Decembers little darlings now in first tri

Caribbean: Haha that's too funny- I think you are right too.
I just saw your ticker- week 17, onion. In what world is an onion bigger than a navel orange from week 15? Are my oranges just really big, or my onions just really small? :haha:

I said that to my husband too! I also read she's the size of your palm, a pomegranate, and a turnip! So that's a pretty damn big onion. I'm thinking the giant white ones and not the little brown ones!

I do like Alice more than Allison but I think Alli is a cute nickname for Allison :flower:

I'm 15 weeks today and vomited to celebrate :haha: Hadn't vomited in about two weeks so it took me by surprise.

I won't be going back on birth control after this baby either. Husband talks about getting a vasectomy after our 2nd child, but I told him to wait until he is at least over 35 and we are 100% sure that 2 is all we are having. We will be 28 when baby is born.

Regarding name suggestions, my husband pulls out "Hendy" this morning which is the ugliest thing I've ever heard. His last suggestion was Hurst. I don't know where he's getting these from?!

I am still vomiting 1-2 times a day :( a lot better than before. But if I were you and had a breakfast or two weeks and then was sick, I'd be so annoyed! It's like false hope that the morning sickness is over and then BAM! Lol.
Umm... Hendy is... Interesting. Did he make it up? I usually like different names but it's just so close to "Handy" and sounds like it was said wrong. Haha boys are funny. So are you still feeling that your baby is a boy?

I have a great friend called Alison- just the one L, and she is a bit nuts actually Caribbean! Not in a mean way, just kind of eccentric, but she is also VERY intelligent. We call her Ali for short.

We have been tossing around 'Iris' for a few days- I love classic names that aren't too over-used. Aside from the flower, it apparently is Ancient Greek meaning rainbow as in legend Iris was goddess of the rainbow and a messenger between Zeus and Hera. Another girl option is 'Edith' or Edie for short. Boys we are leaning towards 'Finn', 'Gus' or 'Rowan'.

Unrelated question: Have you ladies all signed up with midwives yet? I have been told to get onto it pronto and so have a doctors appt today to get my referral etc. A bit worried as I have to have one here as well as one in NZ!
I love the name Finn for a boy :)

Um I haven't looked into getting a midwife at all. I got my papers in the mail saying I have been accepted to the hospital last week, and my first appointment with them is on Monday. I don't really know what to expect?? Up until now I've just been seeing my gp regularly, and he has been getting bloods, checking my blood pressure and weight. That's about it :shrug: I'm really walking into all of this blind.

Finn is an awesome name! My cousin has a son named Flynn, and I have a niece named Finley (nn Finn) so we could never use it :(

Iris is a great name too and I've suggested it to DH a couple of weeks ago. We have been watching Flash and there is a girl named Iris on it :flower:

Lala - that is exactly what I said to my husband - "handy" - not cool!! And yeah i still totally am feeling boy, yet most of those old wives tales point to a girl. April 13 and we will know for sure.

As for a midwife, I don't see one until April 14 and I'll be almost 21 weeks I think. I'm just under GP care at the moment.

Finn and Gus! I love those names. Gus was my grandpa, short for Augustine. Boy names I've always liked are James (but no nicknames) and Emmitt

Buffy-sorry you were sick today! My gag reflex is horrible these days but still no actual vomiting!

So, the boyfriend decides maybe he wants an M name now. In Jewish culture (he is jewish), often a baby is named after someone deceased or the first letter of their name is used. His mom passed almost 5 years ago and her name was Michele. But we both have very strong reasons why we do not want Michele. So, an M name is our next option. I mention Molly weeks ago and he said no. Wouldn't you know, today he said, how about Molly? That's a man for you.

So now, it's Molly and Allison as our top choices. If I didn't use my moms name as a middle name, I really love the name Rose for a middle name. So tricky!

I think Molly is super cute (although I know a dog with this name so it'd never be on the cards for me.) Molly Rose is really quite adorable :thumbup:

Lala I just went to the store today and looked at American navel oranges. They are much smaller than ours! So it makes sense that their giant onions (like our navel oranges) are bigger than their oranges (like our white onions)

Did that make sense? I can't wait to get home and have some mandarins! Please tell me they're in Woolies! I am going to eat an entire kilo.

Oh. My. God.
I've got the beginning of stretch marks :(

Oh. My. God.

On the upside, that means you have a proper bump!
I can't wait for this podge top turn into bump, I'm getting fed up of looking fat, I want proper rounded bump now.

Awwww c'mon now ladies... I'm an Alison, yes with one l, but go by Ali.

No extra stuff for the gingivitis, just had to be scheduled for an extra cleaning this summer.

Oh and they also mentioned not brushing right away if you get sick, to just rinse so you don't brush the acid in. Good to know!

Awwww c'mon now ladies... I'm an Alison, yes with one l, but go by Ali.

No extra stuff for the gingivitis, just had to be scheduled for an extra cleaning this summer.

Haha awwww we are so mean :hugs: we still love you :haha:

Haha, I was just thinking, man, I hope I don't know these ladies in "real life"... hopefully I'm not THAT girl ;)

Oh. My. God.

On the upside, that means you have a proper bump!
I can't wait for this podge top turn into bump, I'm getting fed up of looking fat, I want proper rounded bump now.

I definitely look pregnant and not just "fat" now - but im still only 15 weeks. Too early for the stretch marks. I'm so sad about it.

Sorry about the stretch marks, Buffy! I have one or two on my hips but its from gaining and losing weight over the years and you can barely see them. Maybe lathering up on the cream will help? I really need to get some and start using it lol.

You girls and your Allison talk :haha: For the record, I would use both "L's" lol. Really liking Molly now too. So hard choosing a name!

I got my doppler yesterday! After 2 rounds of nothing or what I thought was baby (but was actually placenta), I finally found it! So cool and very reassuring that everything is still ok in there. Gives a lot of peace of mind until I start feeling baby move which I feel like will be forever from now.

Oh Buffy I'm sorry about that:( I lather myself up with olive oil in the shower just before getting out. It's supposed to help but I think your body is just predisposed to them either way. Wonders isn't having a Doppler great?! I love it so much. I don't use it too often cuz I don't want to get obsessed but it's nice to have the option:)
I like the name Allison either way. I have an aunt name Alison and she's not crazy at all. I'm sure you're not either praying!! lol

AFM- Still feeling quite ill. Every single day I feel ill after supper and have to go to be between 7pm and 9pm. I get a lot of sleep! And some days, like today, I feel sick basically all day and I sit at my desk for a few hours then leave early. Last night I was whining to my husband about how fed up I am with it all! I just want to feel better.
I already have my baby doctor, been seeing him since about 8 weeks. You don't get a midwife in Canada unless you specifically ask for one and I think you have to pay for it.
Hope everyone else is having a decent Thursday!

I have so many stretch marks from having a giant elephant baby, I didn't even think about them this time. Not too worried lol.. I lost the care factor 15 years ago! I'm more worried about the dark hair appearing on my belly :growlmad: I thought that was supposed to happen with boys!

Praying - I was just saying an 'Allison' couldn't have possibly been crazy.. :haha: I actually only know one Alison in real life. She's pretty crazy though. I don't know any Allisons!

Oh dear god... I went shopping online with Macy's because they have a 20 - 40% clearance sale for baby clothes. I feel like I have a problem. I bought some stuff on the 2nd and they already arrived! Only took 3 days to the Virgin Islands so that is exciting for me :D Free shipping! So I may be back on the website ordering more stuff before the sale finishes. The CUTEST stuff, I just want everything.. *sigh*

I mean c'mon.. this is $7!! (was $18)

https://slimages.macys.com/is/image/MCY/products/4/optimized/2547454_fpx.tif?wid=330&hei=404&fit=fit,1&$filterlrg$

Yeah, I have a shopping problem :nope: my husband is cringing! :haha:

Oh myyyyy! How adorable is that?! I feel like I'm having a boy, and I'm honestly ok with whatever..but LOOK AT THAT! Such cute girl stuff :flower:

Awww! I am in the mood now to buy ALL the baby things! They are all so little and cute. Hurry up anatomy scan!

I got to feed a newborn twin today... I had no idea what I was doing, but he was so adorable with his little sucking sounds and sighs. Hurry up August!

My mum seems to have been doing all of the early baby shopping for me! Its actually easier that way so we have a bit of a stash when we arrive in NZ and don't have to ship stuff over. But lookout shops after July! I will be hitting them with a vengeance!

Sorry about the stretchmarks Buffy! I have been doing all I can to avoid them with cocoa butter body oil 2x per day, but I bet they will pop up anyway. Its all part of the fun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->