December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Ooh what have you bought?

I'm trying to be good and wait until 12 weeks at least. Then I think I'll just end up getting the big bits, or telling grandparents what we need and waiting until we find out the sex for other little bits.

To say we have a lot from when we had our LO there still seems to be a lot of things we need

X

Got a mix of newborn and 0-3 months sleep suits and vests, cardigan, snow suit, play gym, bouncer, moses basket, breast pump, couple toys, hats, mits, bibs, changing mat .... think thats it! haha! Most of it was in sales 25-50% off.

Oh wow you have been busy. Although I don't blame you while there is a sale on.

You have just reminded me to put 'tiny baby' sleep suits on my list. My first weighed 6lb when he was born so he didn't fit into much so I'm getting at least one pack this time to be prepared.

I really don't know whether to find out. I was adamant that we were finding out but the last few days I'm thinking a little about staying team yellow. But with it being a December baby I don't fancy traipsing around in Christmas shopping madness with a newborn picking up boy/girl stuff afterwards... And I'm thinking it would be nice to bring our little boy to the gender scan so he can see the baby and find out if he's getting a brother or sister. Decisions! :haha:

Haven't bought a thing yet! We didn't find out what our DS was so we have neutral bouncer/swing/Moses basket etc. that we can reuse regardless so mostly just clothes and bottles we'll need!

Oh wow you have been busy. Although I don't blame you while there is a sale on.

You have just reminded me to put 'tiny baby' sleep suits on my list. My first weighed 6lb when he was born so he didn't fit into much so I'm getting at least one pack this time to be prepared.

Yeah I am jount going to wait and see what happens. Not a big deal to send OH to tesco's whilst baby is wrapped in a blanket! Last time I bought from 6lb and up but they were just over 4lb so waited until they were about to be discharged from hospital then nipped out to get the right size clothes.

we are staying team yellow!:yellow: i want my husband to know first and tell me, "it's a ___!!" also we will likely dress our kid pretty neutral, if not on the tomboyish side. my husband and i wear jeans, and mostly plain/nonpatterned shirts. black, gray, white, navy and converse sneakers (we got married in my parents' backyard in converse:haha:), so i imagine baby will be a mini version of that and if it's a girl, we'll just stick a little bow on her head.:haha:

also, can i have my due date changed on the front page? i had my 10-14 week appointment today and baby was measuring ahead of LMP dates and i'm 10w1d, so the doctor said my due date is Dec 2nd.:thumbup:

baby was good and heart rate was about 160.:mrgreen: still looked like a little gummy bear, but could see the heart flickering. huge sigh of relief and trying to be optimistic that this is indeed my rainbow:baby:<3

eta: on the buying conversation...we have a crib (we bought it before i even got pregnant the first time:shy: because it was SUCH a good deal at the store for 75% off!) and we just bought a car seat and jogging stroller a couple weeks ago. i also have an ergo carrier. then last week the thrift store on base was having a $10/bag sale, so i skimmed the baby section and threw a bunch of stuff in my bag. a couple pairs of cotton pants, a handful of footed sleepers, a couple onesies, and then there were some new (still in the package!) things: a set of bibs, a set of baby mitts and a set of 2 sleepers. and there was a maternity 3/4 length shirt with the tags still on and ALL that fit in my bag so i got it all for $10!

Jumpingo, that's the kind of thrift store haul I dream about! I LOVE thrift stores and garage sales, especially for buying baby stuff. I'm sure I saved hundreds of dollars when pregnant with DS by hitting the garage sales.

I haven't bought a thing yet, didn't want to jinx anything, but now that I've seen babe on scan, I may start. I'd like to stay team yellow, but DH insists we find out....so, we'll see.

IndianMaa, I hope you're fully recovered from the flu soon!

i just happened to be volunteering that day and couldn't believe how much good stuff was there.:shock: it's all practically brand new since they only wear stuff for a couple months before growing out of it. i will be LIVING in the thrift store baby section once baby arrives!:thumbup::haha:

I was thinking it's only me whos doing it. I spend atleast an hour a day checking baby stuff online...did not buy anything though.But you all are much ahead &#55357;&#56832;

US friends, can you please suggest some good prenatal vitamins brand? The country earlier I lived in had prenatal as prescriptions and hence I never missed on it. Right now I am taking only folic acid. What time is best for starting others? 12 weeks?

I found out with my little girl and it was lovely to have everything prepared and all my pink in but I was a bit disappointed with not having a surprise so this time we're going to leave it , we'll find out on the big day :) twinmum I was the same last time couldn't wait to find out but this times different.

Haven't bought anything yet but I can't wait to ! I've been up looking at babygros and prams ! Just can't wait to get wee things in feeling super super excited !!

I have clothes already for girls so if this is a girl I don&#8217;t really need anything&#8230; but we are hoping for a boy =P so hopefully I do get to go out shopping =P xx

Ughhhhh I'm really stressed out. After the cramping I decided to reassure myself with a test but the line was a tiny bit lighter than normal. I got two tests so I decided to take another one this morning with fmu and it's even lighter. They're still dark so I know I sound crazy but it's really worrying me. The only thing is I feel like I remember when I was about 8 weeks with my daughter I had lighter lines, which caused me to assume I was mcing and so I didn't test for a while, only to have even darker lines a week or two later. But I'm still terrified. I've also felt really undeserving because it was a totally unexpected baby conceived after having sex literally one time and even though my daughter took 3 years I just don't feel deserving of a surprise like that? Also I was conflicted at first so I feel like I jinxed it...idk. I know I'm sounding crazy but I guess first tri does that to people. I just started getting excited and accustomed to the idea of two children and now I don't wanna give it up... Especially since we wouldn't be ttc again if I mc.

:(

Top test was the darkest one, a couple weeks ago. Second test was yesterday afternoon, and bottom test was this morning :nope:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 3
Me and oh's mum have already picked a travel system and as soon as we do the first scan she's buying it for me :) planning on getting a carrier to as oh wants one. Still got ds cot bed the main pretty birth spend is going to be cloth nappies! Any recommendations? Being having a good browse and there's so much out there! :$

Knees, I don't think the tests mean much at this point for you and that could be the hook effect. I know you are looking for something to reassure you though. The cramps sound like they may be normal too. :hugs: When is your next appointment?

I don't know because I still don't have my insurance :nope: with my daughter it didn't come until I was 20 weeks but I had bleeding so I was at the ER a lot which meant I got plenty of scans and care. But I don't have any bleeding so no reason to go to the ER so I'm just kind of in limbo? :nope: there's a part of me that wants to go for the cramps and maybe say I'm spotting just so I can get prenatal care but I won't do that because I know it's totally horrible to even think about. Blah. I wish we had been in a better place financially for this. I'm thinking about calling my last doctor to see if they will see me while I wait for insurance.

I did some googling about the tests and I feel a little better. It's apparently really common. I think we're telling my mom on Sunday for Mother's Day. Got a huge card and stuck some baby clothes in it and a baby on board car sign. And wrote "Surprise!" Lmao. We're going with the "Lets pretend like it's good and maybe they'll believe it" plan for revealing.

:hugs: First trimester is full of worry but I do think things sound like they're likely ok for you. While you're waiting to see someone, just make sure you're taking a prenatal. I think we're telling some family this Sunday too. :)

Yeah been taking my vitamins and I got my first rhogam shot at the ER when I went a few weeks ago, so I feel good about that.

Speaking of vitamins, I saw that Indian maa asked about brands... Tbh I didn't know that there was a difference, I just got Walmart grand, I compared the ingredients and it was the same as another brand name one so I thought it would be okay! I had a million different kinds last time so I can't really recommend one.

I'm not sure about all of the differences in prenatals either. I take Rainbow prenatals right now.

I had cloth nappies for my daughter but I don't think I'll bother this time as I'll be going back to work and I don't think the childminder would want to do it.. So seems a waste. If I had kept them all I could reuse them!

What prams do you all want? I really am going to try for a bugaboo, mother are do payment plans so I'm crossing my fingers I can save half then pay up half!!

Omg guys I'm sure you're all wiser than me but DONT test this late lmao! I got two more cheap tests because I wanted to try the thing where you dilute your pee, the theory is the hcg is too high for the test to be accurate sometimes. Well, I took one with a hold of an hour or two, and then diluted it and took the other. First one was darker than this mornings fmu test (probably due to shorter hold) and the diluted one was darker than control line! I guess the hook effect is real!! Feel sooo much better now!

Also, do you guys have Once Upon a Child's where you live? I used to work at one and now that's the only place pretty much I go for baby/kids stuff. Cheap clothes, crazy cheap furniture/swings/bouncers. They had a beautiful crib for $90 once. You just have to wait for the deals. And there's a company policy to not accept old equipment or recalled anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->