December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

So glad you are feeling better Willow!

I haven't felt any movement yet, although 12 weeks is still early. I'm hoping this little one wriggles early just because 20 weeks seems a long time away

X

Had my dating scan today and had a very active baby! They've also put my due date back a week so i'm only 11 weeks and 6 days due on XMas eve!! eek!

12 Week Scan Today !!!!! :D
Baby was measuring ahead at 12 weeks 3 days so my new due date is 20th December =D
Was so nice to see baby and it looks (more or less) human !!! The hospital charges £3 per picture printed so we got 2 of the best pictures.
Any nub or skull theories ? We find out if its a boy or girl on 3rd August - so friggin exciting !!!

https://s3.postimg.org/fwmrm8383/IMG_20150610_165716.jpg

https://s1.postimg.org/yi2138n0v/IMG_20150610_141011.jpg

Such a fab photo teddy!

My guess is :pink: just based on the skull.

X

Lovely photo teddy ! Little cutie !

Ooh what is this skull theory ? Can anyone guess at mine lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 6
Lovely stands ladies!

TeddysGirl, I may have this backwards, but I think if the 'nub' is horizontal it means girl, if it's at more of a 45 degree angle (or more) tilting up, then it's a boy. I had never heard this before, but my ultrasound tech said its ~80% accurate at 12 weeks, and she correctly predicted boy for me. Now, I'm not entirely sure if that's actually the 'nub' there in the second scan, but if so then I'd definitely say :pink:

Mine were £2.50 but when she asked how many I wanted and I asked would they be the same or different if I got 2, she said the same. I got 2 different pictures with both my others, not sure why it was so difficult for her to do 2 this time!

On my letter it said it was £5 per picture but when we got there it was actually £3. I do agree £5 is a rip off. It is a very special thing to have a scan picture and I get that departments are underfunded and hospitals are struggling but the prices vary so much. I have heard ladies stating anywhere from £2-7. Just because it is our only option to get a scan picture doesn't mean we should be ripped off.

And I only asked for 1, she didn't ask before hand how many I wanted but after she did the measurements and was showing us squash was wriggling about so much it was looking like we wouldn't even get a pic then she suddenly stopped mid word and stabbed at the button as for a few seconds baby was in a good position. Even if I wanted more than 1 pic I wouldn't have got another even half decent one so we just bought the 1. Last time they gave me 3 pics, one of each baby then one of them together.

I want to feel movement so badly! Twinmum, how far along are you exactly? I keep imagining what it might feel like - if I keep wishing hard enough, I'll probably just fool myself into thinking I feel flutters, haha!

I'd say :pink: on yours as well Stacey but it's a difficult one. Usually the skulls are more rounded on girls and more pronounced on the forehead in boys *i think*

I have my scan in the morning and I can't wait :happydance:

Our hospital also charge £5 per photo

X

I have an anterior placenta this time :nope:
15+ weeks and no movements. I think this is going to take long. very thankful for the Doppler at the moment

I want to feel movement so badly! Twinmum, how far along are you exactly? I keep imagining what it might feel like - if I keep wishing hard enough, I'll probably just fool myself into thinking I feel flutters, haha!

I am 14+6. :)

With mine being 1 of each last time I asked some people to guess which one was which based on skull and everyone got it the wrong way round lol! I do think thou that the angle my girl was at on the pic of them together is what did it, seems like my boy was directly across and my girl was lay with her head further towards the front than her feet so made her skull look more angular than it really was.

Anyone else getting sharp stabbing pains in their lower abdomen and groin when they twist, move suddenly or cough or sneeze ? I assume its round ligament pain but it's so painful !!! Also a content feeling of heaviness and stretching. I'm only 12 weeks 4 days and feel like I should be walking around holding my stomach !!!

Yes I get the ligament pain Teddy. I usually go to branch my stomach when I need to cough or sneeze and it seems to help a little.

X

Anyone else getting sharp stabbing pains in their lower abdomen and groin when they twist, move suddenly or cough or sneeze ? I assume its round ligament pain but it's so painful !!! Also a content feeling of heaviness and stretching. I'm only 12 weeks 4 days and feel like I should be walking around holding my stomach !!!

I have been SUPER self conscious - feel like everyone can see how huge I am, based on the heavy stretching feeling. But I'm not really showing much at all, it is just the feeling. I think it was even more at 12 weeks than now! I tried to jog a bit yesterday, and I felt like I was carrying a bowling ball in my guts, lol!

I get stabby pains that I think are round ligament pains, but they aren't super painful for me and don't last long at all.

I am 14+6. :)

That is exciting! I'm going to pay really close attention from now on - maybe I can feel it that early too! *holding out hope*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->