December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Just looked on GP online appointment booking service, only a handful of appointments left for the entire week. There are 9 GP's at tht surgery and the only ones with availablity is the 1 GP that is an absolute A hole and never listens, always fobs you off, and the GP I saw last time who refused to investigate. Why can't anything just be simple. Mum keeps mithering me to ring NHS Direct but the most I will get from that is an out of hours GP app at the hospital, if they book one at all.

Aurora, I'm so sad to hear the loss of the twin, but glad to hear/see that baby A is thriving. It sounds like such an emotionally complicated experience.

Poco, your scans look great, thanks for sharing!

Twinmum, I'm sorry that your pain has gotten so much worse. Even when not pregnant, I tend to get lots of random joint pain, and ibuprofen is my best friend. Reducing the inflammation is just the ticket for that kind of thing. Too bad it's advised against during pregnancy. I wonder if there might be a different anti inflammatory that is safe? I know naproxin/alieve is out. Maybe something with a prescription? Sucks that your doc won't help.

Aurora I'm sorry for your loss and I pray for the continued health of baby A.

Twin mum do you think it is spd? The pain is from your hip joints loosening and sliding. I've been getting it on and off for the last few weeks so I'm getting a pregnancy yoga/pilates dvd and seeing if that helps plus sleeping with a pillow between my knees and ankles works. Been researching all the positions that put pressure on the hip joints and it's pretty much all the ways I was comfy before pregnancy :( you can get pelvic support belts aswell? Don't know if they're any good as not had this before!

I don't know because it's only on 1 side, not sure if that is possible. It's just pretty much all the pain is round the front and sciatic nerve runs down the buttock and down the back of the leg so really not sure it is sciatica either. My whole leg aches but the pain is down the front of my thigh and thru my whole hip, into my pelvic bone type area and in the right side of my abdomen.

Twinmum I highly recommend seeing a chiropractor. I get awful SI joint pain in pregnancy, it's the joint where your spine meets the pelvis and it causes horrible.pain in one hip while walking. Doctors are morons when it comes to stuff like this, my ob last pregnancy said to just.live.with it but luckily I ignored him and saw my chiro regularly and it helped so much. This time around I am alternating between chiro and RMT and I have virtually no pain at all right now. My midwife also recommended trying an osteopath if it gets really bad towards the end again

Twinmum all my pgs have measured to ov date rather than lmp. I tend to ov cd12 of a 26day cycle.
Like willow my cb fertility monitor only gave me highs the month I got pg this time but the one on cd12 looked peak to me when out of the machine.

Poco ur scan pics are so clear and really cute :) so happy for u !

Aurora I am so sorry for your loss , so bittersweet for u :( xx

I am phoning mw tomorrow and try to get booked into Dr again. New fun addition to the pain, tense my abdominal muscles even slightly and it causes horrendous pain. That will sure make giving birth interesting ....

The abdominal pain may very well be round ligament pain. Sudden, and sharp? I get it when I seeeze, or even sometimes when I cough or roll over in bed. I think that SHOULD be fine by the time you go into labor.

The pain is there constantly but if I sneeze, take a deep breath in, cough etc it get very intense it's horrible. Didn't get pains this bad with my twins. :(

Thank you, ladies. We still haven't told anybody about the pregnancy aside from my best friend, so there's not really any support system other than BnB. As a few of you mentioned, yes it was very bittersweet news, so many conflicting emotions. But we're ok. I'm trying to make sure we don't stop feeling joy over Baby A, because once that happens it can be nearly impossible to climb out of that black hole.

Twinmum, I'm so so sorry you're having so much pain. It sounds absolutely horrible. I'm just shocked by how many times I hear that doctors won't lift a pinkie to see what's wrong with a woman, just because she's pregnant. I would put my foot down and demand somebody help me. I'd get furious, loud, and possibly nasty depending on whether they continued to shrug me off. But I'm bipolar so 1). It never surprises anybody when I go on a tirade, and 2). I learned the hard way that, all too often, people (usually women unfortunately) have to really get loud and not back down before doctors finally believe them and do something. (Getting help for things like depression and bipolar can be like trying to get a warm hug from a brick wall).

I really hope somebody listens to you soon and that you get some relief. You shouldn't have to suffer like this for months on end. :hugs:

Huge hugs Aurora and keep strong. Like you say keep focusing on your baby and keeps smiling and jumping for joy at every little mile stone. :) The pain of the loss will not go away but having a little life inside of you will help you carry on and get you thru. :) Over time things will get easier to deal with, it never feels OK that it happened or goes away completely but it stops being so raw and so painful. Just takes time xx

I think I will make a fuss tomorrow if I still don't feel completely better. I have my guinea pig at the vets for an operation today and helping out at the kids little school trip after lunch so get all that out the way then it's war haha!

Fingers crossed that I do not jinx myself, but I am feeling much better today. The pain is minimal when I am still, it isn't as sharp when I sneeze etc and even thou it does still hurt a lot when I am moving about even on crutches it is at no where near the level it was in the previous 3 days so hopefully it was just a trapped nerve which is now free so just having the after effects and that nerve was probably exaggerating the effects of normal round ligament pain.

Hi ladies how are you all :) I have told my co workers so now the cat is well and truly out of the bag :) have my 13 week scan in 2 days time ! Cannot believe how fast it's come around ! So excited

All super exciting!
My coworkers msotly know as well. We're a really small office, though. Only 6 of us

Very exciting Stacey!

I was a total muppit this morning and thought it would be a brilliant idea to do the school run with no crutches as my hip just really ached and I could move it properly and put my foot all the way onto the floor ... bad idea. :/ I ended up hobbling back to the car park and and now back to barely moving and crawling around the house when I need to as it hurts so much to walk even on crutches.

Huge hugs Aurora, I hope baby A keeps thriving :hugs:

Best of luck with your scan Stacey! So exciting. I might book my gender scan soon to have something to look forward to! :haha: I haven't so much as a doctors appt for the next 10 weeks.

So sorry you're in so much pain twinmum, Are you going back to the docs soon?

Only two more days in 1st tri, I'm strangely excited to get out of it!! With the mmc I've been stuck in first tri for most of the last 7 months... Bring on the bumpage!

I haven't told my coworkers or bosses yet - want to avoid that as long as possible! I'm hoping they decide to promote me BEFORE they find out. I don't want to have to fight that fight... We will see I guess!

I've been having some round ligament pain as well, I think? Just a bit, but twinges and stretching feelings that are both kind of neat and kind of annoying. Feel like I'm definitely expanding a little bit, but no one can tell yet at all!

Hello ladies....just a quick one! On my scan pic I notice that it says 10.7cm at the top....that can't be the baby?! I'm 13 weeks 3 days now but was 12 weeks 2 days at the scan! What does this measurement relate to? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->