December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Can you usually get liquid form iron supplements over the counter, or do you have to get them from a pharmacist?

I'm not a huge fan of the tablets...

I keep forgetting to take my vitamins as it is! Boo.

I got mine off my GP. If you have your maternity exemption card you wont have to pay if you go your GP.

There was major discrepancy with mine. At my 28-week appointment last week they apparently were 6.5 (which should have had me on the floor) so at an emergency re-test yesterday (which the lab double-tested!) they were just on 11.

That's too much of a jump in 6 days so they believe the first result erroneous but I'm to take the pills, ensure I get re-tested at 34 weeks and am to call DAU if I feel ill at all...

Oh no what alot of messing around!. Mine were 9.9 last Wednesday . Not seeing my midwife until 35 weeks now hopefully test me again and they will be higher.

I have no idea about iron levels and how quickly they go up or down lol. Didnt have this with my last pregnancy! Hopefully we will feel better soon !. X

There was major discrepancy with mine. At my 28-week appointment last week they apparently were 6.5 (which should have had me on the floor) so at an emergency re-test yesterday (which the lab double-tested!) they were just on 11.

That's too much of a jump in 6 days so they believe the first result erroneous but I'm to take the pills, ensure I get re-tested at 34 weeks and am to call DAU if I feel ill at all...

Oh no what alot of messing around!. Mine were 9.9 last Wednesday . Not seeing my midwife until 35 weeks now hopefully test me again and they will be higher.

I have no idea about iron levels and how quickly they go up or down lol. Didnt have this with my last pregnancy! Hopefully we will feel better soon !. X

I'm on iron tablets 3 times a day and have been lucky enough so far that I've not had any side effects. I'm having my bloods done next week and really hoping that my levels have improved. The doctor told me that my levels were 98 when they should be around 110. No idea what that means.

Hope everyone is doing well.

31 week bump photo, taken yesterday :flower: xx

12166885_10207646517990729_545671004_n.jpg

What a great bump pic Rileys.Mammy!! Gorgeous :)

Anyone else feel like their breasts are getting bigger now in third tri? I have had the tenderness return and I feel like I'm not fitting into the bras I've been wearing all along... a little concerned here because if they get any bigger they are going to take over my whole body :haha:

Anyone else feel like their breasts are getting bigger now in third tri? I have had the tenderness return and I feel like I'm not fitting into the bras I've been wearing all along... a little concerned here because if they get any bigger they are going to take over my whole body :haha:

Your baby will be delighted!!

Yes, but I still fit my bras because they were too big! I'd lost weight before getting pregnant, it is working out well, clothing wise, haha.

BUT my left boob is definitely, noticeably (to me, and husband maybe) bigger than my left! I know most boobs are slightly asymmetrical, but I hope they don't get more so! Don't really feel self conscious or anything, it is just another weird body thing of note :)

I'm on iron tablets, too. My MW didn't tell me my levels but when I saw my OB yesterday (we have decided to switch care) he told me they were less than 6! Jeez no wonder I had zero energy!!!

Not any bigger but I keep getting a few days here and there where they tingle and itch like crazy and go very sensitive, nipple goes darker, my boobs go kinda red and feel like they are burning up then I seem to get a bit of a boost in the milk and then it calms down again. I am sure they will go massive again like last time when milk properly comes in after baby is here. Waiting until then to buy nursing bras as last time I went up from a C to a EE/F then after a few weeks down to a DD.

Hope everyone with Iron level problems are feeling better soon.

My 33 weeks bump pic.
32+6 weeks.jpg

Awesome bumps ladies!

I am dying of SPD/PGP which is now troubling my inner thighs too. I walk around like a robot and kind of becoming immobile. It kills me if I try to raise one of my legs to get in to the car or wear my pants. On top of it I get worst episodes of false contractions. I am thankful that baby is safe and still growing but I am SOOOO ready friends. :wacko:

Not any bigger but I keep getting a few days here and there where they tingle and itch like crazy and go very sensitive, nipple goes darker, my boobs go kinda red and feel like they are burning up then I seem to get a bit of a boost in the milk and then it calms down again. I am sure they will go massive again like last time when milk properly comes in after baby is here. Waiting until then to buy nursing bras as last time I went up from a C to a EE/F then after a few weeks down to a DD.

Hope everyone with Iron level problems are feeling better soon.

My 33 weeks bump pic.
View attachment 903973

You've got a lovely neat little bump! I feel enormous! And I've noticed I'm starting to waddle a little when I'm walking a long distance lol.
I woke with bad heartburn early hours of this morning and still have it a little now :dohh: although I can't really complain, this is only the second bout of heartburn I've had this pregnancy. I suffered with it lots on Riley so if the old wives tales are true this baby girl will be coming out bald :haha: xx

Lol! I don't look mahoosive but I feel it haha! :) Ahhh the waddling! I have been waddling since about 20 weeks but thats really down the the joints in my back being unstable, with my support band on and the physio I waddle less now! My heart burn hasn't been as bad this time but it is still pretty awful. I wake up a couple times a night with it so bad I need more Gaviscon and other times I can still feel it but I manage to get back to sleep. It creeps up several times a day. On the 32 weeks scan she could see a very tiny amount of fuzz so we shall see how much hair there is by the time baby arrives! Elliott and Alicia's hair could clearly be seen on the scan at around 32/33 weeks. I always wondered how much hair they would have had if they went to term as they were already fur balls at 34 weeks!

The worst pregnancy I had for heartburn was with my first dd (I had a bottle of gabiscon in my handbag from 5 months in) and she came out as bald as an egg and barely any hair until she was one! :)

Im just never comfortable now. I think being in the bath is the closest I get. Going for a swim on weds I think (seeing as you can swim for free when ur pregnant here) see if that helps.

Wish they did free swimming here! Spend so much every month at the rec centre! Kids swimming lessons, aqua natal and general swim every week. Be £3.50 a weeks cheaper if they let pregnant women swim free lol!

Swim for free whilst pregnant?! What a great idea! I wish they would do that here

Oh free swimming thats amazing. I would be there everyday. I had terrible heartburn with DD and she came out with loads of dark hair. This time its even worse !. We will see if baby has more or less hair lol.

I was convinced my DS would be a baldie as I had no heartburn at all with him. He was born with loads of hair!

I've never heard of the heartburn/hair preditiction. I had no heartburn when pregnant with DS1 and he was born with quite a bit or hair.

IndianMaa, I'm so sorry to hear you're in so much pain. :hugs: Sounds like it must be really hard to deal with. Have you seen a doctor? I guess the only consolation is that you know baby is still cookin and getting stronger.

With DS no heartburn at all and he had a lot of healthy hair.

Elma, hope you are doing good. My OB says rest only can help. I am almost on bed rest and started putting on lots. Baby is in breech and can't lie down properly too. It's uncomfortable for baby and me too. Lot of troubled movements. Just praying that we hang on for 5 more weeks. Can't think of an emergency c-session with another doctor who is on call. Would really like to be in my OBs care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->