December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

First midwife appointment today was so great and we booked a scan for Thursday :)

Any tips for dealing with headaches? I've had quite a few over the last week or so, and since I've always been an Ibuprofen person, having to take Tylenol now just doesn't seem to cut it.

On a more positive note, we broke the news to our family this weekend and it was so fun! We had different gifts for everyone to clue them in and it was great seeing them figure it out. Everyone was so excited for us! I also told my boss and coworkers, and it feels good to have the cat partially out of the bag now!

Blinker that's great news ! It bed nice to share your news :) by boss knows and one coworker who I'm close to but haven't told the rest yet , will probably just wait until my scan which seems sooo long away lol !

So glad you had a nice appointment, Luna. Hope you have a great scan Thursday.

Blinker, it must feel great to have told work. I think I'm going to tell my bosses and coworker on Wednesday, but I'm stressing out about it a little. I don't know why....I really think it will be fine, but I'm just apprehensive about it for some reason. It seems awkward. I'm 11 weeks already so this seems like a good time to do it.

Anyone else nervous about telling work? Anyone gonna wait a long time to tell? My girl friend was telling me I should wait as long as possible to tell, but I really don't see any advantage to that, at least for my personal situation.

my manager knew from pretty much as soon as I knew, but we're friends anyway. Plus I do a lot of lifting in my job so wanted her to be aware so that I'm not lifting as much

My manager knew near enough straight away as well as we are all really good friends at work so it was easy. Plus I do lifting and I needed time off for appointments but wanted to keep my holidays for maternity so I felt it was best to tell her so I didn't need to use any hours . She was lovely about it and hasn't told anyone x

With my first pregnancy I had to tell work right away since I was working at an animal hospital amd couldn't do certain things while preg. I also got a different job when I was 17 weeks :haha: maybe things are different in Canada though, an employer can't let you go, decrease hours or not hire you due to pregnancy

My boss, one coworker, 3 friends and my parents know. My boyfriend and his mum know too. Not that I think he's gonna stick around. Back to this again. 😪

I'll tell my other coworkers after my scan as I'll need them to be aware.

I'm absolutely knackered despite sleeping ok!

My husband and I told almost immediately. I told my boss so she wound understand why I suddenly needed to be at the doctors so often. She has two kids so she understands. We told our dance group by wearing shirts that said "mom-to-be" and "dad-to-be". They were ecstatic. Our parents know of course. We figured it couldn't hurt either way to let people know. So far so good. I actually feel like myself today except for being really thirsty.

I want a scan so badly :( OH doesn't understand. At one point he said he would go for it if I felt like I really needed to but by the time I hit 7 weeks and could book an early private scan he completely went back on it. He just keeps saying it's only .... Until your scan. Feel like I have already been waiting forever as it and waiting another 4 weeks is driving me crazy especially when every where I look loads of other ladies are getting early scans.

I know how you feel! We've known about this baby since 3 weeks and 3 days pregnant. Thankfully we have a scan booked on Saturday. I think I would go mad without

Blinker..Im in the same boat with headaches. I get migraines and have always taken aleve, but can't take it now and tylenol hasn't worked great for me either. I have read that staying well hydrated is important in avoiding a headache although there a lot of other triggers, some hard to avoid, like changing hormones. I find that a nap in a dark room and putting a bag of frozen peas on my forehead helps with pain. Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

I want a scan so badly :( OH doesn't understand. At one point he said he would go for it if I felt like I really needed to but by the time I hit 7 weeks and could book an early private scan he completely went back on it. He just keeps saying it's only .... Until your scan. Feel like I have already been waiting forever as it and waiting another 4 weeks is driving me crazy especially when every where I look loads of other ladies are getting early scans.

Men are seriously so ridiculous and ignorant about this stuff sometimes. My husband is the only guy I've ever dated and I kind of wish he could just turn into a lady.

He does NOT want to spend $40 on a scan, I had to basically just be like "Well, I'm going, sorry." I may be getting a scan in early june but I'm already at least 9 weeks and I really need to make sure there's a baby in there, and that baby is healthy and in the right place! I argued with him for so long and he was so freaking dense about it. He kept being like "But with Caoimhe you got ultrasounds and they were free." No, they weren't free, they were at the ER because I was bleeding! And then I got insurance! Which is still not free, just free for us! And I'm not going to go to the ER for no reason, plus you don't even get to see the screen. My last ER trip at 5 weeks cost $11,000. I'm not about to spend $20k for some bare-bones prenatal care that I can get for $40. Yes, my insurance will cover it (when it's actually an emergency) but that's paid for by actual people (like us, since we pay taxes!) and it's a huge waste of resources! Argh. Men are just. Ugh.

Oh and he went out drinking/clubbing the other night with friends and spent $50...but I'm being "extra" for wanting to spend $40 on an ultrasound :dohh:

I think you certainly have an argument for a $40 scan if he has spent more on a night out.

I know what you mean Twin it's such a long wait, I almost booked an early scan but it was either an early scan or a 4d scan later on for our little one to come with us so I decided on that instead. Only 4 weeks (hopefully) to wait. Seems such a long time away
X

Blinker..Im in the same boat with headaches. I get migraines and have always taken aleve, but can't take it now and tylenol hasn't worked great for me either. I have read that staying well hydrated is important in avoiding a headache although there a lot of other triggers, some hard to avoid, like changing hormones. I find that a nap in a dark room and putting a bag of frozen peas on my forehead helps with pain. Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

I will definitely try a cold pack on my head to see if that helps. I do already drink lots of water, so hydration shouldn't be an issue. This headache is more on the left side of my head behind my eye so I'm not sure if it's maybe sinuses or what. Taking off work a couple hours early and hoping I can kick it for good.

It does make it seem so much longer when you find out early doesn't it Laura, I got BFP bang on 3 weeks and am 8+6 now but it feels like 1st of April was months ago!

Knees, I would be furious too! How is getting blind drunk not a waste of money but you getting a scan is.

Hey I wanted to give a little update, I went to the doctor yesterday and they did a scan and baby is fine :) He was wriggling around and had a great heartbeat, so that was great to see :happydance: She thinks my subchorionic hematoma might have gotten a little bigger though :( So, she ok'd me to work from home from now until May 27th, which is awesome. I'm soo hoping that it shrinks at my next scan, on May 29th.

I'm.of.the thought that a scan doesn't change anything, the only reason I'm having one this week is that the standard here is now to have a dating scan rather than going by LMP. After that my next one is at 20 weeks and that's it. I hate trying to have a full bladder without feeling like I'm going to explode so was totally happy to just wait until 20 weeks but whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->