December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

I think my husband wants to skip the 12 week ultrasound because he fears insurance won't cover the cost for both the scan and the DNA testing. And since the DNA testing is more concrete and looks for more abnormalities, he really wants to have that done.

For those of you who are taking progesterone supplements, how long has your doctor told you to stay on them? My midwife told me to stop at 12 weeks, but I am debating taking them a little longer. I have heard some take them until about half way through the pregnancy. Any thoughts, opinions or experiences?

Thanks girls ! I was over the moon when she offered me a scan ! Really helped settle me and was lovely to see ! Been so tired today ! Just want to sleep constantly lol !

In the world we live in there's rarely ever a great time financially to have kids. I'd have never got round to it but I guess you cope and adapt because you have to :)

Kneeswrites - that's very sweet. I did it everyday until I crossed 7 weeks and then the test line started becaming faint. I thought its no fun when you get light test lines

Stancey- happy for you and every one whos having great scans

Elma, how was your scan today...Hope you found the smiling n waving one..

Eclaire; I was on progesterone during my last...it continued until 14 weeks and we had plans to do until 20th week. But then I had a bit dilated cervix at 14 weeks and they started more stronger progesterone injections once a week (some oil based very painful stuff) and it continued till 36th week.

Eclaire, I think the NT ultrasound testing tends to be covered by most insurance companies if you're 35 and up, because it is a well established diagnostic method. The fetal DNA screening is supposed to be more accurate, but because it's new, it is not so widely covers by insurance (and probable because it's expensive). This is mostly paraphrasing the pamflet I got in the mail yesterday. I wouldn't assume your insurance is equally open to you receiving either test. Maybe this will convince your hubby :flower:

My scan went great. Heart rate was high, but she said that's normal
Early on. Baby even kinda looked like a baby! She bumped my due date up a couple days, but I don't put too much faith into that.

Anyone know how to post a pic from my phone?

In the world we live in there's rarely ever a great time financially to have kids. I'd have never got round to it but I guess you cope and adapt because you have to :)

So true!

This makes me feel dizzy just thinking about finances - but SCREW IT, we will make it work! If we waited until we had the savings, I'd be retiring, haha!

I feel really lucky to live in a country with maternity leave and for a company that has maternity top up pay for a bit. I feel for you ladies without that, I really do *hug* Don't know how that works, money can be scary stuff!

My colposcopy went fine this morning , they detected minor changes and will do a biopsy when baby's here :) she did a wee scan for me too I was over the moon :) measuring exactly 8 weeks & a good strong heartbeat , I am thrilled !

That's fab news :)

Omg my pants are so uncomfortable by the end of the day :haha:

I don't think I started showing much... but I just cant wear any of my pair of jeans... living with a few stretchable trousers... have to do some shopping now

My scan went great. Heart rate was high, but she said that's normal
Early on. Baby even kinda looked like a baby! She bumped my due date up a couple days, but I don't put too much faith into that.

Anyone know how to post a pic from my phone?

Awesome! heard high heart rate is for boys...

Eclaire, I think the NT ultrasound testing tends to be covered by most insurance companies if you're 35 and up, because it is a well established diagnostic method. The fetal DNA screening is supposed to be more accurate, but because it's new, it is not so widely covers by insurance (and probable because it's expensive). This is mostly paraphrasing the pamflet I got in the mail yesterday. I wouldn't assume your insurance is equally open to you receiving either test. Maybe this will convince your hubby :flower:

I feel like somewhere I read that you have united health care... I am struggling with this country's insurance stuff.. its still a great mystery for me... last year Dr sent my preventive with wrong coding and we ended up paying a lot... this time I am trying to read and learn.. Is yours united health care?

Hi I'm new to the site, just joined I got my BFF this Monday!! This will be Baby no 5 ❤️ My EDD is 12/18/2015 according to my LMP 3/13/2015. I'm a little nervous I had a MC in January 2015. Hoping we all have safe delivered babies and much luck, love and contrast to all our December babies!!

Had to leave work early yesterday because I ran to the loo to be sick. Thank god for sea sickness bands. Feel much better now. Can't wait for my next scan on Wednesday !

Had a dream last night that I had triplets ! 2 boys and a girl. So strange !

I had a dream last night that I went in for a scan and found out I was actually 16 weeks and it was a boy. It felt sooo real.

Ahhhh I haven't had any preggo dreams yet. Only thrown up once too, but it's still early...

Sooo I really need some advice.

I don't have insurance yet. I'm waiting on my state insurance since I'm pregnant and poor enough to qualify, but it's taking forever and I still don't even know for sure how for along I am since I haven't gotten normal periods in forever. I'm worried because I swear I've been feeling baby move (I felt my daughter at 11 weeks) but I can't possibly feel that at 7/8 weeks? And if I'm further along than I thought, well, I got pretty shitfaced a few times in the weeks before I found out I was pregnant. Not thinking there was any possible chance of pregnancy.

If you go to the ER, here at least, if you say you are having any pregnancy complications they have to do bloods, a pelvic exam, and an ultrasound. I guess a lot of women abuse this? Or so says the Internet.

I went to the ER a couple of weeks ago because I was extremely crampy, had no idea of my due date, and felt like I had a uti moving into my kidneys and that can apparently cause a m/c. Well they did my bloods and a scan and said everything was fine but didn't give me a real idea of how far along I was, never mentioned the potential UTI, and that was basically it?

Well now I am crampy again which obviously is normal but I still feel like I have a uti and earlier I was having the cramps/back spasms I always get when I have a bad UTI. I would just go to my doctor but because of whatever the holdup is I don't even have insurance yet. With my daughter it took literally until 20 weeks to get it, I basically relied on ER care as prenatal care... I had to go a lot because I was bleeding all the time.

I'm so conflicted. I don't want to like, abuse the system or anything. But I'm terrified I do have a uti and they missed it, bc that has happened to me in the past and I have had chronic utis since I was 16. And I don't want to miscarry a healthy baby because I was afraid of being judged. But I also can't tell if I'm being paranoid or if this is even worth going to the ER. Arghhhh I just want my insurance.

Ps please don't judge me for being poor and having kids, the thread about ER care I just read was so judgmental it made me feel horrible and I'm too emotional to deal with it lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->