December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Thats awesome we are south of Cadillac we live in the area of Cedar Springs and I work at the childrens hospital in Grand Rapids! Where are you located now?

I live in the Boston area now, but I went to school at Grand Valley and lived the GR area for about five years :) That is so cool that you work at the children's hospital, it must be great to help kids!! I work for a pharmaceutical company here, in the compliance department. I'm lucky I work with nice people, so I like my job :flower: Congrats again on your bfp, we tried for five years before I got pregnant, so I can sympathize with LTTTC struggle! So happy we both made it here!

Ok so I just checked out the chinese gender calendar thing and calculated out my previous pregnancies, and all 3 were wrong, lol. So I figure I'll take the opposite of what it predicts this time and run with it. It predicts a boy, so I'm thinking girl. :lol:

Anybody else have this happen multiple times as well? We're staying team yellow, but it's fun to speculate!

Ugh. It's been a really rough week. On Saturday I found out that my favorite teacher in high school died suddenly. My high school was a small art school and it was a very close knit school. We all keep in touch, teachers and students alike. Mr. Newsom was my mass media/film teacher for the last two years of school and he really changed my life. He was so important to me, he helped me get through my dad's death years after graduation, last year he got to meet my daughter finally and that was the last time I ever saw him :cry: I am so distraught. His funeral was yesterday. It was nice to see so many students from his classes over the years come to say goodbye. But it was an open casket and that was hellish. He was only 60 but he had a heart attack. It's so unfair. I don't deal with loss well, I haven't really experienced it much. Before this, I'd only ever lost my grandma and my dad, and don't get me wrong losing my dad has been the worst and hardest thing ever, but both of their deaths were not surprises, they were both sick for a long time, my dad was sick my entire life. This is such a shock, and it's so unfair, and I don't know how to deal with it. It doesn't help that outside of my circle of fellow alumni, nobody seems to understand how close we all were to each other and our teachers at my school. I'm going to miss him so much. :cry:

Sorry for that, I needed to get it off my chest, it's been really crappy. In terms of baby I feel good, my uterus is rapidly rising up which is comforting but the ligament pain sucks, it seems like every time I cough or stretch or get up its like someone stabbing me in the stomach. But it's reassuring to have those feelings as my nausea has finally begun fading. I feel the flutters briefly on most days but until I have my next ultrasound I will still doubt myself and tell myself I'm being dramatic or crazy, thanks to people not believing it's possible.

Jeez I'm a ball of sunshine today. Sorry! Hope everyone is well and feeling as good as they can haha!

Oh also - anyone have any suggestions for relieving headaches without Tylenol? The only pain meds we have are ibuprofen and naproxen, and Tylenol PM which I'd rather not take bc diphenhydramine makes me feel very irritable and anxious. But I've been getting headaches constantly. And the other car is in the shop for two weeks and my husband is at work or school pretty much 24/7 and between those two issues we keep forgetting to get Tylenol for me :dohh:

Huge hugs knees. xx Not really sure on the headaches, I usually migraines so things like staying in a quiet place, drinking water, not watching tv or using computer etc. Some people use a cold compress on their forehead but I find a warm one helps more for me.

Aurora, I have tried 7 different chinese calendars, 4 said boy, 3 said girl lol! Last time I had b/g.

Ok so I just checked out the chinese gender calendar thing and calculated out my previous pregnancies, and all 3 were wrong, lol. So I figure I'll take the opposite of what it predicts this time and run with it. It predicts a boy, so I'm thinking girl. :lol:

Anybody else have this happen multiple times as well? We're staying team yellow, but it's fun to speculate!

I'm the complete opposite. Its been right all 3 times. It predicts a girl, so I'll go with that.

massive hugs knees. Sorry to hear about your teacher :-(

I'm tiiiiiired of commuters. I have pain in my hip at the moment and I got one of those "baby on board" badges. Why won't people MOVE?! And then they still barge you out of the way when you're trying to get to a seat. I don't like to ask to sit down because of invisibile disabilities, but I think I might start saying "If you don't need the seat, can I sit down please?"
It's just hard because this bloody hip/butt muscle hurts so much that standing up for twenty minutes in the morning is quite literally a pain in the ass

Ladybug, I love that scan! Your baby is adorable!! And that cute little hand/fist is too much. I had that in my scan too. Isn't amazing they can see all the individual hand bones this early?! How far along are you? Did you ask them to take a gender guess?

Knees, I'm so sorry for your loss. and that no one seems to understand. Could you ask a neighbor for some Tylenol? Or just make your husband get it? Or go get it after he gets home?

Laura, that sucks about your hip. I hope it gets better soon, or people at least start to let you sit on the bus. Seems like a lot of us are starting get pregnancy pains.

Twinmum, how are you feeling?

Walk around with an I am pregnant top on, people might let you sit down. :p Hope your hip gets better soon.

Seem to be getting better thanks Elma, I can walk short distances without any crutches now, mostly just have an intense ache rather than the full on pain unless I push myself too much.

Finished wrapping the kids birthday presents and picked everything up for baking and decorating their cakes. Alicia wants Frozen and Elliott wants Ninjago. They stay at their dads Fri night so only get to see them before school on Fri morning. :( Presents on Fri, Cake and a home made meal of their choice on Sat then visit to Eureka on Sunday. :) Scan Monday!

Been a long day !

On the way to work this morning (my fiance drives me) a car went into the side of us (just pulled straight out of a junction into the drivers side) and jolted me a bit. I was worried so phoned in work and decided to go home and check baby with my
doppler, thank god everything seems ok. Seems like fiances car is a right-off though ! I feel so sorry for him, he takes such pride in his car.

So I've hung out with my mum all day. We got an ice-cream up the sea front, I am so bloated !!! I've started getting 'you should be ashamed of yourself' looks because although I'm only 11 weeks, because I'm bloated you can tell I'm pregnant. I look so young older people give me 'the look' I feel like screaming "I am 24 years old, engaged to my high school sweetheart, I have a degree in biomedical science, I have a full time job and I own a house" but to be honest even if I was a single teenage mum they have no right to judge anyone !

Had my scan today ended up bringing my dd forward to the 5th Dec.

I've just finished my job so no more commuting into central London for me anymore but I feel your pain having done it with my last pregnancy with a prolapsed disc n my lower spine, SPD and sciatica its definitely no walk in the park lol.

xxx

Attachments

• 1433425960948-1729608065.jpg
    1433425960948-1729608065.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 7
Yeah it is really annoying how nasty and judgmental people can be. I used to get all sorts of nasty comments being called a 14 yr old sl@g and got shunned by other mums at play groups. I was 21, married, owned my own home and we both worked full time. Just before christmas I was buying some clothes for the kids and the cashier was going 'aww isn't that top lovely, is it for a nephew?' I said no it's all for my children. 'You don't look old enough to have kids' .... Urgh. I got asked for proof of ID to sign for a food shopping delivery at 26 because they wouldn't believe I was 18. It gets very annoying. Still always get asked if my parents are home when sales people knock on the door ....

Elma I'm about 12 weeks. The scan was awesome. Little one was just swimming about happy as a lark in there.

Twinmum I can totally relate. I'm 26 but I look 14. Everyone thinks I am young.

Hiya ladies! Had my 12 week scan yesterday, everything looked great! Baby was in there doing BACK FLIPS and all!! So amazing to watch.

I feel you ladies on looking young, I feel like i could be almost 30 and people would still give me the "Awww, poor young girl. Her mother didnt teach her well and now she's ruined her life". Just keep your head held high cause only you know your story :)

Only 2 days left of first tri!!!!! :happydance::happydance:

Had my scan today and everything was perfect ! Got to take videos little one just looked so cute already ! Over the moon , smiling non stop all day

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 7
Glad your scans went so well Indhira and Stacey!

Glad there are at least a few of us going thru the looking much younger thing! We can stick 2 fingers up at the ignorant judgmental people together. :p

Hey ladies, I hope you are all ok just stopping by to update you on the twins. I had my 12 week scan today and thankfully both babies are doing well, they measure the same and my due date is now Dec 11th xx

Attachments

• 12 week 4.6.15.jpg
    12 week 4.6.15.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Twin 1 12 week 4 June 15.jpg
    Twin 1 12 week 4 June 15.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 3
Awk gorgeous ! Ur scan pics are lovely and glad all is well ! Great news x

I love everyone's scans!!

We had a doctor appointment today and were able to hear baby's heartbeat, which was 169bpm. I swear I was holding my breath for those seconds before she found it, and it was such sweet music to my ears! Our ultrasound was at 7w2d and we won't get another until 18-20 weeks, so I was really counting on that heartbeat!

It's so exciting on here with everyone getting scans and getting to hear heartbeats. It good stuff. And it's great that babies are all looking/sounding healthy!

Now, if only someone would mistake ME for a teenage mother, I'd be over the moon! I'd even be happy to be mistaken for being in my 20's :haha:

Lovely scan pictures ladies....

Welcome and congrats Mrsverhey

Laura, hope you feel better soon

All younger looking moms, you are lucky except for these judgmental looks/comments.... Elma:haha: I will love to get such comments too... I started life and kids a little late.. had my first at 33 and second is going to be at 37

I had OB appointment today...HB 150, such a heavenly sound!! Anatomy scan scheduled for July 11th. They will scan to assess the cervix condition too then...

Got the 12th week combined screening results for dawn syndrome and trisomy 18... 1 in 476 and 1 in 15000....I am little relaxed now...
But then each day brings new issues... just lost a bit of mucus plug and worried... I have dilated a bit at this point - 14 weeks - during my last pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->