December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Elma - Great news! So glad baby is ok.

Jessilou - Lovely scan! I love watching them move about! Especially before you can feel them, it's so strange, lol.

Ah I told the kids last night and they just went crazy with excitement jumping up and down and hugging each other and me and my oh...my dd even got a bit teary and ds was shouting "I'm gonna be a big brother!"
One of my favourite moments ever :)

That sounds so adorable!!

Oh I'm dreading the part where people come up to your newborn constantly in public. I once had an old lady come to my cart and start touching my daughter and I was just standing there like ummmm wat

People are so weird :shrug:

omg and Laura - I love how much people like to get up in your financial business when you're pregnant. Like does it matter if you spent a fortune on getting pregnant or if you spent nothing on getting pregnant? I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT. People's sense of decency and social aptitude just completely goes away when they see a pregnant lady.

It's not just newborns! When Reuben was about 8 months old, an elderly lady came up to me and literally shook her fist in my face whilst yelling 'you look after him'. Er...does it look like I'm not?!

It's officially a boy for me :blue: More importantly, the DNA testing showed very low risk for all the chromosomal birth defects.

I need to buy maternity pants this weekend. Don't think I can make it another week at work in my current pants.

Congrats on your little man!

Arrrghhhh.....I've had the most dreadful nights sleep thanks to my son. He woke up at 2 wanting to come into our bed. We tried resisting for a bit but gave in but I never sleep well when he's in bed with us as he's such a wriggle worm. I woke up super early as well although my OH and DS are still asleep. Grrrr....

It's not just newborns! When Reuben was about 8 months old, an elderly lady came up to me and literally shook her fist in my face whilst yelling 'you look after him'. Er...does it look like I'm not?!

Yikes! That's really weird. I bet things like that are so unnerving. I've never had anything like that happen luckily. What I do get are looks. You know, the "Ooooo look at you with babies, and you're just a baby!" And of course the quick glances at my ring finger. I look realllllly young for my age, most recently I was guessed to be 21-22 (I'm 31). My son was born 2 days before I turned 20, my daughter a month before I turned 24, and oh the looks. And now that I live in the south (highly religious area) I get those looks even more and I swear to you that people actually look DISAPPOINTED when they glance at my ring finger and see the shiny there! I had to be without my ring for a week while it got cleaned and repaired and the looks I would catch...ugh. It was like "hmm is she married? Ooooh she's not....oh my...SCANDALOUS!!!!!" :roll:

Great news Elmawg, wish we did DNA testing here can't wait for 20 weeks. Great scans everyone, I'm working today could so do with being in bed xx

Aw congratulations on the :blue: Elma! So lovely knowing early on.

Oh I had lots of people stopping us in the street when our LO was born, I don't mind to an extent but it gets a bit annoying after a while. What was more annoying was that even up to about 9 months when he would wear all blue and people would still say "oh isn't she beautiful"

X

People can be complete idiots around babies, we would always run into the crazy older lady at the grocery store (we actually occasionally see her still) and she would always come.up to me and ask where I got Devyn and she would take him and I can go get another one. Um creepy. At first I just laughed uncomfortably but ended up completely ignoring her and giving her dirty looks. Last time she talked.to me she yelled across the parking lot that I had better take good care of him, what?

I didn't get an ultrasound but they referred me for one. But I heard baby's heartbeat and heard it swimming around!!! They found it almost instantly. I am so relieved. :cloud9:

great news elma

how exciting that you got to hear the heart beat knees, I have seen the heart beat but haven't heard it yet !

I can't believe people can be so rude, I am normally quiet but if anyone messes with my baby I may turn into a crazy redhead :p

I have been getting some nasty heartburn, are things like gaviscon safe??

Midwife told me gaviscon was fine Jessilou....

My most inappropriate question so far was 'I don't suppose you know when and where the baby was conceived?' I mean, what?!?! I was lost for words! Then she did the whole 'ooh..you don't have to tell me if it's a bit naughty'... I mean really? It's with my partner of 12 years and (careful now) jellybean was conceived in our bed. I don't know what the hell she was expecting?!

When I was pregnant with dd I carried a bottle of gaviscon in my handbag! ;)

Is anyone else getting the mask of pregnancy?.. I totally am. *sigh* Guess I gotta go shopping for a foundation:shrug:

Well, I had my followup appointment on Friday to make sure Baby A is still ok after losing Baby B. Baby is doing perfectly. :happydance: I don't have another scan until the 20 week anatomy scan, and as long as everything still looks ok, I should be good to go for whatever type of birth I want. (Always wanted a home birth, or something outdoors).

Went to a baby shower yesterday and for a gift I had made a baby blanket, which I thought was AWESOME. It was made of super soft baby microfleece stuff in a sugar skull pattern, with purple silky fabric on the back side, and a green silky edging. It's totally my friend's style (not just mine), but she didn't seem very happy with it. I mean, she didn't seem like she didn't like it, just....blase about it I guess? DH says she was probably just overwhelmed from all the gifts and the whole event, and he's probably right. Not to mention I have a nasty habit of projecting my thoughts and feelings onto other people, so I think that they are thinking XYZ or whatever. Ugh, anyway! Just wanted to complain a little bit. :blush:

Is anyone else getting the mask of pregnancy?.. I totally am. *sigh* Guess I gotta go shopping for a foundation:shrug:

I've never had that, and actually had to google it. I've heard the term before, I just never really knew what it was exactly. I'd be awful with something like that. I live in a really REALLY sunny place and I'm out in it all the time.

What about using a CC cream instead of full on foundation? I use...I think it's Almay. I'll have to check. But I like it. :thumbup:

Aurora - obviously you know your friend better than I do but maybe she just has trouble with showing emotion, or feels awkward about gifts or something? I've always been like that. People tell me jokes, or give me presents, etc, and I just look like I don't care, even if I do. I sometimes try to feign emotion in order to not offend people but it causes me anxiety to try to do so. So maybe she loved it and just couldn't show it! It sounds like a badass blanket.

I'm not getting the mask of pregnancy, which I also had to google, but I'm getting horrible freaking skin. With my daughter my skin was good, but this time my face is a mess. I look like a teenager :dohh: actually I had decent skin in high school so I actually look worse. As for foundation, I highly recommend Fit by Maybelline. My husband is a makeup artist and he's used airbrush and tons of expensive brands of foundation and this is actually his favorite foundation.

I was just thinking...my next ultrasound is June 23, which means I'll be about fifteen weeks if I remember correctly... If they look for it... I might find the gender out before the end of the month :wacko: this is going by soooo fast!

Aurora - obviously you know your friend better than I do but maybe she just has trouble with showing emotion, or feels awkward about gifts or something? I've always been like that. People tell me jokes, or give me presents, etc, and I just look like I don't care, even if I do. I sometimes try to feign emotion in order to not offend people but it causes me anxiety to try to do so. So maybe she loved it and just couldn't show it! It sounds like a badass blanket.

I'm not getting the mask of pregnancy, which I also had to google, but I'm getting horrible freaking skin. With my daughter my skin was good, but this time my face is a mess. I look like a teenager :dohh: actually I had decent skin in high school so I actually look worse. As for foundation, I highly recommend Fit by Maybelline. My husband is a makeup artist and he's used airbrush and tons of expensive brands of foundation and this is actually his favorite foundation.

I was just thinking...my next ultrasound is June 23, which means I'll be about fifteen weeks if I remember correctly... If they look for it... I might find the gender out before the end of the month :wacko: this is going by soooo fast!

Everything you said makes sense, and honestly I should totally understand since I actually have extreme social anxiety. And yeah, I think it's a pretty badass blanket. :D

I'm really surprised about my skin. I don't usually have HORRIBLE skin, but I do usually get several blemishes once a month - hormonal crap. And I'm French, so I have super fair skin and even if I don't touch the stupid bump, it STILL leaves a red mark, and that mark is there for months. Seriously....MONTHS. :growlmad: But right now my skin is really nice and clear. It's extra surprising because I've been drinking tons of sweet tea and eating s'mores everyday, and usually sugar will set things off. :shrug:

How exciting about your scan and maybe finding out the gender! Do you have any inkling of what it might be? I think I've got a girl cooking, but we're gonna be team yellow this time. :D

Oh, here's the blanket. :dance:

I would absolutely love it if a friend made me that blanket, LOVE the skull fabric! I'm sure she must've been really pleased with it, like your OH said probably she was just a little overwhelmed with all the gifts and it starts getting a bit much having to react to everything. Hell, if she doesn't like it, feel free to send it my way! :winkwink:

Oh, here's the blanket. :dance:

I would absolutely love it if a friend made me that blanket, LOVE the skull fabric! I'm sure she must've been really pleased with it, like your OH said probably she was just a little overwhelmed with all the gifts and it starts getting a bit much having to react to everything. Hell, if she doesn't like it, feel free to send it my way! :winkwink:

:haha:

Ugh lordy I feel like crap. Sat on the bus to work feeling really sick and dizzy...taking deep breaths and focusing on not barfing all over the place. This is was I get for having breakfast early on :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->