December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Hi ladies. I woke up a few times in the night with a sharp pain that feels like stitch on my left side....not in my uterus but way up in my rib cage. I actually thought it was in my dream but had it again about 10 minutes ago. Lasts seconds and is happening ever 30 mins or so. Is this related to heartburn?! I've never had heartburn before so not sure!

Hmmm... No, that doesn't sound like heartburn at all. Maybe something stretching in your rib cage itself? Ligament or whatnot? Your ribcage is supposed to expand quite a bit during pregnancy.

Nikie, no idea what it is, but I got it around a week back, just a few times. Didn't last for long and I think its nothing bad..

2 weeks, 11 hours and 40 mins until my first scan ... Not like I am counting or anything.
:haha:

Hi all. Had my 12wk scan on thurs. All good. Baby measuring ahead-edd now dec 1st. Nuchal measurement was 2.0 so just waiting on the bloods-fx. Baby was fast asleep. Had to do coughing pelvic thrusts and hip rocking to wake it up!

Are you all Getting the NT tests? I dunno if there's any point x

Nikie, no idea what it is, but I got it around a week back, just a few times. Didn't last for long and I think its nothing bad..

Sorry, I've been at Silverstone all day! Well, after posting on here I didn't get it again! But I did get genuine heartburn this evening so I definitely know the difference now! Thanks ladies xx

Hi and congrats nessaw. :)

Pearly, it is a very personal decision. I did not have the test last time and will not this time thou I do understand why many people choose to. Things to possibly consider to help you decide:
-The NT test is very innacurate so would you want to have further testing such as an amnio to find out for certain or be happy not knowing either way until the birth with that high positive lingering in your mind.
- Any other defects such as heart problems which can sometimes occur in babies with downs syndrome can be picked up on at the annomily scan so you can find out about other possible defects without having an answer to the downs testing.
- Would the outcome of the testing change your plans for the pregnancy.
- Would knowing in advance make any difference to you.

Some people like to know as much as possible in advance but I personally feel that since I would never agree to any further testing I would rather not have that hanging over my head and googling everything going for months on end and stressing myself out over something that possibly will not even be happening. There will be plenty nurses and doctors at the hospital to provide all the support and information I need if baby were to be born with downs syndrome.

Pearlie we are not doing the nt scan. Just the verifi DNA test. I would love to do the scan but hubby feels it is redundant and the other test is more reliable and tests for more stuff. Plus you find out the sex of the baby with it. Now I can't wait to get home so I can have the blood work done. Hubby won't let us announce until we know baby is healthy. One more week until verifi.

We are also not doing the NT scan. We have minimal risk to begin with, and I feel that it would just cause me unnecessary stress.

I have to share my announcement photos with you all that I decided to post to Facebook today. After editing them, I just couldn't wait any longer!

https://i58.tinypic.com/am6ot4.jpg
https://i59.tinypic.com/27zxmrc.jpg

That's really adorable, blinker! Love the lil booties.

I'm having the NT screening on Tuesday--in two days! My main reason for doing so is that I get to have an an ultrasound so Ill get to see babe. But also, if there were something wrong I would want to know, just to prepare myself and what not. My insurance does not offer the DNA testing unless the NT screening is abnormal. I'm only offered the NT screening cause I'll be 35 when babe is born. If I had to pay out of pocket I would definitely not be doing it.

We will be doing the nt scan. I don't care if baby has Down syndrome, that wouldn't change anything, but I would want to make sure that baby didn't have anything incompatible with life because I can't take a doomed baby to term, that would be too much on my psyche. Plus giving birth almost killed me last time and that's a factor. Plus I've always been one to think knowledge is power. I would want to also know if there were any health problems, such as heart issues, we needed to address before birth to ensure baby survived. And it's noninvasive. I wouldn't do an amnio.

My next scan is either June 6 or June 23.... I really hope it's sooner rather than later just to make sure there's only one baby because I'm too paranoid!

Ps: I can totally feel baby moving. And I'm 100% sure this time unlike a few weeks ago. So AWESOME.

I chose not.to do any of.the genetic testing this time, I don't qualify for a free nt scan and the blood tests they do now you don't get results until almost 20 weeks. We decided to do our detailed scan at 19 weeks so if there is any obvious problems we still have time.to do a quad screen if we want

Ah blinker they are so cute!!!! :)

No not nt scan for me either as it wouldnt effect the outcome of the pregnancy.

I have my consultant appointment tomorrow and I'm hoping I'll be able to get my 12 week scan date out of them.

We're announcing at my wife's 30th birthday party on June 13th when I'll be 11+5. Would be nice if it was before that but I'm doubtful it will be.

A couple of times I think I've felt movement almost like a pop or as if I'm get gently tapped. Most of what I can remember from last time was them both loving a bit of a roll around and getting knees and elbows sticking everywhere!

A couple of times I think I've felt movement almost like a pop or as if I'm get gently tapped. Most of what I can remember from last time was them both loving a bit of a roll around and getting knees and elbows sticking everywhere!

That's how it feels for me too mostly, I felt it at 11 weeks last time. It's super light, almost a bubbly feeling. Like a butterfly fluttering in my pelvis lol. I can't wait for my next u/s so I can have proof I'm feeling it move and tell people without them calling me crazy.

Had the NT screening day, which went very well, though still have to wait for blood work to get the full report. The ultrasound tech said it looks like I'm having a BOY! She said they've done an internal study at that (very large) facility, and they correctly predict gender 80 percent of the time at 12-14 weeks. So pretty good odds..but might be a girl still. Though Im happy either way!

In other news, they moved my due date foward 4 days. Officially due in November :cry: If baby does come in November, I really hope it's before thanksgiving, so there's more room in my tummy to pig out! :munch: Although...I don't know who will be cooking dinner if I have a newborn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->