December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Congrats to all the V-Day ladies! So exciting :)

Knees - That is a great pic!!! He's adorable :)

I had a cute pregnancy moment yesterday. I had the edge of my laptop resting high on my belly, and the baby started kicking at it. He must have liked feeling the resistance because he kept kicking until he almost pushed it right off my belly. Sooooo fun :-D

I do that with my iPad Poco. If I'm laid down and lay it on my belly he kicks away for ages.

It's so cute isn't it

X

Cute picture knees!

Poco an K8te, I do that as well.. especially when he's too lazy and not moving...but then I don't keep it for long thinking it might trouble him. Another trick is to lay on your stomach for just 5 sec.. the lazy bum moves!!

K8te - it is the cutest thing :)

IndianMa, I'll have to try laying on my stomach, I think its been months since I've laid on my stomach!

I did not know we celebrated v day.. I did not know it had another meaning. Coming up on 26 weeks here

I think the celebration is more just the relief that upon reaching 24 weeks, babies survival odds start shooting up and all will be done to try and save the baby.

Just want me scan to be here now to see everything is ok and baby isn't too small or having fluid problems this time. 5 more days to go. Whooping cough jab booked for 28th sept as that was the earliest appointment available the nurses at the surgery are so busy.

Got the call from my doctor's office that I passed my one hour glucose test, and I'm so glad! I've had bouts of really excessive thirst lately, so of course I've been self-diagnosing myself and thinking that I probably have gestational diabetes, but it's a relief to know that I don't!

Got the call from my doctor's office that I passed my one hour glucose test, and I'm so glad! I've had bouts of really excessive thirst lately, so of course I've been self-diagnosing myself and thinking that I probably have gestational diabetes, but it's a relief to know that I don't!

That's great!

I've really struggled today due to horrible groin pain which is shooting down my leg. It hurts to stand, walk, sit, do anything. I'm ridiculously slow walking and look like a lame duck, I'm waddling that much. Not sure if it's SPD or not as its only really triggered when I'm at work. I was fine yesterday. Anyway, I've left work early to go home and polish off my 3 year old's birthday cake :)

Glad your GD test came back negative, blinker. Wish I would get as lucky! I had it with my son and passed my early GD test this pregnancy by only 1 point. So I'm fully expecting to fail next week when I have my follow up test. But oh well, it's not that bad. It just forces me to eat a lot healthier. Lol.

Great news Blinker!

Sorry you seem to be having difficulty Willow.

These past few days when I go to bed and lay on my left side bubs decides it's a fun time to start having a party but if I move on my back he stops but as soon as I go back on my left he starts kicking, I'm thinking it must be the pressure on my left where he's laying.
x

My knee cap popped out of place this afternoon causing me to fall backwards into our laundry basket, knocking that over and onto my bum!!.:wacko: Good iob the basket was there! It seemed to pop straight back in when I straightened my leg. :shrug:

Hurts like hell now . Anyone ever have that happen to them? .

Me!

Used to happen all the time when I was a teenager, hurts like hell, used to happen if I sat down with my leg underneath me but like you said as soon as I straightened it went back into place. It does take your breath though.

Hope you feel better

X

I haven issues with my right knee and that happens to me a lot. Especially lately as I cannot take my strong anti inflamat oriels whilst pregnant.

Found out what all my nerve pain is down to, my curve in my spine has lead to me tilting my pelvis too far forward when I stand which has caused muscle problems in my back and abdomen and the extra weight from the pregnacy being all out front and being pushed forward has caused problems in my sacroiliac joint which has lots of swelling around it and is putting too much pressure on the nerves and causing extreme pain and restriction of movement. Me trying to stand correctly to re train my muscles to work the way they should is causing a hell of a lot of pain as they are not used to it. Just standing up for a few mins makes me feel like I have just spent and hour doing intense abdo work and makes my back ache even more. :( and the physio put a load of this tape over the joint, says it can help ... Looks like I have a gigantic pink flower on my lower back. Need to keep it there for 5 days.

My knee cap popped out of place this afternoon causing me to fall backwards into our laundry basket, knocking that over and onto my bum!!.:wacko: Good iob the basket was there! It seemed to pop straight back in when I straightened my leg. :shrug:

Hurts like hell now . Anyone ever have that happen to them? .

That's scary how you fell down. I get this too. last time when it happened, I put it straight myself by sitting on bed and straightening my leg. I swear, its unexplainably painful. I think pregnancy makes the joints further vulnerable. Need to be super careful even when changing position/sides while sleeping.

ideally it shouldn't hurt much after getting it back in place... may be some nerves or ligaments are injured. Try some heat and cold press and doctor if it isn't better by a day.

That's great!

I've really struggled today due to horrible groin pain which is shooting down my leg. It hurts to stand, walk, sit, do anything. I'm ridiculously slow walking and look like a lame duck, I'm waddling that much. Not sure if it's SPD or not as its only really triggered when I'm at work. I was fine yesterday. Anyway, I've left work early to go home and polish off my 3 year old's birthday cake :)

Hi Willow, that's exactly what I have. When I move around, I get it worse. I had too many visitors last month and I was literally dragging myself around in home to do chores. I was very emotional feeling helpless and kept crying alone. But I could rest a lot since the beginning of September and I am much better. I did not even ask doctor, because I don't like pain killers during pregnancy, it can improve if we take rest and last time I had it ; it just vanished after birth. I think its normal for some of us. slowing down makes sense. Hope you get to rest and feel better soon.

I thought this is something to do with PGP https://www.babycentre.co.uk/a564618/pelvic-girdle-pain-pgp

Knees ur 3d pic is amazing , baby is so cute ! I am dying to see what my wee baby looks like with a 3d but too scared incase they can tell the sex :( lol ! 27 weeks +2 now ! It's scary how much it's flown in & I'm loving feeling baby get stronger weeks by week ! Ladies when wil you start to pack your hospital bag ?? I can't remember when I started packing it with eabha lol x

Stacey, I'll probably pack my hospital bag around 32 weeks. And install the car seat around then too. Of course it will probably make those last 8ish weeks go by even more slowly. But baby could come early...two friends recently had their babies 4+ weeks early, so that possibility is On my mind. Actually last night I dreamt that I was at work and went into labor at 30 weeks. And because of it I missed a work party where there were cupcakes....NOOOOOO!!!!!!

I had Nathan at 5 weeks early and bag was only 3/4 packed. So I'm under orders from DH to have mine DONE by October 1st - he is taking NO chances!

Those of you who have had the GTT already - do they check on the baby at all, or is it just you they look at?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->