December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Well not got off to the best start with the midwives....got a phone call yesterday saying my bpoking in appointment was meant to have started 10min ago! Turns out the date they printed on my letter was a week late! They've rescheduled me for this Friday but not exactly full of confidence right now....

2nd time, that sounds really frustrating. But I guess it's better than having actually gone to the appointment and being told it was a week later. I almost went to my last appointment a day earlier than it was scheduled. I was all ready and nearly out the door, and thought to check my calander one more time. Oops wrong day. Completely my fault though. :winkwink:

Twinmum, you have my sympathy. I sure hope you find some much needed relief. Please take it (really) easy, if you can.

Stacey, So you have your scan..tomorrow? Thats's so soon. Cant wait to hear about it!

Nikie, at my last ultrasound I was 13+4 and my baby measured 8.1 cm "crown-to-rump", which I believe is the standard measurement of baby size. And I was told that was a actually a few mm longer than expected for 13+4. So, I'm guessing at 12+2 too 10.7 cm would not have been the baby measurement, cause you'd have to be...14 or 15 weeks. My guess is 10.7 cm is the scale of the image. But who knows :shrug:

Any one else keeping a close eye on weight gain? I'm determined not to gain as much as last time, but's it's tough. They say "only eat an extra 300 calories" a day. But I don't count calories! I just try to eat only when hungry, and lots of fruits and veggies. But man, my body just seems programmed to put on the pounds! Fun stuff :winkwink:

Did anyone count calories in their first pregnancies (or now) and find that helped them keep the weight gain to the "healthy" range?

Ha hell no I just eat whatever I can stomach to eat. My portions have gotten smaller! I'm just making sure I'm eating when I'm hungry not bored stressed etc.
Like you I've been trying to chuck on extra veg but if a chocolate brioche roll is what I fancy I bloody well have it! ;)

So far, I've lost around 7 pounds since I got pregnant, so I'm not being careful with what I eat yet. I'm staying away from sugar pretty strictly (I only eat fruit, no desserts, sugary drinks etc), but that's only because it gives me headaches. Once I start gaining (which I am sure will be soon) I'll try to just eat as healthy as I can but won't count calories. I might start if I get close to going over the "healthy range" though. Most all women in my family gained a ton of weight while pregnant, so I am worried about it!

Hello I know I am late but can I join in? My husband and I have gone through seven years of infertility treatments and on April 23 we got our first ever BFP!! We have had two ultrasounds so far and little bambino is growing well :) Our due date is Dec 31 and we will not know until August what we are having :) I look forward to getting to know you all!

Any one else keeping a close eye on weight gain? I'm determined not to gain as much as last time, but's it's tough. They say "only eat an extra 300 calories" a day. But I don't count calories! I just try to eat only when hungry, and lots of fruits and veggies. But man, my body just seems programmed to put on the pounds! Fun stuff :winkwink:

Did anyone count calories in their first pregnancies (or now) and find that helped them keep the weight gain to the "healthy" range?

I lost over 100 pounds prior to getting pregnant, so keeping weight gain under control throughout my pregnancy is really important to me. I counted calories when losing the weight and have continued (most of the time) to do so. So far, I've only gained about a pound. Now, if I could just find the energy to exercise, I feel like I'd be in good shape!

I've been very enthusiastically watching prenatal yoga and pilates videos on you tube....however it is just watching so far! ;)

Hello ladies....just a quick one! On my scan pic I notice that it says 10.7cm at the top....that can't be the baby?! I'm 13 weeks 3 days now but was 12 weeks 2 days at the scan! What does this measurement relate to? Thanks!
They were probably measuring the sac since that is bigger than baby would be yet

Congrats mrs :)

Congrats mrs! Welcome!

I am not counting calories. I keep a pretty steady diet. I'm also pretty active so I'm not too worried. Honestly I think it's gonna be hard for me to gain weight, lol. Ive never been over 110 in my life and it took me forever to get there. Haha.

Congrats and welcome Mrsverhey! It's nice to see a fellow Michigander here, I'm originally from the Cadillac area :)

Congrats Mrsverhey!

I never calorie count as 300 calories in one food does a completely different thing to your body than 300 calories in another food, plus it has been proven the calorie count on most products is incorrect and the way your body uses to calories changes depending on whether its eaten raw, cooked, hot or cold as the properties of the food change.

I was weighed 4 times with my twins, I was weighed just before I got pregnant too. 14+5 I had gained 2lb, 25 weeks 5lb, 28 weeks 9lb and 34 weeks 2st 11lb in total. Lost 2 st just by having them.

This time I have only been weighed at 7+6 weeks so far so no clue if I have gained weight yet. I am guessing they will weigh me after my first scan like last time.

I'm already plus sized, and so I'm actually only supposed to gain 15- 25 lbs or LESS! I have always gone up and down in weight, and know how easy it is to gain a lot of weight quickly (and lose it slowly...) so I'm pretty nervous about it. However, that hasn't stopped me from indulging my constant need for food - just trying to make as many healthy choices as I can. Other than my Tim Horton's Ice Caps (now that I can't seem to drink coffee or other hot drinks...)

So far I've gained about 5 lbs or less. Definitely hoping to stay under the 25 lb mark total, but whatever happens I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I have lost weight before and I can do it again! Nutrition is important to me though, trying to make sure I'm getting tons of healthy vegetables and oils, and good protien (I'm a vegetarian, so watching calcium and protien - lots of eggs and yogurt in my diet!)

Hello I know I am late but can I join in? My husband and I have gone through seven years of infertility treatments and on April 23 we got our first ever BFP!! We have had two ultrasounds so far and little bambino is growing well :) Our due date is Dec 31 and we will not know until August what we are having :) I look forward to getting to know you all!

Congrats!

Thanks ladies for the warm welcome! We are so excited!! We have a family bbq set up to tell our familys the weekend of June 20th as we will be over the 12 week mark then!! I am so exctied for that weekend we just cant wait! We have had two scans already both showed a healthy baby first one was at 5+6 and we heard a hearbeat of 114 then the next scan was at 6+4 and again heard the heartbeat and it was between 154-160 I cant wait till June 15th we get to have another scan the last one till our anatomy scan in August :)

Congrats and welcome Mrsverhey! It's nice to see a fellow Michigander here, I'm originally from the Cadillac area :)

Thats awesome we are south of Cadillac we live in the area of Cedar Springs and I work at the childrens hospital in Grand Rapids! Where are you located now?

Hi mrsV. Glad you've joined us. Congrats on the BFP!

image.jpg

Our little bubs! It was so fun to see the little one floating around in there:cloud9:

Welcome MrsV! Wow, 7 years and your very first bfp...that's wonderful! :hugs:

Ladybug - beautiful scan!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"