December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Thanks Ameli and knees for saying something about pre-natals... I think I am too late to start them...will get them this evening, as you say whatever I come across.

Knees, nice to know that you are done with testing... I know its tough not to have an appointment / scan until now, especially when you are not sure of your dates...but you never had any spotting .. and cramping is normal ... I cramp everyday for a few hours and I get worried as well... I understand...my thoughts are with you...do you think you can get a private scan in the mean time? (i don't know how easy it is for you but could be much cheaper than seeing a doctor - possibly doctor will order a scan if you aren't sure of dates). There could be many cheaper local ones at your place...

We are going for bambino mio 2 piece nappies. Only looked at a few brands or I would just end up getting confused and these ones look nice and good value and great reviews.

We are going to get the Cossatto Supa Cuddle Monster pram.

Totally lost my symptoms this morning. Really freaked me out. They're back now, thank goodness. Doesn't mean I didn't have a total freak out though...

Hello ladies. Hope you don't mind if I join you. I'm pregnant with #1! Had a scan May 6 and little one measures 7 weeks 5 days. Hubs and I are super excited. Little one is due December 18 tentatively. I have an official dating scan on the 13th. Feeling pretty good so far a little nausea lots of exhaustion and thirst but super happy. Happy and healthy nine months to all!

Welcome!

I can't remember what foods we can't have? Also how many cups of tea a day is allowed??

Perlie, not sure if you are US or UK but either way, loads on info here:
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/foods-to-avoid-pregnant.aspx

Congrats Ladybug!

Laura, it does freak you out doesn't it! I had a few days where my only symptom was exhaustion and a few where the nausea was back but really mild .... boy am I paying for it now! These past 4 days have been the worst yet!

I still have my pram system from LO, which is a silver cross linear just not the freeway one it's the sleepover. I love it so much so won't be getting a different one until I need a smaller pushchair. Then I would love a silver cross again :blush:

My symptoms come and go Laura! I prefer it when they are noticeable lol

X

Omg Laura I had a moment like that this morning too. I woke up with bad lower back pain and my boobs didn't hurt like at all and I was actually hungry for the first time in weeks. A few hours later it was all back to normal :dohh: I wish we could just fast forward through first tri and not experience the damn stress of obsessing over every symptom and lack of symptoms. It's seriously the worst.

In terms of cloth diapers, my absolute favorite brand isn't made anymore :cry: it's the cocalo perfect bum. We got them at Babies r Us. They have a Velcro closure and a plastic pouch inside for the insert. It's super awesome because you can reuse it a few times before washing if it's just pee, making them incredibly convenient. We got through Keebs first few months of life with literally four diapers. And we just cut up prefolds as inserts. It was GREAT.

Unfortunately they weren't one size and we couldn't afford bigger diapers once she outgrew them so she was in disposables for quite a while, but we recently were able to buy a whole new collection. Turns out it was good timing Lolol. We got giapers and grovia this time. The grovia are amazing but quite expensive and they have brand-specific inserts which sucks, though the inserts are pretty fantastic. I do highly recommend them. They are adorable and they fit so nicely.

The gdiapers are pretty good too, I hate that the outside is cloth because you basically have to wash every time they're dirty or wet. But I love to double stuff them and use them for nighttime,almost never leaks!

We also have one Charlie banana and a bunch of similar pocket diapers, really not a huge fan of pocket diapers but they're good to have around since they're cheaper. My friend also sent me a sunbaby pocket diaper when I was preggo with Keebs, I love it!

This time around probably gonna order a couple more grovias, a bunch of gdiapers and a bunch of sunbabies. Plus some random cheap inserts. Will also check eBay/Amazon for more cocalos, I love those things.

Sorry I'm kind of a cloth diaper fanatic :dohh:

We use g diapers with lo but he us going to outgrow soon so I'm probably going to get a bunch of Alva's for him and baby since they are one size.

I. Take Sisu prenatals because they have capsules that are gelatin free :thumbup:

Oh and.I think.I'm going to try to find a used city select double since it is nice and small and can be converted back to a single. I:m not a big stroller fan but Devyn prefers to ride.rather than be carried now :cry: and it is handy to be able.to pop the car seat in the stroller when baby is sleeping rather than waking them to put in the sling

first of all, STEP AWAY FROM THE TESTS LADIES!!!!:yellowcard:[-X they will only drive you crazy!:wacko::nope:

Indian Maa, i can't help on the "what brand is best" issue, but my doctor told me that taking a prenatal from before you are even pregnant is great and gives the most benefit. but really, baby will take what s/he needs from you regardless, so it's not the end of the world if you miss or don't take all the time, etc. it's more of a "let's give baby all the help we can!" kind of thing. so, in that sense, it's never too late to start helping baby!:thumbup:

pearlie, i've most commonly read no deli meat (unless you heat it to safe temperatures) and no unpasteurized or soft cheeses. and the obvious, no alcohol or tobacco. i don't eat seafood, so there may be fish/mercury restrictions, but i never paid attention.:dohh: otherwise, i don't really think there's a whole lot, but some people who are big on organic food or other health nuts (said with love:winkwink:) might have more no-nos? i've also read up to 200mg of caffeine a day is considered safe. that's about one cup of coffee. so anyone struggling to give up their morning coffee, savor that one cup!:haha: i would just check labels and see how much caffeine is in your tea:thumbup: or try to find decaf versions that you like?

knees, i'm hoping to cloth diaper, so when it gets closer to buying some, i might pick your brain!:blush: there are just so many brands and types out there!:wacko: one of my good friends cloth diapers, so i'm kind of hoping i can borrow a couple different ones before buying a significant number of any one brand (only to find out it's not a good fit or style or whatever!:dohh:) for some trial runs once baby's here.:thumbup:

For cloth diapers I swear by Blueberry. The ones I use are an all in one and they are amazing! They have a nice fit around the legs and leak much less than the other ones I have tried. I had 7 newborn, which had me washing daily. When my dd outgrew those I got 15 of the one size. I am supplementing with some lower quality cloth diapers so I don't have to wash eod. She is 20 months and could easily wear them for another year before she outgrows them. The only down side is they are expensive. Register for them on Amazon and hope people buy them for you.

As for the Velcro closure I am not a huge fan. After some regular washing they don't latch as well and they get caught on other diapers/liners in the wash. The snaps take more effort, but hold up better through regular washing.

Just my opinion. Good luck.

Thanks to Luna and Jumpingo too for saying something on prenatals.... I already got some brand called nature made multi prenatals... the calcium in it is just 25% only... checked many brands and all had only this much or less.. I don't drink much milk.. doesn't like greens much too... may be I have to have more to cover the calcium requirements...

Pearlie, more or less what jumpingo said...

This is the list I got from my doctors office - Alcohol, caffeine, raw uncooked meats/ fish/ poultry/ eggs, soft scrambled eggs, deli meat, hot dogs, fish high in mercury (shark, swordfish, king mackerel, tilefish), refrigerated pates/ meat spreads/smoked seafood, raw and unpasteurized cheese, raw sprouts, herbal products like pills and teas, sugar substitutes (unless prescribed)...fish intake should be limited to 12 oz a week

On caffeine - they said max 2 cups of coffee a day... not sure of tea... I guess tea is much lighter compared to coffee, another cup shouldn't harm... best is to avoid altogether whenever possible. (I drink a few cups of very light tea - had flu and cough; just couldn't manage without it)

I don't eat dairy at all but eat plenty of other foods with calcium so I don't worry about it :)

I don't eat dairy at all but eat plenty of other foods with calcium so I don't worry about it :)

I have to literally try now... I eat spinach occasionally..No cheese tofu yogurt etc...just 1/4th cup of milk a day... What else has calcium.., I don't even know.

I was taking pregnacare all through pregnancy vitamins then my midwife prescribed me high strength folic acid so I've just been taking them the last 3 weeks ,
Don't know if I should
Be taking any extra :( ?

Taking extra folic acid is perfectly safe, it is one of those vitamins that our body can easily get rid of the excess so it cannot do any harm. :)

Last time I took pregnancare but got seven seas this time. Doesn't make any difference thou, they all have the same stuff in!

You girls are all discussing what you can't eat and I'm sitting here trying to figure out what I can eat without being sick lol almost midday and only had an apple and a packet of hula hoops all day !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->