December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

This is so completely random and I keep trying to put it from my mind as until the scan I cannot know either way, but did anyone use opk's on the cycle they conceive and their scan date match up with when they think they ovulated? How accurate actually are they?

I used opk's on cd10, 11, 12 & 13 and they were all negative. I usually have a 26 day cycle, one just before I got pregnant was 25 days so I was predicted to ovulate on cd12. I think the very first one I did on cd10 was ever so slightly darker but still a long way from positive. I couldn't have ovulated after I stopped using the opk's as I started getting nausea from cd19 and had a very strong immediate positive on cd22. I am assuming that if the opk's were correct and I did not ovulate at or after cd10, then I must have ovulated at or before cd9. I am really hoping I will get put forward 5 days at my scan since the EDD based on LMP goes by a woman ovulating on cd14.

:cry: Sorry to hear this, Aurora :hugs: I hope Baby A continues to have no issues :hugs:

Poco, That is great news, and lovely pictures.
Aurora, Great pictures, and I am truly sorry for your loss.:hugs:

This is so completely random and I keep trying to put it from my mind as until the scan I cannot know either way, but did anyone use opk's on the cycle they conceive and their scan date match up with when they think they ovulated? How accurate actually are they?

I used opk's on cd10, 11, 12 & 13 and they were all negative. I usually have a 26 day cycle, one just before I got pregnant was 25 days so I was predicted to ovulate on cd12. I think the very first one I did on cd10 was ever so slightly darker but still a long way from positive. I couldn't have ovulated after I stopped using the opk's as I started getting nausea from cd19 and had a very strong immediate positive on cd22. I am assuming that if the opk's were correct and I did not ovulate at or after cd10, then I must have ovulated at or before cd9. I am really hoping I will get put forward 5 days at my scan since the EDD based on LMP goes by a woman ovulating on cd14.

(i attached my chart from this cycle, maybe that will help.)

FF said i ovulated on CD12, and i got a positive HPT at 10dpo (the 9dpo was negative, but when i look at the progression now, it looks positive:shrug:) had a positive urine test at 12dpo at the OBGYN clinic, but didn't get blood work done until weeks later.

when i went in for a dating scan at 6w+2d, baby was measuring 6w+5d. so, that would be more in line with FF's cd12 guess.

then i went in at 8w even to a japanese clinic (i start spotting and i lost babyjump around then, so i got really nervous, but the on base clinic here does nothing:roll:) and the doctor actually looked at my FF chart and guessed that i ovulated on cd9, then looked at baby, who was measuring 8w+5d, which would be pretty much spot on for cd9.:shrug:

and THEN i went in for my official OB appointment on base at 9w+3d (LMP) and baby was measuring 10w+1d. so, again, 5 days ahead of a "typical" cd14 ovulation.

so basically i would say that ovulating early and measuring ahead is entirely possible. i would also say that once they do a scan and measure and give you an estimated due date, you end up just counting based on that and the whole LMP counting seems to not really matter (especially when it's only a matter of 4-5 days) or maybe that's just me? that or my baby is just a giant?!:rofl:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 7.47.17 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 7.47.17 AM.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1
I'm so sorry Aurora, I also lost one twin during this pregnancy. Its such a mix of emotions, PM me if you want to chat. xx

I'm sorry aurora, I had the same thing happen with my first pregnancy :hugs:

I had my 12 week scan this morning, though I'm supposed to be 12 weeks tomorrow. Baby B hasn't made it. She said baby stopped growing probably very soon after my first appointment (at 9w 4d), and is almost gone. Only measures just over 6 weeks. :cry: :sad1:

She said Baby A is looking perfect and shouldn't experience any problems from this. I go back in a week just to make sure. I have a couple scans to share of Baby A. <3

(I guess I need my group listing changed from twins to singleton and an angel. :sad2: )

oh that's such bittersweet news.
i hope baby A continues to do well and let yourself grieve however you need to for baby B.:hugs:

Poco, glad your scan went well.

Aurora, so sorry about your loss. Loved the picture of BabyA, especially the one from back side of the baby.

Twinmom, I used ovulations kits during the cycle I have conceived. Ovulated on CD15 and both the scans I had (8+ and 12 week) confirmed the fetal age matching with ovln date.

I'm so so sorry Aurora. I can't imagine dealing with both good news and the worst news at the same time. I will keep Baby A in my thoughts and my fingers crossed for his/her continued healthy.

I had my 12 week scan this morning, though I'm supposed to be 12 weeks tomorrow. Baby B hasn't made it. She said baby stopped growing probably very soon after my first appointment (at 9w 4d), and is almost gone. Only measures just over 6 weeks. :cry: :sad1:

She said Baby A is looking perfect and shouldn't experience any problems from this. I go back in a week just to make sure. I have a couple scans to share of Baby A. <3

https://i.imgur.com/SxluAqE.png

https://i.imgur.com/PwSnhCo.png

(I guess I need my group listing changed from twins to singleton and an angel. :sad2: )

So sorry Aurora. Glad that the other baby is looking good.

I used the dual digital ones which were useless! I started using them cd8 onwards which were negative. I then started getting the high fertility flashing smilie for 8 days in a row before I gave up! It never caught my peak surge. There was I thinking that i hadn't ovulated and I was pregnant!

So sorry for your loss Aurora. I'm sure baby A will make it though.

Poco lovely picture :)

Thanks jumpingo, indina ma, willow.

Jumpingo, last time I had no clue about all this ovulation timing stuff and my scan ended up measuring me bang on for my LMP. That's why I want to hurry up and get my scan because if the OPK's were corect and I did ovulate early I want to know what date I am going off. 9 days seems forever away still haha!

Willow, I was like that, I got really upset thinking I had stopped ovulating as for 8 cyclec before hand tracking I had clear signs of fertile stage from cd9-13 every time then suddenly I had no signs of ovulation what so ever the month prior to and the 1st month of ttc. Was shaking for hours when the test came up positive!

My hip is getting worse, absolute agony. Just had to quickly nip to the post office and pretty much now I can only manage very very short distances, i.e. walking about the house but I have to keep sitting down. Saw GP during the week and he refused to do anything saying they cannot do investigations whilst I am pregnant to find out what it is. Don't know what to do.

Id go back to the GP. If the pain is severe and is affecting your daily life, they have to do what they can

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->