Decembers little darlings now in first tri

Good luck with your scan tomorrow sweet pea! It will be amazing :)

I finally told my mum today!!! It was so nice, she cried so much! Lol. She was so, so happy. It was a really nice moment. She wants to be called Granny lol so old sounding!
Feeling positive (but emotional) today. Cheering myself up by eating a piece of toblerone cheesecake! Naughty but nice haha :D
So tired. Not as sick recently (still nauseous) and it freaks me out, but at least the constant pain in my boobs is reassuring haha.

good luck with your scan sweetpea

i have my fist appointment friday at last i will be over 9 weeks lol

does anyone have any tips how i can stop breastfeeding my 2 yr old thanks x

littlelala sometimes i dont feel quite as sick then it comes back x

That's such great news lala. It's great having a mum to talk to about this stuff :thumbup:

I have such a bad headache today (since yesterday) and I think because it's so bad, it's making me feel like all my other symptoms are gone. My boobs are still sore, but I don't feel anything else except this pounding headache. I've just been drinking a heap of water.

Buffy I am the same! I have had an awful headache since last night and I can't shake it today. Panadol is like popping candy so I really have no relief. It's so frustrating! It's almost 3pm here and I have done absolutely nothing when I had a day full of stuff to do :( Grrrrr! :growlmad:

I don't normally work Mondays, but a girl wanted me to swap a day with her so I had to go in today. So annoying! But I can't plan feeling like crap. So I've soldiered on and it's been awful. I haven't taken anything for it though because I reeeeeally didn't want to.

My head is *slightly* better than earlier, and now I can feel my nausea. I also have two big ulcers in my throat, which is really painful every time I swallow, and especially when I drink water. Anyone else had this?!

Hope we both feel better soon Caribbean :hugs:

Sweetpea: not sure if you've had your scan yet, but hope all was well x

Hi Ladies!

I am definitely not a planner so I don't mind waiting to find out the gender. We have 4 nieces and 2 nephews so all the clothes will be hand-me-downs anyways:)

Scan this morning went great. Measurement was right on the 8+1 that I thought and heart rate was 173. Perfect!

I'm still feeling so awful. I think my GERD is getting out of control and tums are doing nothing to help. Not to mention this disgusting post nasal drip that's making me gag every five minutes. I even have an empty water bottle in my car in case I need to cough up some phlegm while I'm driving. Sick!

Hope everyone else is feeling better, head aches are terrible:( Anyone else getting a scan this week?

Yay Sweetpea!!! So glad to hear all is well :thumbup:

I have been out of town visiting my family so I apologize for being MIA this weekend. DH arranged a HUGE surprise for me since he wasn't able to go with me to my ultrasound Friday. He called my mom and told her she needed to come up because I was having a suspicious looking mole removed on Friday and I was worried, but didn't want her to worry. I was expecting just my MIL at my house Thursday night, but she showed up WITH MY MOM!!! He is so sneaky. So I got to tell her Thursday night and both got to see the babies at the ultrasound on Friday morning. :happydance:

I'm convinced I have a boy and a girl... one is measuring three days ahead already (not surprised really since my family's average height is about 6'4 and DH is 6'4) and the other is right on schedule. The bigger one has a slower HR, 154, and the little one has a faster HR, 164. The shrimps are blobs now :haha: and the best news of all... I've "graduated" from the fertility clinic and can move on to my OB now.

I found out my mom and my sister were apparently magical pregnancy unicorns... neither had any nausea with any of their pregnancies (5 total)... seriously!? My sister said with her daughter she had an aversion to red sauce, but that was it. I feel like I have an aversion to everything! :dohh:

Praying-- how sweet of your partner to surprise you like that!!! <3 woohoo, yay for your little blobs! :dance: :haha:
You probably have worse sickness due to the twinsies :)

I had such bad morning sickness around midday yesterday. My dh tried to call my work to warn them I would be late but no one answered. Then I couldn't stop gagging but no vomit was coming up and I had a panic attack. I haven't had a panic attack in years! I thought I was going to pass out. It was not good.
Anyway, it got better. It was a surprise after a few days of my sickness going away. Good and bad really. Bad because it was horrible, but good because it was reassuring that things are okay. Silly isn't it? Haha.

How is everyone else doing?

Lala, I guess so- double the hormones, double the yuckiness maybe. My mom is just so worried because she doesn't know how to deal with me feeling bad and not being able to do anything about it. She was actually having sympathy fatigue/nausea right along with me... the bond between mothers and their children I guess, I can't wait for that!

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well and it caused the panic attack. It is silly sometimes how we feel about our symptoms... at night, when I'm feeling the worst and in bed in the fetal position, I pray for the sickness to go away, and then I want to cry in the morning when I wake up feeling alright because I think something has gone wrong :haha: The true definition of insanity right there.

Speaking of crying... I have been crying at just about everything lately. Songs on the radio, Sia's "Chandelier" performance on SNL (that sad saaaad mime!), and just missing DH (he goes out of town all the time for work, this is nothing new). Anyone else feel like they are taking crazy pills? :wacko:

Eeee i am crying soooo much at everything too. Sad cry. Happy cry. Thankful cry. Worried cry. I cry at everything now!!!
My husband just looks at me and says "are you just emotional?" And I nod and he giggles and hugs me. It works haha.
I'm so sorry your partner is away. I can't fathom how hard it must be.

So I am now seriously terrified of brushing my teeth. My sickness is worse in the morning, and every time I brush my teeth in the morning, I spend about half an hour afterwards vomiting into the sink. It is so bad. Now I'm so anxious every time I need to brush. At night it isn't always as bad, but during the day it's a horrible cycle. I always feel a lot better afterwards when everything is out of me, but it's just so horrible. Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone have any advice of what could maybe help? :shrug: im desperate!

Lala, I am having the same issue but not to the same degree, luckily for me. Serious gagging and just a tiny bit of throwing up sometimes, like water or something. I also dread brushing my teeth now because of it. The top teeth are way worse than the bottom ones too.

I have noticed that if I brush after eating (like on a weekend, when I'm moving slower), it's not quite as bad. But first thing in the morning is when it is worse. I've heard kid size toothbrushes help but I doubt that as my toothbrush is pretty small as it is.

Good luck!

Oh, I forgot to add that in addition to my strong feelings that this baby is a girl, I had my first gender dream last night! I couldn't see baby, I was just talking about it and I referred to as our baby girl! Man, if this is a boy, I really hope that he can't sense all my "think pink" vibes :haha:

Praying, I totally get what you're saying about being a emotional. I teared up just reading your post about the wonderful surprise your DH planned for you! I'm also into watching the sappiest movies. Watched What to Expect When You're Expecting the other night, soooo good!

Honestly Lala, just avoid it if it makes you feel awful. I purposely wake up early so I can eat breakfast and sit around a bit before brushing my teeth. And on the weekends, I don't usually bother until late morning. I figure, I brush my teeth really well at night so I'll be fine!

Hope everyone else is doing well! If anyone wants to vent about their terrible symptoms, I'm all ears!

Thanks for the advice/sympathy girls. I honestly feel like complete crap 90% of the time now. I got morning sickness nearly straight away and so it's been 6 weeks of it now and I am just drained. I feel exhausted all the time and I just want to lay in bed and cry all day.

But I am so lucky. Supportive family, husband and work. I have essentially an easy job (and a really great boss). And of course, I am so happy that after all these years I have a sticky bean :) just have to keep reminding myself of these things. I feel guilty even complaining.

It has been sooooo ridiculously hot here this summer. I am dreaming of snow. Someone throw a snowball to Australia for me please. Thanks :haha:

So sorry Lala :( I've seen on the news you guys have been having hot weather. It's been pretty crappy here! I'm with you on the feeling like junk bandwagon. I feel bad complaining too, because I wanted this so bad, but sometimes you just have to!

I'm sorry... I can't hear you guys discussing disgustingly hot Brisbane weather over the sweet hum of my AC. :haha:

I'm sorry... I can't hear you guys discussing disgustingly hot Brisbane weather over the sweet hum of my AC. :haha:

Haha! Our main aircon has broke, but THANKFULLY the one in our bedroom works. I seriously would not have survived this summer without it! I'm kind of dreading my electricity bill... Not only did we go ALL OUT with our Christmas lights and inflatables, but every night I have the aircon on 19 degrees all night long hahaha so naughty. I can't help it! I love getting all chilly.

We actually slept with the ceiling fan on for only the second time this summer! It has done nothing but rained and be miserable! But im not complaining. We don't have air con yet - we only built our house sort of recently, plus we had a wedding to pay for. We are definitely getting it before next summer. Our neighbour installs them which will save us a bit of $$ :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->