December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Have you discussed with the Dr the actual reasons for inducing early? Like what are the risks to you/baby for induction vs extra monitoring? It's possible that induction is dr's first choice but they may work with you on other options if you push back.

Honestly, I didn't really question her at all because I was so thrown off. I do know that my previous pregnancy resulted in preeclampsia and induction, and I'm worried that things will head that direction again. While I really don't want to be induced because I had such a negative experience with it before, I also don't want to put myself or baby at risk. I think at this point I will just work on being as prepared as possible in the coming week and a half, and if it turns out that things are looking okay by then and we can hold off on induction, I certainly won't argue!

Congrats Poco, and good luck Shezza!

I just went in for my weekly appointment, and my blood pressure was elevated both today and last week when I was there. It came down some both times with a second reading, but doctor recommends inducing at 37 weeks. I had a mini heart attack considering that would be 4 days from now, but she said we could push it to 38. She sent me for a non-stress test, blood work, and ultrasound this morning, and of course my blood pressure was perfect then and everything else looked good. I have to go for another test on Friday though. Either way, it sounds like I will be headed to the hospital next weekend for induction. Unfortunately, this has really upset me because I had such big plans for natural labor and birth, and I feel like I should just throw my birth plan in the garbage. I'm trying to find a more positive frame of mind, but between that and the fact that we still have so much to do before I actually feel ready for baby, I'm just stressed.

When you say that the second BP readings were ok, you mean they repeated the measurements right after the first ones, and your blood pressure was fine? I'm no doctor, but that sounds like the nurse is just messing up the first measurement. I don't think there is any reason your plod pressure would be "high" and the. Go back and to normal a few seconds later. If that's the case, I'd absolutely be fighting the scheduled induction, if that's the only reason for it. Again, I'm not a doc, but it sounds fishy.

Congrats Poco, and good luck Shezza!

I just went in for my weekly appointment, and my blood pressure was elevated both today and last week when I was there. It came down some both times with a second reading, but doctor recommends inducing at 37 weeks. I had a mini heart attack considering that would be 4 days from now, but she said we could push it to 38. She sent me for a non-stress test, blood work, and ultrasound this morning, and of course my blood pressure was perfect then and everything else looked good. I have to go for another test on Friday though. Either way, it sounds like I will be headed to the hospital next weekend for induction. Unfortunately, this has really upset me because I had such big plans for natural labor and birth, and I feel like I should just throw my birth plan in the garbage. I'm trying to find a more positive frame of mind, but between that and the fact that we still have so much to do before I actually feel ready for baby, I'm just stressed.

When you say that the second BP readings were ok, you mean they repeated the measurements right after the first ones, and your blood pressure was fine? I'm no doctor, but that sounds like the nurse is just messing up the first measurement. I don't think there is any reason your plod pressure would be "high" and the. Go back and to normal a few seconds later. If that's the case, I'd absolutely be fighting the scheduled induction, if that's the only reason for it. Again, I'm not a doc, but it sounds fishy.

Sorry, I guess I worded that badly. The second readings in the office were lower than the first but still considered high. However, when I drove over to the hospital for the non-stress test and they did a reading there, the nurse said my BP was "beautiful" at 127/77. I'm curious to see what my reading will be on Friday when I go in for the second non-stress test. If it's good, I will definitely be calling the doctor's office Monday morning to discuss things further.

Sorry to hear That blinker :( think that's what everyone wants a nice natural labour with no intervention & induction etc but just try to stay positive. It's a good thing now there keeping a good eye on you & if you do have to be induced , every labour is different so try not to stress, I know it's hard tho ! Positive thinking , keep positive I really do believe when we give out positive vibes we get that back :):)

Good luck !

I'm 38 +1 today ! Still no real pains just a lot of pressure I have a sweep on the 8th then again on the 10th here's hoping they set me on my way :):) would be lovely to experience going into labour myself but hey ho what will be will be ! Just want to have my wee baby now & find out the sex ! We're all so excited ! Hope you're all good ladies thinking on you all x

I'm another who may be induced early due to BP. Mine went up at my most recent appointment to 160/100 which is VERY high for me. They retested a few times and it came down, but only as far as 143/94, which is still high. More monitoring on Friday. If it continues to be high they will medicate and then induce around 37/38w.

Feel for all you ladies with the high BP. Fingers crossed you have a good induction experience, from experience I'd just say don't forget about keeping active in the early stages. Keep bouncing on a ball or strolling round, positioning can have a big effect!

I honestly don't know how mine isn't through the roof the crap I'm putting up with atm :(

Unless I missed it, I haven't seen anyone mention the full moon tonight! Isn't that supposed to be a trigger for birth?

I noticed that! We're coming up on when iI went into labour with Devyn but really hoping this baby stays put for a bit yet

Hi ladies,

Just to update, my babies were born as planned on 24th baby boy (Parker) weighed 6lb and baby girl (Peyton) weighed 7lb.

Both very healthy and breast feeding well. I'll be browsing to see all the updates from you all as you approach the final few weeks of pregnancy I must admit having 2 babies at once is an experience lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 16
Aw congratulations shezza! I can't imagine what giving birth to 2 must be like :) wishing you all health and happiness xx

Hi ladies,

Just to update, my babies were born as planned on 24th baby boy (Parker) weighed 6lb and baby girl (Peyton) weighed 7lb.

Both very healthy and breast feeding well. I'll be browsing to see all the updates from you all as you approach the final few weeks of pregnancy I must admit having 2 babies at once is an experience lol

What beautiful babies! Congratulations! :)

Shezza congratulations! Fantastic weights and what cuties. My friend had twins after two solo babies and it got me thinking in many ways it must be sooo hard as although you have the experience under your belt, you also know what it was like only having one so it must be a shock.

Blinker - as you've been through labour before, if this baby needs to be induced but there's not an urgent panic around doing so you may find a couple of bouts of the gel and/or pessary are sufficient? Whereas first inductions generally are slow your body is better equipped this time :)

Oh my life they are beautiful bundles - well done mama!

So I'm back from DAU - my bp was back in 'high but normal' 142/88 range, my bloods from Monday were clear, nothing in my pee.

So they didn't stab me again! Result!

A quick listen in on baby, and sent me on my way, commenting that we just need to get to 40 weeks.

Methinks in an ideal world I'd love to go from 38 onwards as I feel shocking quite honestly, but I certainly would prefer not to have another preemie if I could avoid it.

Feeling pretty good really (mentally, if not physically LOL)

Ohhh beautiful babies.. well done. They arew going to be little heartbreakers!!

Fliss - Good news that everything else came back clear. Hopefully baby will hang on for a few more weeks for you. Least bubs sounds good on the monitor.

Theres apparently a full moon tonight .. I said I few posts back about just waiting and enjoying the time with DD. But I am so done now Lol !! Hurry up baby. I have a feeling im going to go over which is stressing me out !!.

Congrats shezza, they are so lovely!

Fliss, I'm glad your results came back in the clear. Good luck keeping baby baking a few more weeks.

Babybump87, I'm in the same boat. I definitely feel ill go overdue, and it stresses me out. I'm fairly stressed out in general, which I know isn't great for me or baby. In laws are staying with us for quite a while, and I'm not thrilled witht the situation.

Happy thanksgiving to all you US mamas!

Shezza ur babies are absolutely gorgeous !!! I can't wait for mine to come now , huge congrats ! Ur blessed xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->