December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

I'm only 3 weeks 3 days today and I feel really sick and getting AF cramps. Keep getting worried she will show. Is it normal to feel sick this early on ?!

I'm only 3 weeks 3 days today and I feel really sick and getting AF cramps. Keep getting worried she will show. Is it normal to feel sick this early on ?!

I started throwing up before my bfp with #3

I had some cramps yesterday (the day af would have been due) but it went after a while and wasn't painful tummy feels a little delicate today but think it may be my bowels thats making me feel tender.

Since 11dpo ive been feel rough on and off, had a couple of mild nausea pangs but nothing major yet, I'm sure it wont be long though pray i don't get HG again.

Woke up today with reli sore bbs :( I have been getting pretty achey bbs but today there on another level lol ! Feeling reli queasy too ! & peeing constantly ! Exactly 2 weeks today til my midwife appointment counting down the days ! Just want to see my wee baby on a scan just to know alls good :)

Wow, so many posts, so many new ladies since I was last on. It took my entire cup of coffee to catch up :coffee: Welcome to you all!

i wanted home water birth last year but come the day was no staff. After being labelled 'strep b' from hvs at 14w i wasnt going to risk staying at home and birthing without a midwife.

I still got my pool thats my plan again this time.

Did you just labor in the pool or actually give birth in the pool? I couldn't find anyplace in my area that allows actual water births. The hospital I've chosen, apparently used to allow it, but stopped a couple years ago for safety concerns :shrug: But you can still labor in the pool. When i was in labor with DS, when labor was getting really hard, they started filling the pool for me, and I was desperate for it to finish so i could get in and get some relief, but then I had to start pushing before I could even get it.

I was also StrepB positive, which sucked. I hated having an iv. Any ladies been positive for StrepB in one pregnancy but not in the next?

My nausea started on CD20, was intermittant at first and very mild. Quickly became all day. All today been feeling like I am on verge of vomiting and I am struggling to eat or drink because every mouthful makes me feel worse but I know I need to try and eat something.

When does the strep b test happen? Last time i was told I would be tested at 36 weeks but I never made it that far. Things might have changed over the years or even from hospital to hospital.

I feel exactly the same! Worried that af will come,periody and awful back pain. Feeling few waves of nausea but nothing much.

Wow, so many posts, so many new ladies since I was last on. It took my entire cup of coffee to catch up :coffee: Welcome to you all!

i wanted home water birth last year but come the day was no staff. After being labelled 'strep b' from hvs at 14w i wasnt going to risk staying at home and birthing without a midwife.

I still got my pool thats my plan again this time.

Did you just labor in the pool or actually give birth in the pool? I couldn't find anyplace in my area that allows actual water births. The hospital I've chosen, apparently used to allow it, but stopped a couple years ago for safety concerns :shrug: But you can still labor in the pool. When i was in labor with DS, when labor was getting really hard, they started filling the pool for me, and I was desperate for it to finish so i could get in and get some relief, but then I had to start pushing before I could even get it.

I was also StrepB positive, which sucked. I hated having an iv. Any ladies been positive for StrepB in one pregnancy but not in the next?

What country are you in?
I did both in the pool, although never got in pool for as long as i hoped. I was at a guess 5cm when i got in, my little girl was born 27mins later what only seemed like 4 long contractions. Water was bliss, because it was so warm.

I decided against IV, i had to fight for my homebirth. I never asked to be checked for strep b. I wont be having any swabs done this pregnancy.

When does the strep b test happen? Last time i was told I would be tested at 36 weeks but I never made it that far. Things might have changed over the years or even from hospital to hospital.

Its not routine thing in uk.

I cant see what country your in.

I feel exactly the same! Worried that af will come,periody and awful back pain. Feeling few waves of nausea but nothing much.

When is/was AF due with you ? I'm due on Wednesday

Im in the US, and the Strep B test is routine where I am. I would be happy not to have the test, but I think I'd have to put up a huge fight to get my way.

Im in the US, and the Strep B test is routine where I am. I would be happy not to have the test, but I think I'd have to put up a huge fight to get my way.

So they dont like you giving birth in the pool where you live?

Weird symptoms, Since a week ago i have felt like im coming down with something. Feeling warm, sometimes a little lightheaded, milk headache, feeling nauseous sometimes tummy feels a little delicate. anyone else?

I keep thinking about savery food/meals i want.
I am enjoying black pudding more than usual, at least it's good for iron. Lol

Only thing i fancy and hasnt repeated on me is cheeseburger from a takeaway for last 2 evenings lol

Ive been sick again today, not far from yesterday time weirdly enough.

I am in UK, I just remember the nurse who was checking my stats before the consultant came over just mentioning there was a study or trial or something going on and they were signing up women to be tested for strep b at 36 weeks. I just thought maybe if they were doing trials back then it might be a common thing to be tested for by now.

Where I am in Canada there are no water births in hospitals and no birth centers so anyone that wants a water birth has to be at home. I think it's similar in the US unless there is a birth center nearby

I am in UK, I just remember the nurse who was checking my stats before the consultant came over just mentioning there was a study or trial or something going on and they were signing up women to be tested for strep b at 36 weeks. I just thought maybe if they were doing trials back then it might be a common thing to be tested for by now.

They dont do it because nhs tests are inaccurate. They give you your status for that day only, as strep b can come and go. I was never offered a retest even though it could of completely gone. Once you get a positive in your preg in uk thats it your labelled it your birth choices reduce a lot, you may have to go against medical advice to get birth you want.
You can pay for private test that costs £30 that status lasts 5 weeks.

I think we should be told to check every new baby for signs of strep b infection regardless. Was not something i was ever made aware of before.

Ladies asking about strep b...if you go to the home and natural birthing forums there's a sticky thread about strep b which has loads of information and support on it :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->