Decembers little darlings now in first tri

Good luck wonders I'm sure it is just normal pregnancy spotting (but scary nonetheless!)

Hopefully it's nothing to worry about Wonders :flower:

As for me, I've been feeling pretty good, which I am hating. Yesterday I felt pretty average for a few hours. I'm definitely still fatigued, my skin looks awful, and my boobs are tender. I had a horrible headache last night, but it was fine because I just rested. But it still has me worried. I feel like it's too early for me feel so good.

Hopefully it's nothing to worry about Wonders :flower:

As for me, I've been feeling pretty good, which I am hating. Yesterday I felt pretty average for a few hours. I'm definitely still fatigued, my skin looks awful, and my boobs are tender. I had a horrible headache last night, but it was fine because I just rested. But it still has me worried. I feel like it's too early for me feel so good.

I have heard lots of women say their sickness went away at spot on 9 weeks so I know it's hard but I think it's quite normal so try not to stress too much about it xx

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY Buffy & Caribbean :D (and everyone else!) :dance: -Today we will be sweltering hot, uncomfortable pregnant women, eating snags and putting up with our drunk friends and family who turn into bogans for the day... But we can get through it! Haha oh god I hope I can get through it. It's just so ridiculously hot already. My pep talk has backfired already.

We are having DHs family over today and will tell them the news. His parents and sister already know but his aunt, uncles, cousin and grandparents will find out today. I am really dreading it. His grandparents are just rude old people. They always offend someone, some way, no matter what (for example, a few months ago I was playing fetch with my dog, and I had recently gained a lot of weight due to some medication problems. Dh's grandad turned to me and said "he should be throwing the ball to you and making you run around instead because the dogs not the one who needs the exercise". Seriously. Ugh). I am dreading it because they will be at our house and we won't be able to escape them haha. Oh on a lighter note, I have lost 10kgs since the pregnancy and stopping the medication I was on. I gained a lot more than that (it was terrrrrible) but I am so relieved to be losing it now. My doctor is monitoring it so I'm not worried, and I'm not actively dieting so he is happy with it.

I want to get a baby sling for when we have bubs but I was reading up about the safety of them and now I am terrified. Do you have any thoughts on baby slings? For/against?

Happy Australia Day! :flower: We are going to a bbq down the road at my husbands friends house. I'm glad we won't really know anyone so I can pretend that I'm not a drinker! It's only going to be 22 degrees though. How exciting that you get to tell everyone today (aside from the grandparents - how rude!)

I'm not getting a sling. We will be getting a carrier. I'm not sure yet about which one because I am waiting to pass 12 weeks before even bothering to research. My SIL has one and can give hers to us, but I'm not sure of the brand or anything. My husband won't care - he will see us saving money and will make me use it rather than buy a new one anyway.

Hope all is ok Wonders :flower: having some spotting issues here too, with bright red blood a couple of days this week. Not much but defo there. Spoke to a nurse in my GPs office Friday evening who said to go to A&E as we'd need to find out what was going on. Spent 3 hours in A&E after which a doctor told me there was little she could do as there was no scanner in that dept so have to go to Early Pregnancy Unit on Tuesday for a scan... Kind of pointless I suppose as my booking in appt/first scan is Thurs anyway but couldn't said no!

Hope everything is ok Leann!

I'll definitely be calling dr tomorrow. I'm not in any pain, and brown spotting is minimal, but it's exactly what happened for days before I learned I had a MMC last year. Even throwing up this morning while brushing my teeth was not reassuring as I've heard that you can still have symptoms.

Oh no Leann :( I hope everything is okay!!

Thinking of both of you and hoping your spotting stops x

Hoping the best for you wonders & leann. I've had no spotting or cramping but still freak out. Xx

Wonders and Leann- I am so sorry to hear that, I can't imagine how scary it must be. I hope you both get some answers soon and I pray that it's nothing, the doctors ease your worries, and all is well with the babies! :hugs:

Happy Australia Day to our ladies down under! Hope you all were able to have some fun!

AFM, just counting down the days until DH gets home. I miss him so much, this has been so hard without him. 13 more days :cry:

I am really dreading it. His grandparents are just rude old people. They always offend someone, some way, no matter what (for example, a few months ago I was playing fetch with my dog, and I had recently gained a lot of weight due to some medication problems. Dh's grandad turned to me and said "he should be throwing the ball to you and making you run around instead because the dogs not the one who needs the exercise". Seriously. Ugh).

OMG! Lala- for real!? That is beyond rude!! I am so sorry you have to deal with people like that. I am not sure I'd ever have him back to the house (but then again I tend to hold grudges which is not great of me :nope:). I hope he behaved better today!

:wohoo: :wohoo: STRAYA :wohoo: :wohoo:

That's about as much celebration as I am doing today :p I have been to way too many bogan parties (Bogans, for the non Aussies, are our version of redneck trailer trash loud obnoxious low class people) so I have stayed at home enjoying the peace and quiet, other than the sweet hum of my air conditioning. I even cooked myself a little BBQ treat (steak burger and mushrooms) on the 'barbie'. Luckily my street is mainly Samoans so it's pretty quiet all around.

Nothing much to report here. Still going good. Starting to feel little squigglies in my tummy so I think that's the little weenie bebe. I am 12 weeks tomorrow and my second baby so I am excited to feel some movement :) I have my 12 week blood test on Wednesday, and my 12 week nuchal scan next Wednesday. I had my harmony blood test last Wednesday so I should get the results hopefully by the end of the week and find out the gender!

Wonders and Leann I hope everything is okay!

I got a doppler last week and tonight I FINALLY heard the heartbeat!! :wohoo: Only for about 10 seconds but I definitely heard it. I am so happy. Hopefully now it will get easier each time I try (probably on days when I start freaking out about things going wrong).

Hi Ladies! wonders and Leann, I'm really sorry to hear about your troubles lately. Fingers crossed that everything is just great for both of you!
My SIL has a Doppler that she's going to lend me and I'm super excited and nervous to use it. I won't freak out if I can't hear it right away. Especially since my uterus is backwards and sometimes it doesn't flip until 12 weeks, so that would probably make it even more difficult!
I'm 9 weeks now and still feeling like crap. I actually started vomiting when trying to take my nighttime pills last week. Hopefully that doesn't continue! I might have to get another prescription filled cuz I'm just terrified of attempting to wean myself off of these. I might do it over the February long weekend if I can.
Lala I can't believe those grandparents are so rude?! Who says stuff like that?! I hope it went okay telling them the news.

Hope everyone else is doing well:)

I went to the Dr. All is well. She checked me and couldn't see any blood still in there (I haven't seen any since yesterday) and checked on my little gummi bear and said its heartbeat looked strong. Very relieved. She said it could have been from sex. My NT scan is in a week so only another week until I see baby again. She said I'll probably get to hear the heartbeat at that one too...can't wait!

Thanks for your good thoughts! :flower:

Awe that's great news Wonders :hugs: thanks ladies, I'll know either way what's going on tomorrow so not much longer to wait.. DH can't get out of work tomorrow so flying solo at the scan but that's ok I suppose!

Wonders I'm so happy to hear everything is good. Yay!! So exciting. How did your little gummi bear look? Was it starting to look more baby like? Eeeee it's starting to be so real now! I can't wait for my NT scan because I'm excited to see more of a little baby-looking bean in there.

Leann- sending lots of positive vibes your way!!

Sweet pea- sorry you still feel like crap. Take solace in knowing I am right there with you! :haha: but seriously I can't remember the last day I didn't vomit. I can't remember what it was like to not feel nauseous all the time!! Good luck with the doppler :) it took me a week before hearing the heartbeat, but I did surprise myself that I didn't get freaked out at all... was disappointed when I couldn't find it, but I just had to tell myself that baby is okay and I'm just not a pro at using these devices, lol.

So telling the family was... alright... yesterday. So grateful that DH's parents were there, who were constantly on guard, trying to swerve questions and conversations in different directions whenever the grandparents spoke. It could've been MUCH worse. Seriously. His nana started talking about how I could still miscarry... Then started prodding me about uni and not finishing (I'm25 and decided to study 2 years ago. Im halfway through my 4 year degree, and I work. I will take the second semester off and study the rest online. I basically do it online anyway because I often get called into work and miss the classes... I'm not concerned at all about it really, i know I will finish it because getting the degree is a priority to me, and my DH is very supportive)... Then about stillbirths... Then about the fact that I'm rh negative (which nowadays doesn't matter at all!)... Then about needing to put an extension on our house (wtf? We own a 3 bedroom, which is fine for us and a child)... Then his grandad made a comment about my weight... And then I said I felt sick and went into my (air conditioned!!) room for the next 2 hours. DH's mum and sister came in after about half an hour too, also to escape the grandparents. They just cannot see the good about anything. We are in a very stable, long term relationship (8 years), married for over 3, DH is a teacher, I have a stable job and am studying to further myself, we bought our house 3 years ago, and have been trying for this baby for 3 years!! I'm pretty sure we are in the perfect position to have a child. Just shuttup, say "congratulations" and give us a hug. That's what normal people do. Lol sorry for the huge rant it was just so annoying!! They CONSTANTLY go on about "young people these day" being so rude. They've got no friggen idea. We don't get along the best (obviously) because they are homophobic, racist old assholes, and I tell them that it's not okay (I would never call them assholes to their face though! I'm still polite, but I never let it slide... Because they need to get with the times). Oh- I have a kicker!! One of my sisters is gay, and I was asked "you're not going to let the baby around her are you?" Because apparently they'll CATCH THE GAY. I. Am. Serious.
*facepalm*

Okay okay okay I'll stop now haha. I do feel a lot better though after getting it all out!

Catch the Gay?!!? :dohh: wow, that's some serious old school thinking. Glad it's over with for you though!

My Drs machines are really crappy so baby looks like a blob that gets bigger and bigger. I guess they see just enough to detect a heartbeat and that's about it. I'm excited for next week. She said the perinatologist has amazing machines and you can see so well, plus I'll be 11weeks!

I can't even comment on that lala because it would be an essay of fury! How close minded of them :(

I am back to my sick self today after quite a few days off! Both happy & sad feelings about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->