December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

the shot is recommended here (on an american military base overseas) for pregnant women, but the mist is NOT given to pregnant women. other than that, getting it is totally a personal choice.

if you do get it, i recommend getting it in your dominant arm. moving your arm after shots is the best way to reduce soreness and you're more likely to move your dominant arm.:thumbup:

That's really good advice - I always opt for getting injections into non dominant arm - but your advice makes total sense!

Oops can't believe I haven't taken one bump pic yet :dohh: here's my almost 32 week bump!

Got flu and whopping cough shots yesterday, one in each arm, which was fine until I realised last night that it hurt to sleep on either one and not supposed to lay flat on back so was a bit of manoeuvring to get comfortable! :haha:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 13
Such a cute bump leann!

Glad you managed to get comfortable! I'm having my whooping cough today, hoping its not too bad.

X

So a bit of a scary day yesterday...braxton hicks got very regular and painful with lots of back ache. After calling the midwife and then the hospital. Spent 4 hours waiting to be seen and then 2 hours in the day assessment unit.
I'd been getting contractions every 5 mins but after some tests and the doctor having a look at my cervix they decided I wasn't going into premature labour thankfully.

Having a very quiet day at home today. Been dealing with some pretty stressful situations recently and having some relationship struggles and I think the stress of it all just got too much.

Just so fed up of feeling so low and nothing working out right :(

thank you jumpingo. thanks for the tip too. going to get it anyways. My son is down with flu and I feel a bit down too.

lovely bumps Leann and K8te. K8te you look well in shape :)

Sorry to hear of the contractions 2ndtimeabz. Sounds scary. Take lots of rest and try to think positive. little prayers for you and family to have a better time in the coming weeks. hugs!

That's a good plan indianmaa at least then you should be protected against it. I have mine booked in for 2 weeks time as had the whooping cough one today. At the minute my arm doesn't ache or anything so fingers crossed it stays that way.

Aw thank you, I'm quite surprised I haven't ballooned yet, thankful I can still see some stomach definition lol

X

Indian Maa, getting the flu shot while pregnant is recommended by the CDC. Not only does it help keep you from getting sick, but it also allows your baby some protection after he or she is born. Plus the single-dose version they give to pregnant women doesn't contain any thimerosal, the mercury compound that worries some people about vaccines.

I feel like this pregnancy is starting to go so slowly! December feels like forever away!

I had a back ache yesterday and felt crappy, and had some of what I think were braxton hicks contractions. But I don't get a really hard stomach or anything (I have enough extra padding, I guess!) so it was hard to tell if that was what was going on.

It would be nice if our bodies would tell us what was happening!

Lovely bump pics ladies.

We're advised here to get the flu jab. I usually have it through work but we're not being offered it this year for some reason so will be having it with my GP surgery instead.

Has anyone packed their hospital bag yet? xx

Lovely bump pics ladies.

We're advised here to get the flu jab. I usually have it through work but we're not being offered it this year for some reason so will be having it with my GP surgery instead.

Has anyone packed their hospital bag yet? xx

Not yet. I'm planning to do it when I go on maternity leave which is three weeks on Friday. Yay! So I'll be about 34/35 weeks when I pack it which should be plenty of time. I'm definitely not going to do what I did last time which was half pack it at 39 weeks and then leave half of it behind when I went into labour at 39+2!

After Mondays scare I'm putting together an emergency bag - some slobby clothes for waiting around in hospital, drinks and snacks, phonecharger, toiletries and a pack of cards.
I had a notebook and pen with me last time and we spent at least an hour playing hangman lol.
Might throw a little blanket in there too but if bubs shows up this early on no clothes are going to fit!

DH wants me to have my bag packed once I hit 30 weeks.

I suspect he has a point!

Ive started to put my hospital bag together just little bits and bobs.

Had my 31 week midwife appointment today. Baby is head down but not engaged which I am happy about as DD was never head down until 38 weeks. Hoping shes not playing with me and stays head down as I know she could move again lol.

My iron levels are very low so have to start taking iron tablets which I am a bit bummed about. Also had my whooping cough and flu jab . Arm is killing now !!

Hope you ladies are doing well ! X

I'm going to do mine in October half-term as I'm off work then, I'll be coming up to 33 weeks xx

I've hardly thought about a hospital bag, but I guess I should at least get a list going! We had our follow up ultrasound on Monday to check on the size of baby's kidneys again since the last appointment showed enlargement of the left one. Thankfully, it looks like the issue has resolved itself and everything appeared normal. Baby is still breech at this time, and I'm hoping he turns soon because I'm so tired of being kicked in the bladder! I've been feeling pretty good overall except for some increased lower back pain, but I started going to the chiropractor last week and that has really been helping. We're all getting so close now!!

thanks everyone for the info on flu shot. I just got mine today. Arm looks ok as of now but I am down with flu like symptoms.

Blinkers, nice to know that babys kidney issue has been resolved on its own.

I am planning to pack my hospital bag soon. So hoping to get these 7 weeks to go fast. C-session date is 23rd Nov at 39 weeks

I put the car seat in the car today!! Need to find someone to check it for me. It seemed really simple though!

I'm going to start a bag right away. At least the 'must have' items, amd I'll print the list so if my husband had to he could grab stuff for me. I was thinking of including copies of important cards, like insurance and health cards. Maybe that is overkill though?

i don't think that's overkill at all! better to have them and not need them.:thumbup:

i have brainstormed for my bag but not put anything together. an actual list is a good idea - that way if i'm in a panic or have to send my husband to get things, it'll be there.

just bought a chicco travel system on clearance at the store! we already have a car seat and jogging stroller so were only thinking about getting a 2nd base for my husband's car, but for about $40 LESS, we were able to just get a whole 'nother carseat/base AND 4 wheel stroller!:shock: my husband basically said, "this is so cheap it'd be stupid NOT to get it!" same brand as our first, so all interchangeable and everything. might install them this weekend!:mrgreen: (wanted to install it but was thinking i was just antsy and it was too early, so i'm glad to see someone else has installed theirs!!:friends:)

(edited because i can't do math!:haha:)

Had my Anti-D yesterday argh it hurt!

Still totally full of heartburn bleugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2