December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

I find that the hospitals here don't provide much at all, I figure because we have publicly funded healthcare so don't actually have to pay to be there :shrug: they did provide diapers for oureentire stay and enough pads for me for several days but that was about it, they even used towels instead of baby blankets :dohh:

i'm in japan on a military base, so it's technically "american" health care, but it's pretty bare bones (or, has been!:roll:), so feeling like i need to go and ask what they do and don't provide!:wacko:

I'm sure it varies from hospital to hospital here as well. But I suppose they better provide us with wipes with what they're charging us to stay in the hospital here in the US!

I'm feeling pretty awful too just drained and achey & feeling like I'm moaning all the time ! Can't wait for the next 6 weeks to hopefully fly by !

Tired, sore and mega heartburn.

So, when your previously pretty good if not quite perfect blood pressure suddenly starts spiking again at 31 weeks. Just like it did last time.

Yeah. That.

I'm back on weekly monitoring with the midwives, and get to have another consultant appointment in 4 weeks time...

During the first busy period at work. Deep joy.

Pregnancy just does not agree with me it seems.

I'm also super busy at work. And I feel so slow and tired most of the time--made worse by DS1 not sleeping well lately. But I'm trying to see the positives. I'm not it too much discomfort and baby is healthy. It's crazy though that I'm about a week from being full term. and still haven't installed the car seat!

Has everyone packed their hospital bag now? I'm 33 weeks today and going to pack it today lol. Had my flu jab & whooping cough jab yesterday too :thumbup:
What has everyone chosen as baby's coming home outfit? I'll take a photo of mine while I'm doing my hospital bag and pop a photo on later today xx

I am 34 weeks today!! I am going to do my hospital bag at the weekend. Just need to get a few last little bits. Im not sure what to bring baby home in . Look forward to seeing pics of what you ladies have chosen!.

I have not packed the hospital bag yet. I think I did it at about 35 weeks last time. I think I will wait until 37 this time. I almost don't know what to pack in it. Last time the only things I used that I had packed were going home clothes for me, nursing bras, and toiletries like a toothbrush and hairbrush. And baby's outfits, but I think that's really just because we wanted to see him in clothes we had bought him. This time I'll go with just the necessities stuffed in a small backpack.

I think I have the baby's coming home outfit picked out. It's just a little pair of jammies with little colorful puppies on it. Warm and comfy :)

I've made a start on my hospital bag and have gone properly ott. I've packed about 14 outfits! Last time I ended up staying in hospital a week due to feeding issues and my OH had to go back and forth bringing more clothes so this time I want to be more prepared should I stay in that long again. I still need lots of bits and pieces which I will probably get next week.

I finish work tomorrow! Eeks! I've got almost a month's annual leave with my maternity leave starting on November 27th. I can't believe it, it's gone so fast!

As promised, little miss' coming home outfit 🎀😍 xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 13
I am thinking of bringing baby home in this all in one .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 7
I was due 6th December but had my little girl 4 days ago at 33+6 due to IUGR. Wishing all you December ladies the best of luck

Looking forward to next week when I drop to 30 hours then 3 more weeks then I drop to 24 hours. I had just under 2 weeks of holiday left but I was getting so tired it was easier to phase down than only get a week and a half extra off!

Got mw appmnt tomorrow where hopefully my iron has improved and she will "let me" have my homebirth :p

Congrats Isabella! That is a great weight for being so early :)

IsabellaJayne, congratulations!!! I hope she is doing well, and you are recovering quickly. :hugs:

Thank you. She's doing really well. I'm home now but she's in neonatal. She was in NICU for two days on CPAP (didn't breathe for her but helped her do it easily). She came off that at two days old and has been self ventilating ever since. She moved into special care after being in NICU and she now feeds regularly through a tube and is coping well with it. She off her antibiotics and her jaundice has been treated. It's just learning to maintain her own temp now and learning to feed and fattening up. She should be out of her incubator soon and maybe home in 2 weeks. She's doing so so well. Thanks everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->