Decembers little darlings now in first tri

Yay Caribbean! Glad you found out and hooray for PINK!

Piha, so glad everything went well with your scan! SUCH a great quality pic! Any leanings as to boy or girl?

I don't know... my last one was 15 years ago and I still remember some of it. I am having cesarean this time, so it will be a whole new experience for me!

Thanks ladies and congrats Caribbean on finding out that you are having a girl! Our family histories would suggest that we are having a boy, but me and my partner (and his mum) all have this feeling that we are having a girl too. Time will tell!

Question: We are almost all about to enter or are in second tri now- do we keep this thread or start another one? Or just change title to second tri? I am with a few others in that our babies could be born in Sep or Aug so don't feel I fit into either of those forum groups.

How is everyone feeling?
I haven't been sick for 2 days-- this is a big deal!!! :dance:
I had cramping all afternoon and night and it got quite painful so I used the doppler to reassure me. I couldn't find the heartbeat for quite a while and I could see dh getting anxious. Then I heard it very faintly... So I kept the doppler in that spot, and it think baby must've been moving a lot because then outta nowhere it got SO loud :D silly baby scaring me like that!!

I'm finally feeling less tired but I've had a good deal if cramps today, I'm but worried though I think is best everything streaching it was just uncomfortable as I sat in the car for 3hrs.

Piha - congrats! What an amazing picture :flower:

Caribbean - congratulations! A baby girl! That's so exciting :)

Hi everyone :hi:

Just checking in. See how everyone is doing.

Congrats on the gender reveals and any new pregnancies I've missed xx

I'm really struggling today, I don't want to go to sleep again as I've slept to much already and I won't sleep properly tonight but I feel unable to move from my bed and I feel icky

I know how you feel, have had days like that myself! I have found that you just have to accept that you have good and bad days and make the most of those days when you do have energy!

I had a bit of a scare yesterday- we went down to a creek for a swim and as I was standing on the shoreline I literally stood on a snake! Luckily I had gumboots on so most of my legs were covered! I shrieked like a little girl and jumped back into the water, but that brought my dog running and she just stood exactly where it had been, looking concerned. My partner and I had to grab her and pull her in so she wouldn't be bitten! Ahhh so scary! Was still shaking about 30 mins later back at the house!
Apart from that- a great weekend! We did our fb announcement and feel so loved with all of the well wishes and congratulations!

That is so scary! I hate snakes so much.

That's great that you're feeling better lala.

As for me, I've got a migraine. I've had it since yesterday. Usually this pregnancy they've been going for 3 days at a time.

I've just been to the doctor & got my NT results back. Everything looks great there. But, I do have a UTI so I'm on antibiotics for that now. Also my blood pressure was a bit high 146/90 so I have to go back tomorrow to have it monitored.

That is so scary! I hate snakes so much.

That's great that you're feeling better lala.

As for me, I've got a migraine. I've had it since yesterday. Usually this pregnancy they've been going for 3 days at a time.

I've just been to the doctor & got my NT results back. Everything looks great there. But, I do have a UTI so I'm on antibiotics for that now. Also my blood pressure was a bit high 146/90 so I have to go back tomorrow to have it monitored.

Yay for the nt results boo for the migraine and uti. How your feel better soon!

Migraines are the worst! I used to get them a lot as a kid and now just randomly as an adult. I've been getting some annoying headaches this pregnancy but luckily no migraines yet. Hope you're feeling better today.

:happydance: for the NT results! Hope you're not suffering too much with the UTI. I remember you posting this on facebook, but never replied. Did they recheck your blood pressure after you spoke with dr for the results? Was it high at your first visit? I remember at my very first appt, I was SO nervous and my BP was high, according to the nurse, so she waited a bit and talked to me about other things and then retook it, totally normal. Hope it was just nerves causing it to be high!

AFM, I had a really nice weekend with the boyfriend although these pesky headaches are getting really annoying! On Saturday, I actually broke down and took one tylenol. Then laid down with some ice. It took the edge off but still was in pain.

I feel like my lower abdomen is starting to pop a little. I can definitely feel something hard down there so I think the bump is coming. Hard to tell when you had a bump even before you were pregnant lol. My boobs have been sore the past few days, just a little, but they haven't hurt in weeks so I guess they are having a growth spurt or something.

I'm getting a little stressed about my boyfriend's family. His sister is nice, but very selfish and very opinionated. And chiming in on what we should name our little girl since his family is Jewish and it is tradition to name a baby after a deceased relative or use that person's initials. I'm fine with that and a lot of the names I like work with that idea, but I just don't like her butting in. Its not her kid and the honest truth is she is 37, single and desperate to be married and have her own kids so she is living vicariously through us, yet I haven't gotten a single text from her asking how I am feeling, etc. Then I get worried about the whole religion thing since I am Catholic and he is Jewish. Neither of us practice faithfully but technically, the baby will not be Jewish because I am not Jewish. He said if its a girl he doesn't mind not formally raising it as Jewish as long as we still celebrate the holidays and traditions - I'm totally good with that. I really want our baby to be baptized though and I know he can get on board with that, but again...his family chimes in as though they're opinion is the only way to go. Not to mention that his dad and grandmother haven't spoken to him since they learned I was pregnant and his dad literally said he wants nothing to do with the baby, so I think he lost all power when it comes to giving advice.

Aww Wonders I'm sorry the family is being so difficult. I think everyone has problems with their in-laws but yours sound worse than most. Dh's family is also very opinionated which can be super frustrating. I just figure it our kid, our life, ultimately our opinions are the only ones that matter:)
Buffy I'm glad to hear you results were good! UTIs are the worst though:( I have a retroverted uterus and it's taking a bit longer to flip around which causes similar symptoms to a uti:( Hopefully those drugs do the trick for you really fast!
AFM- Had an appointment with the doc last Thursday and they listen to the heartbeat and told me everything seemed great. Now I feel comfortable telling whoever, so glad I'm finally at 13 weeks. It does seem to be going by quickly though. Still waiting to feel 100% better but there have been a few good days. Unfortunately, when I tried to cut back on my Diclectin pills I didn't respond well and was super sick that day:( So I'm back up to four a day and it seems to be working well for me!

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm all for changing the name of the forum when we are all in second tri. I feel like I'm one of the earlier people here. Is everyone else in 13 weeks or more?

I'm just over 13 weeks. I'll be 14 weeks on Thursday :flower:

My blood pressure has ALWAYS been in the 140's but no one ever seemed to be concerned until I fell pregnant. My dad and all of his brothers take medication for high blood pressure, and my mum had preeclampsia when pregnant with me. My blood pressure was taken 3 times at that visit yesterday. I was not nervous, and it was not my first visit.

I'm just annoyed that this could have already been under control before I fell pregnant, and now I'm all stressed and worried about it. I don't think it will be too much of a concern if it just stays the same.

Sorry about the family issues.

Sweetpea- I am in same boat as you, just on 13 weeks now.

Wonders- sorry to hear about your partner's family. My partner's all live overseas so they don't have much say (not that they would intervene anyway- they are lovely and very laidback luckily).

Buffy- hope you start feeling better soon, and try not to stress about the BP- just relax and try to enjoy things now you have seen bub and is all ok with him/her

Just had my blood pressure checked and thankfully it is down to 133/87. The doctor said that because I had a migraine, it's possibly the reason the reading was a little high.

I think Bundle4Me and I are the front runners - I am at 16+1 and Bundle I think is just a day or so behind.

My blood pressure has always been pretty low. It's just standard so far this pregnancy (110/60 ish) but I remember sometime in the late second trimester of my last pregnancy, my BP hit 85/50!! I was like o_O how the hell am I conscious! Apparently low BP can be quite common during pregnancy but you'd think that was the lower limit.

In other news, I am itchy as hell all over. My belly itches, my legs itch! I can barely keep still at night, like I have ants crawling on me. It's driving me :wacko:

Nothing exciting to report. I've been shopping for some baby girl items, so that's kinda fun :D Except I want EVERYTHING. I am trying to be practical and mainly buying only onesies and rompers for 0 - 3 months size. Don't bother with very pretty fancy dresses that although look gorgeous, don't really show their full potential until the baby is standing! And also nothing fancy with lace/embroidery/tucks/folds/flower petals etc around the neck or chest area. Baby spew is VERY hard to scrub out of those.

It doesn't stop me from wanting them though! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->