December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Fantastic news Poco!

That's the same as here Luna, the midwife goes off LMP until dating scan between 10-14 weeks which they then give you your EDD and then the next anomaly scan is at 20 weeks which is the last scan if it's a straight forward pregnancy.

Seems like a long time between scans but inbetween you start to feel movements which is nice :)

We are definitely having an extra scan just for our little one to come with us, we also had a 4d scan with him. With him I also had a few extra scans due to him being small, always emergency scans referred by stand in. Id wives, my midwife was never concerned she said all along she didn't expect him to be over 6lb 5oz due to my size (he was 6lb on the dot)

X

How.far along were you when he was born? My little guy was only 5lb7oz at 37+3 and people made me feel like I did something wrong but my midwife yesterday was so nice about it just saying I make small babies :)

I was 40+3 :blush:

I'm thinking Im the same, apparently a baby will only grow to a weight that e mother can give birth to, I'm hoping 6lb is my limit and I don't have a huge one this time lol

X

Hey I'm glad to have small babies though I'm hoping to make it past 38 weeks and 6 lbs this time :thumbup:

Excellent news Poco!
Knees I hope your husband comes around soon. Guys can be a little thick sometimes. But you have to do what's best for you and baby. You know your body. If an early scan will give you peace of mind by all means go for it.
AFM I have my dating scan tomorrow afternoon. It will be kool to see bubs again.

I just need to know there's a baby. Otherwise I will make myself sick over the thought of mmc and blighted ovums, and my anxiety/depression is already terrible without the added stress of pregnancy.

So glad you saw your baby Poco!

Knees I really hope your OH will change his mind about the scan.

Guess I should feel lucky to have scans every 2 weeks after 12 weeks until 20 weeks. But its reaching 12 weeks which feels such a daunting task!

My daughter was 5lb 15oz at 40 weeks and was just a tiny baby. She's now a fat chubby baby.

It has felt soooo slow waiting for my 12 week scan....but when I think that I found out on 1st April and today is 13 May, suddenly it seems to have raced by! Less than two weeks til next scan .... Please go quicker!!!

I just need to know there's a baby. Otherwise I will make myself sick over the thought of mmc and blighted ovums, and my anxiety/depression is already terrible without the added stress of pregnancy.

So glad you saw your baby Poco!

I know the feeling. After the loss last year I'm very much aware of all the things that can go wrong.
If it's going to help you, book an early scan. We have a scan on Saturday and as much as I am so very nervous about it, I know that at least then we will know if everything is ok or not. Will be 7+5

So excited for you all getting scans soon. I remember how scared I was , always thinking the worst especially with mc in the past , we can't help but worry. Just seeing that little flicker of a heartbeat on screen is so settling. I had my early scan at 8 weeks not even knowing I would get one they offered it to me cos I was nervous about my colposcopy but even now I still worry hoping everything's still okay in there I'm 10 weeks tomorrow !

Roll on second trimester for us ladies so we can relax a little and feel those little flutters and kicks ! It will be here before we know it x

Ia ctually cannot wait for flutters and kicks. And to have a bump rather than just bloat!

Same here, It is the best part of pregnancy! Well, unless you have 2 babies stuck under your rib cage for months, that kinda hurts haha! Went and wandered round Tescos this morning to see if I could find anything I fancied eating at all. Came back with apples, apple turn over and some tiger bread. Lets I can manage to have more than a few bits to eat today. The kids teacher has her 20 week scan today, wish I was that far along! lol.

I've had two scans already due to the cyst and have another before the 12 week one, which is reassuring. But they're really monitoring the cyst! I might take my DD to a private scan after 20 weeks at some point, so she can come.

Looks like I'll be doing this alone again. 😪 will be just the 3 of us.

Ah, flutters and kicks sound so cool. I'm sure we will all be there soon. I'm just livin life burger to burger- because that is all this little munchkin likes, lol. Although I think I will have a nice bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. It's so interesting. I've become a complete carnivore. All I want is ground beef and cheese.:haha:
I hope you ladies have a wonderful day and yay for early scans!

Pearlie, keep your head up sweetie. Everything is gonna be just fine. Karma has a way of finding everyone. He will pay, one way or the other. But you do have us.:hugs:

Great news poco :)
Erm my oh thinks were having twins...I tested positive 2 weeks in and I'm exhausted...way more than previous pregnancies. Also getting stretching and hip pain early on and am already sporting a little bump. Just want to get scanned now so we know either way. Not sure quite how I feel about the idea seeing as we already have 2!

Aw Pearlie, I'm so sorry. You've got it rough, but I know you have the strength to get though this. And like Ladybug said, you have us. Maybe not the same, but you'll have a lot of support and caring.

Twinmum, what is tiger bread? I think I want some.

I'm looking forward to feeling flutters too. But even more, I'm just looking foward to week 14, or whenever the shitty first tri symptoms end. I could barely keep my eyes open past 7 pm last night. Blah.

:hugs: Pearlie. I'm so sorry he's made that decision. You will be ok (as you know) and I'm sure he'll regret it one day.
I'm also looking forward to the end of 1st tri and also feeling the baby move. :cloud9:

Elma it's really nice, slight different taste to normal bread, extremely soft and light inside but a crunchy and chewy crust. It's called tiger bread because of the cracks and marks it gets in it when it's baking. Can get fresh loaves of it at every supermarket bakery here. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->