Decembers little darlings now in first tri

Buffy that sounds awful! Mine seems to be getting a little better, or at least not worse so that's good.
Because we aren't finding out the gender, I'll have a small all-ladies baby shower after the baby is born. It's what we did for my two SILs so I'm sure they'll do the same for me. Luckily we only do it for the first baby so it'll be the one and only time for me! It'll be kind of nice to get a bunch of baby stuff that's actually new and not handy-me-downs and for everyone to see the baby without me having to host (it'll probably be at my mom's house). I'm not a big fan of all the games either but I don't think we'll do lots. I'm looking forward to it now but I know I'll be exhausted when the time comes!

It does sound like a fun idea to have something after the baby is born, but there is no way I would sign up for that! I'm so grumpy when I'm tired so having a little party would be a nightmare when I'm sleep deprived.

I'm still tossing up whether to Have mine in May or June. My mum thinks June, and that's the "normal" time to have it when you have an August baby, but part of me wants to have it in May so that I can figure out what I'll still need to buy, and then still have some time to organise & afford it.

Ahhh! Ladies, I go to the dentist today! I usually can't stand the scraping and polishing and keeping my mouth open for long periods of time, but now I am legitimately worried about them sticking so many things in my mouth while I'm still not quite over my nausea. Well, I guess it has the potential to be a funny story one day...

Oh geez! Hope the dentist went okay for you praying! My appointment isn't until May so I'm hopeful I'll be nausea free by then.
Buffy i think you should have it whenever you want. It definitely would be nice to do it earlier. I'm only 14 weeks and i already wish i could have everything organized. The less stress at the end, The better!

Hope the dentist went well praying. I work as a dental assistant :flower:

So my dip test at the doctor surgery came back positive for a UTI (after I'd been on antibiotics for a week) but when they sent the sample away to a lab to be tested, it came back negative. Strange. But I guess that's a good thing. Now I have thrush from the antibiotics which is awful. The doctor took a couple of swabs to send away and get tested so I'm waiting for those results to come back. I just want to be healthy and feel good.

Thankfully all went well and I didn't throw up on anyone :thumbup:

Buffy- Bless you all! I warned the dear dental assistant that I might be sick since I can hardly stand my own toothbrush in my mouth sometimes, but she seemed pretty unfazed. I hope you all don't have to deal with people getting sick a lot. And then there was so.much.blood. during my cleaning. I knew going in I had issues with gum recession and I've had so much bleeding when I brush/floss, and they confirmed I have pregnancy gingivitis. Not really surprising since these babies are sucking every last nutrient out of my body. I'm so sorry to hear about your thrush, but I am glad to hear your UTI may be gone. I've had the same issue in the past- UTI diagnosed with the dipstick in the office and then negative results with the lab... No idea. :shrug: Still waiting on my results from yesterday's appointment.

Oh yes. Pregnancy gingivitis is very common. My gums are thankfully going really great so far. I'm super paranoid though and brush and floss a million times a day :haha:
I've only had one person throw up and it wasn't even a pregnant person! Can be a pretty gross job though.

Hi ladies!

Haven't posted in awhile so thought I'd pop in and say hello. Everything on my end seems ok. I keep having these, am I still pregnant moments. Its really frustrating but I have my doctor appointment next week and I caved and ordered a doppler. It should arrive today! Hoping that will give me peace of mind when my mind wanders. Still not much of a bump but my normal belly is sticking out more so I think it is coming and will hopefully look pregnant, not just fat, soon. And I caught another cold which I feel better from but the congestion is unbelievable still! So stuffed, ears clogged. I'm convinced I have rhinitis of pregnancy, nothing else makes sense.

And my boyfriend dropped an interesting bomb on me this morning. He asked if he should get a vasectomy after the baby is born. We have always discussed having just one child, but more because he is scared financially of having 2, because he would love for our kid to have a sibling, especially close in age like him and his sister. So I told him we don't have to rush that decision just yet. I'd hate to do it and then in 2-3 years, regret it because we really want a second. I know I'm 34, almost 35, but its still possible. It made me sad in a way. Even if in my head I think this may be my only child, the finality of it is hard - vasectomy means no more babies, ever.

Re: showers - I'm not planning on having one as my family is incredibly tiny and not a ton of friends. So I'm thinking maybe a nice girls day and my family will give a gift or something. But if I were having an actual shower, I think mommy can choose when she has it. If May works better, then go for it! You want to enjoy it so do what is best for you! A high school friend of mine had 2 showers (in 2 states). For her first, she was 6-7 months so I say go for it!

Back again :flower:.

Looking for opinions on our first serious name suggestion. The middle name is my mother's name and I really want to use it.

Allison Frances

Thoughts?

Praying - glad it went well, when I wear my mouth guard my guns bleed so I'm dreading my dentist trip.

Wonders - vasectomy is a serous decision, maybe if you're not both sure you should get a long acting reversals contraceptive (a coil or merana) then you can forget about it for ten years but if you change your mind it's reversible.
I have rhinitis of pregnancy and it sucks!! Hope your feeling better soon.

Praying - glad it went well, when I wear my mouth guard my guns bleed so I'm dreading my dentist trip.

Wonders - vasectomy is a serous decision, maybe if you're not both sure you should get a long acting reversals contraceptive (a coil or merana) then you can forget about it for ten years but if you change your mind it's reversible.
I have rhinitis of pregnancy and it sucks!! Hope your feeling better soon.

I never mentioned why he went straight to vasectomy lol. Duh, pg brain. I have never ever been on any sort of birth control for a variety of reasons. So, at 35, I really don't want to start and he completely understands and agrees with me. Hence he went straight to vasectomy because he doesn't trust condoms exclusively. He's just cautious I guess. Sex is the last thing on my mind so I don't even think about getting pregnant again - just let me deliver this one!

Allison is my middle name so I'm biased :D

:thumbup:

I always liked Alice, but he wasn't a fan but always liked Allison, so its close and the more I say it and think about it, I like it. Its also a million times better than any of the other names he's suggested.

Allison is a beautiful name! I'm also not going back on birth control after this baby is born. I've never had a great reaction to it and I don't want to do anything that could interfere with my ability to breastfeed. Honestly, it took us so long to get pregnant this time that we aren't really worried about it happening again right away. We'll probably just use the pull-out method (gross I know lol!). We do want our kids to be close together though so if it happens earlier than expect, we'll be fine with it.

Praying, glad the dentist went okay! I'm super worried about pregnancy gingivitis also, especially cuz I can't bring myself to brush my teeth some evenings due to my nausea. Is there anything you have to do now that you have it? Or just be extra committed to brushing and flossing?

I always liked Alice, but he wasn't a fan but always liked Allison, so its close and the more I say it and think about it, I like it. Its also a million times better than any of the other names he's suggested.

I don't really like the name Allison, but that's only because I knew a girl with that name who was just batshit crazy. Haha. But it is a pretty name. I love Alice too. And it's nice using a middle name that means something to you :flower:

I don't really like the name Allison, but that's only because I knew a girl with that name who was just batshit crazy. Haha. But it is a pretty name. I love Alice too. And it's nice using a middle name that means something to you :flower:

Sounds like she was an Alison. Once you lose that second L you go crazy :haha:

I do like Alice more than Allison but I think Alli is a cute nickname for Allison :flower:

I'm 15 weeks today and vomited to celebrate :haha: Hadn't vomited in about two weeks so it took me by surprise.

I won't be going back on birth control after this baby either. Husband talks about getting a vasectomy after our 2nd child, but I told him to wait until he is at least over 35 and we are 100% sure that 2 is all we are having. We will be 28 when baby is born.

Regarding name suggestions, my husband pulls out "Hendy" this morning which is the ugliest thing I've ever heard. His last suggestion was Hurst. I don't know where he's getting these from?!

Caribbean: Haha that's too funny- I think you are right too.
I just saw your ticker- week 17, onion. In what world is an onion bigger than a navel orange from week 15? Are my oranges just really big, or my onions just really small? :haha:

I do like Alice more than Allison but I think Alli is a cute nickname for Allison :flower:

I'm 15 weeks today and vomited to celebrate :haha: Hadn't vomited in about two weeks so it took me by surprise.

I won't be going back on birth control after this baby either. Husband talks about getting a vasectomy after our 2nd child, but I told him to wait until he is at least over 35 and we are 100% sure that 2 is all we are having. We will be 28 when baby is born.

Regarding name suggestions, my husband pulls out "Hendy" this morning which is the ugliest thing I've ever heard. His last suggestion was Hurst. I don't know where he's getting these from?!

This is why women should pick names lol... my husband suggested John, David, or Jason if we had a boy. No.

I have a great friend called Alison- just the one L, and she is a bit nuts actually Caribbean! Not in a mean way, just kind of eccentric, but she is also VERY intelligent. We call her Ali for short.

We have been tossing around 'Iris' for a few days- I love classic names that aren't too over-used. Aside from the flower, it apparently is Ancient Greek meaning rainbow as in legend Iris was goddess of the rainbow and a messenger between Zeus and Hera. Another girl option is 'Edith' or Edie for short. Boys we are leaning towards 'Finn', 'Gus' or 'Rowan'.

Unrelated question: Have you ladies all signed up with midwives yet? I have been told to get onto it pronto and so have a doctors appt today to get my referral etc. A bit worried as I have to have one here as well as one in NZ!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->