December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Just out of Interest are you re using the bottle teats for new baby. I've also got loads and not sure if they can be used again. Anyone know ?.

I have bought more too x

I have no idea. Most of them are in very good shape, but I went ahead a bought more. I think replacing them every 3 month is overkill.

34 weeks today! Time is winding down quickly. I haven't had any action yet but baby Lisa gives my cervix a swift quick every now and then (ouch! Lol). I am starting my hospital bag this week. And I'm also working on a little something for DH. I feel like such a crazy lady. I've been nesting like there is no tomorrow. There's still so much to do with the nursery. I'm just taking it one step at a time.

And congratulations to Isabella on your beautiful little one.

Well, after 35 hemorrhoid free weeks, it finally caught up with me :( I thought I might escape this pregnancy without that particular issue, but I got one. Not fun! Can't wait to give birth and snuggle my sweet boy and have my body return to its normal pre-pregnancy state.

Ladybug - Time is going so quickly. Ive done my hospital bag although it will probably get unpackes again lol. Can't believe on the last 5 weeks hopefully lol. What you wor
king on for your DH lol.

Poco - Oh no something unpleasant always seems to pop up. Hopefully you wont get them as bad this time.

Ive been midwife today. Baby still head down but not engaged. Anyone have any tips for encouraging baby to engage. Midwife said she would give me a sweep at 38/39 weeks but only if baby is fully engaged !. Im keen to not go overdue this time but suppose baby holds all the cards !! Xx

Edit. In my notes it says relation to brim then underneath midwife has wrote brim. Shes always wrote free in that section. Does anyone know what this means ?. Google is a minefield lol thanks x

No idea what brim means.

Eden is still breech and running out of time to turn. If she's still that way at 36w (which she probably will be, let's be honest) we have to start talking "options"

I've heard that many second babies don't engage until labour starts!

I'm sorry she is still breech laura, at least you have time to plan things and prepare :hugs:

Oh man I had the worst hemmrhoids with Devyn it took over a year for them to settle down :( luckily they're not really bothering me this time around (they never actually go away)

Laura I'd try a website called 'spinning babies' I used it for advice last time as I was trying to avoid back labour after the first fiasco. Lots of info on positioning.

Babybump neither of mine engaged until labour/the day before, but that won't stop me bouncing on my gym ball from week 36 like a mad thing. Also if you can build up strength to squat it can give you up to 28% more space in your pelvis (apparently) for easier labour.

Laura - My DD did not turn until 36 weeks I thought I was definitely having a c-section with her . Hopefully baby will turn soon for you.

I've also heard a lot about second babys not engaging until the start of labour. I'm going to buy a ball tomorrow and get bouncing can't hurt lol. My DD will probably play with it more than I use it. I have SPD/PGP but will give the squats a go.

sitting on the exercise ball instead of my desk chair has helped my PGP more than any stretching i've tried. i'm also fairly sure that squats would kill any progress i've made in getting the pain under control. hopefully a ball helps you too!

Poco, I am getting them too :( not badly swollen up though. Dr suggested prep H. Yet to try. But this is much better than what I had with Jonah. That was pathetic

Laura, I heard they turn even at 39th week. Still it's good to be prepared for all scenarios

Mine is not even breech - it's transverse from 32 weeks. At times flips a bit but come back to transverse. It's very uncomfortable but I can stand it. All I want is a healthy baby. I heard they can have hip problems. A bit worried.
Would have been a bit easy for my chest if he drops! I heard transverse babies never drop! Sigh!

Since you guys brought up hemorrhoids - I have SOMETHING but I don't know if it is a hemorrhoid or a skin tag. Google isn't that helpful. If it doesn't hurt, is it nothing to worry about? I have an OB appt next week, not sure if I want to bother mentioning it. I guess I should. Meh.

It's also possible to get varicose veins on the vulva area, could that be it? Ah pregnancy so glamorous

How's everyone sleeping? I woke up at 3.30 am with really sharp backache and bh. Had to walk round have a stretch and have a couple of paracetamol before I could get back to sleep :/
Hope it isn't the start of anything as the backache is back and coming in waves.
Not in work til 3 so I think I'll go have another snooze!

not sleeping great. we go to bed early (9pm or so) and i usually wake up 2 or 3 times before getting up around 5:45am when my husband gets up. for at least one of those wake ups i can't get back to sleep for an hour or two. in the morning, i (somewhat grudgingly:shy:) get up and have breakfast while my husband gets ready for work. he leaves around 6:45 and then i often go back to sleep. on good days i get another 2 solid hours of nice, deep sleep, and it totally helps my entire outlook on life!:haha:

I really don't mind if she doesn't flip if I'm honest. I have a slightly arcuate uterus, so I have a feeling that if she doesn't flip, it's because she can't. I think if I didn't have a uterine abnormality I would be trying Spinning Babies and such, but I have heard it's not very effective with arcuate uterus. Either way... let's see what the little madam does over the next few weeks.

I'm quite lucky that sleep has been fine for me. But then I'm only just 33 weeks tomorrow. There's still time!

I'm starting to get worried now :/ I feel underprepared. I have loads of stuff and have my hospital bag packed but just don't know what to expect. Baby is transverse breech so may be having C-section now. I think it's the not knowing that is frustrating. Got a week to wait until next scan to see if she has been able to turn by herself! X

You're doing great Nickie. That's half the thing with pregnancy, that we can't fully prepare. Just take it one day at a time xx

Try not to worry, you honestly don't need much for the early days just somewhere for baby to sleep, a car seat, some clothes and diapers. Anything else you just figure out along the way :)

Try not to worry, you honestly don't need much for the early days just somewhere for baby to sleep, a car seat, some clothes and diapers. Anything else you just figure out along the way :)
Agreed! I've been less worried about things with this pregnancy.

Anyone else get stretch marks with their second pregnancy and not the first? I thought I was in the clear, but no such luck this time.

It's funny all the stuff I thought I absolutely had to have the first time around and I hardly used any of it :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->