Decembers little darlings now in first tri

Hahaha I'm glad I don't know the gender yet. I would be poor before the baby arrives!! I totally understand about the itching. It sucks! I rub olive oil over my belly in the shower and normally lotion up my legs after but I still get itchy lots! The olive oil is mostly to help prevent stretch marks anyways! Can't believe you are already over 16 weeks. Congrats! That's so exciting:)

AFM- I was having a little freak out about the actual labour and delivery yesterday as I've never done it before. I'm really an all-natural kind of girl so I'm terrified that something will go wrong and I'll have to have medical intervention. A girl on another thread recommended Hypnobirthing. Has anyone heard of it? I did a little research and it sounds pretty amazing to me!

A girl at work said she did hypnobirthing, she said it was amazing, she had a half hour labour no pain and she said she could have done it again an hour later. Personally I don't think hypnotism would work on me so I won't be trying it but if it's your thing then cool

Well that sounds promising! I don't think there's any actual hypnotism involved, it's supposed to be like self hypnotism. I'm gonna do some more research and see how it goes! Anything that might help manage the pain and keep me calm would be great:)

I think it's more about putting yourself into some kind of relaxed trance like thing but I think every option is worth exploring.

A friend recommended hypno-birthing- branded as 'calmbirth'. Going to look into it as well as she said it really increased her understanding of what to expect and formed a greater partnership between her and her husband as you have to work as a team.

Yeah it all sounds really cool! DH and I are both worried about the other person being to hyped up and stressed out so if we can both work on being calm together, I think it would be really beneficial. I'm just going to try really hard to remember that this is what my body was made for and I probably won't die lol. Easier said then done probably!

That sounds super interesting! Honestly, I haven't thought about any of the l&d aspect very much... I guess I've just resigned myself to having a C-section :nope: unless the stars align! :thumbup:

Is anyone showing at all yet? I thought I was finally popping this week until this morning-- I woke up with just some bloat and actually smaller than the last few days. It's hard to imagine there are two "lemons" in there!! DH says they must just be stacked up now (I'm 5'10" with a really long torso), hopefully so. I haven't had an appt since 11w3d, which has been the longest I've gone the whole time without seeing/hearing them. I was supposed to go in Tues for my monthly, but they cancelled on me because of the weather, so I go in Monday with a different OB.

I'll be 14w3d, do you think there is any chance they could/would tell the genders that soon? Because I've had some spotting, I feel like they will do another scan, but I'm not positive. March 23rd seems like an eternity from now! (And my mother is already pestering me about what colors she should knit the baby blankets, sleep sacks, hats, booties, etc... she is just so eager to get started!! :haha:)

Showing?! I look like I am 6 months pregnant already lol.. it's nuts. I think my body just went 'Oh yeah... I remember this' and wham... huge.

https://oi60.tinypic.com/xky4ux.jpg

That's so lucky that you have a long torso, especially with two babies! You're gonna need the extra room. I'm not short but I feel like my torso is pretty small and I'm worried about getting very uncomfortable near the end! I sometimes feel like I'm showing and most days I don't button my pants but I do think it's mostly bloat. My uterus is still retroverted so I actually think it's kind of impossible for me to be showing yet.
It would be amazing if they could tell the genders then!!! I hope they can but I have heard 16 weeks is the earliest:( hopefully that's wrong. My sister got told at her 12 week scan that the tech thought it was a boy and she was right! So anything can happen.

AFM-Feel a little bit like a UTI might be coming on:( Gonna down some cranberry juice to try to get rid of it without drugs! Apparently the retroverted uterus can cause UTI like symptoms if it takes too long to flip around so that could be it too. My next appointment isn't for 3 weeks so hopefully I can bare it until then! Feeling a bit better the last few days. One trick I learned (don't know if I said this already) is cutting out the aspartame and fake sugars as they cause serious bloat. I had no idea and was chewing sugar-free gum like it was going out of style. Now chewing gum with sugar and I've been feeling a bit better. Hope everyone else is doing well!

Ooo hypno-birthing sounds interesting. I know this sounds bad, but give me the drugs drugs drugs! :haha: I am so afraid of pain!! My friends and mum all tell me their horrific birth stories and it freaks me out so much.

Ooh a long torso for twins sounds like you'll be more comfortable in the end :)
I don't have a bump yet (just a big belly haha) but whatever bump I do end up getting will be overshadowed by my ridiculous boobs. I really want a giant bump though :( I google image searched "15 weeks pregnant" and there's all these pics of women with super pregnant bumps! So jelly haha.
You look great Caribbean!! Funny it came outta nowhere?! Lol
Ouch, uti's are no fun sweet pea :( hopefully the cranberry juice does the trick :D

So, I think I felt baby last night. I've been on "baby watch" for like the past two weeks haha. I think I felt what they call flutterings. It wasn't gas and it felt like it was in the right spot (this obviously doesn't mean that i am right haha, it still could have been gas but it just felt... Different).

Lala- I google'd too! I think that's why I am worried a bit... some of those ladies with twins at 14 weeks, whoa! :wacko:

I keep having random sharp pains every few days in what must be my cervix... wonder if that could be Baby A kicking me? :shrug: Haven't felt much else, but haven't really expected to yet.

Sweetpea- Oh no!! I felt like that last week too, cranberry juice has seemed to do the trick so far in at least alleviating the burning feeling. Guess I will find out Monday for sure if I have one or not...

I am most definitely showing - but to people who I know. I'm sure everyone else thinks I just have a gut!

Sweetpea I hope it's not a UTI. I've been on my antibiotics for almost a week and I don't think mine has cleared up. I have a doctor appointment today about it.

Lala I hope it was baby! :) I think I've been feeling it for a few days now - flutters and twitching. It's ususally only once a day.

I went to a baby shower yesterday. It was honestly so boring. It was fun to see what she got, but really I just found the whole thing really not that fun. I'm dreading having one and people thinking the same thing! Like, they had a few games and stuff but they just felt like a chore to me to play them. What's everyone's plans for their shower? How do you make it less boring? :haha:

I am most definitely showing - but to people who I know. I'm sure everyone else thinks I just have a gut!

I went to a baby shower yesterday. It was honestly so boring. It was fun to see what she got, but really I just found the whole thing really not that fun. I'm dreading having one and people thinking the same thing! Like, they had a few games and stuff but they just felt like a chore to me to play them. What's everyone's plans for their shower? How do you make it less boring? :haha:

I've said no way to a shower, I've been to two and they seem to exist to frighten the poor mum to be with horror stories about birth and how awful it well be and/or play gross games with baby foods and nappies NO THANKS! It's still not a big thing here in the UK anyway, I might have people (guys included) round for open house just before

Praying- I know!!! Some of the twins pics are insane! But try not to worry, it's still so early! My mum said she didn't look all that different when she was pregnant with me and my twin sis, and that she didn't pop until the end (and that was her 4th pregnancy too).

Buffy- ugh, I know. Baby showers never really seem to be that fun. I have said that I don't want one, but everyone has disagreed with me, and it looks like I'll be getting one whether I want it or not. I might try to Pinterest some baby shower game ideas that aren't just annoying. Honestly, I would rather just some people come over for a BBQ.
My husband has said he wants to throw a "welcome to the world" party after the birth. It is a lovely idea but i think he might be underestimating how exhausted we will be haha. But he has a huge family so it might be a good way of getting everyone to see the baby, without having to go around to all of their houses (or have people visit every other day for a few months).
I'm pretty positive that what I felt the other night was baby, because I felt the same thing twice yesterday, both when sitting down. I just want to feel it all the time. It's not bubbles, pops or twitches like what I've heard, it's like little butterflies for a couple of seconds. Maybe baby is doing a little flip? :haha:

DH is starting the nursery today :) we are doing grey and white, with white furniture.
It's such a small room haha but it will fit the crib and change table so that's all that matters I guess lol.
Oh and I bought our pram last week! It will arrive this week sometime. We got an iCandy Peach 3. I love it :D we've bought everything else second hand, so it's so nice to have made a little splurge on one item :)

My cousin has that pram & she loves it :thumbup:

DH and I didn't even want an engagement party, but my parents insisted & had one at their house for us. Turns out it was really fun and we were glad we had one in the end. Maybe I'll feel the same with a baby shower. Hopefully.

The games she had were guess the baby food, prediction game - as in guessing the weight and length and due date etc. She had a guess how many jelly beans are in the bottle, and a price is right game to guess how much the baby products added up to. Plus there were like 1 or 2 more activities. I think it might have been too many!

So exciting that you're starting the nursery. We have a few small items in the closet that's going to be the nursery, but we still use that room to dry all our washing on clothes horses :haha:

Also still have my UTI. The antibiotics haven't worked. They have sent my sample away to see what to try next. They've made it urgent so I should find out tomorrow.

Wow that sucks that the antibiotics haven't worked :( hopefully they can fix up the infection ASAP for you! Must be uncomfortable.

It's actually getting worse. When I first got diagnosed I was only having trouble weeing. But now it's actually burning and painful :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->