can stretch without tearing, :)

I definitely recommend reading Ina May's guide to childbirth for anyone feeling worried (or even if you're not!) I didn't read it the first time because my plan was to get ALL THE DRUGS but I ended up being all natural with the exception of a panicking Dr right at the end :| it's really amazing what your body just knows how to do. She talks a lot about how state of mind makes a huge difference in how fast you dilate and how much everything can stretch without tearing, :)

Ooh, I think I might buy this! I took 19 hours of regular contractions just to dilate to 2cm. I'm not sure my state of mind was very good ;)

Grrr, baby is not very active today. Move little dude!

Ooh, I think I might buy this! I took 19 hours of regular contractions just to dilate to 2cm. I'm not sure my state of mind was very good ;)

I didn't realize I was actually in labour until I suddenly felt the need to push, I thought itwas just early labour so I spent the entire time just relaxing :haha:

Your birth sounds like my idea of heaven Luna!

Well it's v-day for me today and I've celebrated with Oreos and a bump picture :blush:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 10
Lol Kate! What you like! ;) wish I had a reason to go get Oreos lol! Yay on reaching vday! :)

They were peanut butter ones as well...I enjoyed everyone I ate lol

X

Is anyone getting stuff ready yet? I know it's still really early, but I feel like I need to start preparing already. The only things I've really done are sorted the clothes (but not washed them yet) and washed the newborn sized cloth diapers. There isn't really much we need to do, other than set up her bassinet in the bedroom and bring out the bouncer and swing. I feel so impatient!

Is anyone getting stuff ready yet? I know it's still really early, but I feel like I need to start preparing already. The only things I've really done are sorted the clothes (but not washed them yet) and washed the newborn sized cloth diapers. There isn't really much we need to do, other than set up her bassinet in the bedroom and bring out the bouncer and swing. I feel so impatient!

This is exactly how I feel right now!. I just want everything done now lol. Feel kind of in limbo .. waiting game already.lol. Hopefully christmas shopping will make it go quicker. Seen a few christmas bits in the shops yesterday!

I need to make a list of stuff that I still need, won't be anything too big like furniture but all the little bits that I need to get add up. I keep thinking we don't need too much more but I need all the bits for myself and hospital bag etc. Need to start picking up the likes of nappies and that in the weekly grocery shopping too.

Got appointment through today for growth scan for Tuesday afternoon, looking forward to seeing little man again :cloud9:

Happy Friday everyone! :flower:

I've not done a single thing so far! I really need to get going otherwise this baby will have nowhere to sleep. We need to get a Moses basket, crib for upstairs and a sling as well as smaller items like bottles etc. I want to breastfeed but this time I'm not going to just assume it will happen and want to be more prepared. The baby clothes are stored at my parents so they will be washing them all and bringing them up in October.

I really don't know what to do about the bouncer, we were a bit silly and put it in the cellar where it got mould on it. I washed it and it looks clean apart from the head rest which I've chucked but I'm not sure whether it will be ok to use.

Hi everyone! Not been on in ages have had a busy summer working & a trip away then a holiday! Now back at work and time is going fast!

I am nearly done nursery wise, the cotbed, mattress, crib mattress and other bits came this week, waiting on changebag and car seat, have the base and have painted the room, built the drawers and shelves and the blind is up! So really just need to get nappies wipes and that sort of thing then pack hospital bags!

Have to be super organised as I have my OH bday, his sons, my daughters, and Xmas all within 6 weeks ASWELL as the new baby!

Hope everyone's well!

Yay! Congrats Laura!

Congrats to K8te too :)

Glad to read that everyone is enjoying some v-day sweets!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->