December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

You girls are all discussing what you can't eat and I'm sitting here trying to figure out what I can eat without being sick lol almost midday and only had an apple and a packet of hula hoops all day !

oh no no, weeks 4-9 i was MISERABLE and couldn't find anything that sounded good and force fed myself through most days.:nope: the last week or so i have finally felt human again, but i still have a limited menu of things that are kind of my go-tos. i don't even crave anything i'm not supposed to eat (even beer, which i used to love and have a few nights a week). i read somewhere that morning sickness is often thought to be nature's way of making sure you don't actually eat "bad" stuff.:shrug:

Wait no herbal tea? Why :cry:

This list is so confusing. No deli meat or hot dogs? I usually don't eat meat but I've been craving it, it's horrible, but I've eaten a pound of salami and several hot dogs... When I actually want food I don't question it, I just eat it lol. I never would've guessed deli meat or hot dogs :dohh:

I'm sat eating a cheese and ham toastie... Is that kind of meat ok?? So confusing! Would never have guessed I've been pregnant before!?

That was a bummer for me. I love hoagies and I love herbal tea. I guess I'll be eating my sandwiches toasted��.

Pearlie, all packaged cooked meats are fine. Things like salami are fine if you heat them up or freeze them for 4 days first but not eaten fresh.

I haven't been wanting meat at all, in any form, and I feel kind of bad because I know I ought to eat it, at least a little! The only thing that makes me feel ok is potatoes and blueberries. I LOVE potatoes, when I feel really sick they really help, but I'm afraid I'm going to be huge soon :p

Hello ladies. Hope you don't mind if I join you. I'm pregnant with #1! Had a scan May 6 and little one measures 7 weeks 5 days. Hubs and I are super excited. Little one is due December 18 tentatively. I have an official dating scan on the 13th. Feeling pretty good so far a little nausea lots of exhaustion and thirst but super happy. Happy and healthy nine months to all!

Welcome xox :)

I started my prenatal before we conceived, as they say the first few weeks are the most important. I believe it is the folic acid that is the most important though!

I have been bad my diet has gone down the drain the past two weeks as have been so sick . I have vomited up most things, but toast, ravioli, and potatoes or hot chips stay down ! Yet when I eat healthy it doesn't always stay down :(

Oops I didn't realise you weren't allowed to eat hot dogs! I had one today and it was absolutely delicious and I kept it in my stomach :happydance:

I hear that fish is still very good for you and you should eat some, and eggs are fine as long as they are cooked all the way through.

You can eat hot dogs as long as they are cooked all the way through and served hot. Also, many herbal teas are fine but check before drinking them - I drink a lot of peppermint and spearmint. Of course everything in moderation. And yeah eggs as totally fine as long as cooked through - eggs are very good for you.
Most of the stuff on the "don't eat" list is there because of the risk of developing food poisoning, which is obviously more dangerous when pregnant

Hello ladies!

Had my 8 weeks scan yesterday, everything looks great and babe's measuring right on track with a heart of 160 bpm! It was actually hubby's first time hearing the heart since they didnt let him in with me when i was in the ER last time, so it was great to see his eyes light up at the sound of the baby's heart. the tech even let him record it :)

Finally starting to really get excited!! :)

Dont worry Laura it'll be here before you know it!!! :)
I felt like these 3 weeks were dragging by but lo and behold, the day finally arrived! Now to wait patiently for my June 2nd appointment for my 12 week scan -.- it never ends !!!! Lol

Aw that's lovely indhira! So nice they let you record it, I bet that's really nice to take away with you.

Oh not too long till your 12 week now then

X

Indhira, wonderful news!

I personally think herbal teas are fine, unless you're drinking like 10 cups a day (and probably still fine). Neither my doc in California nor my midwife here in ohio included any herbal teas on their no-no lists. During my last pregnancy I drank chamomile and a ginger tea mix that contains some licorice root. Maybe a cup every other day. This time I've had a cup of chamomile tea every night for the first month or so. Gone off it now cause I haven't been wanting it..... Anyway that's my opinion, but I can totally understand anyone who feels the need to completely avoid. :flower:

Hubby and I played the recording right before we went to sleep last night :)
We were so on edge about this first appointment, it was quite a relief to see the baby is okay!

Pearlie- Cant wait for some more scan pictures!!! :)

First tri you just eat what you can, I normally love veggies but can't touch them right now. In a few weeks it gets better then you can worry about eating properly :)

I don't even have a scan booked! But I do have my first midwife appointment on Monday yay

My first mw appointment is on Monday too :) Then private scan on Saturday. Hoping so hard that we see a heartbeat

Oh how exciting having your private scan. I'm sure you should be able to see the heartbeat.

I have my mw appointment on Wednesday hoping I'll get a scan date at the end of the week.

The first tri seems to take forever

X

Our scan will be one day after the gestation that we liost baby last time. Hoping with everything I have that all is ok in there

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->