Decembers little darlings now in first tri

Ahh the maternity ward sounds scary lol it would freak me out. I will see mine in a few weeks with one of our classes.
Yay for hearing the heartbeat!! <3 Can't believe they haven't used the doppler earlier?? How often do you see a midwife? I am having shared gp care (rather than the usual midwifery care) because our hospital is far away and I really like my gp so I prefer to see him... So I have an appointment every 2 weeks with my gp, don't have a midwife, and see an OB once each trimester. It works really well for me because my gp is at the same shopping centre that I work at so I just see him before work. Anyway, my gp has used the doppler each appointment since 18 weeks... I wonder why it's different?

I was seeing my GP up until 20 weeks, and he never used the Doppler! Today was the second time I've seen a midwife, and I'll see one again in 3 weeks. They tried using the Doppler at my first visit, but they were saying that the equipment wasn't very good, and I also had a student midwife and she had trouble finding the heart beat. That was a very strange visit. Although it's still with the same hospital, I went to a different clinic today. Their Doppler worked fine! And no student midwife lol.

The hospital is only 20 minutes away from me. I have a booking in appointment at the hospital back home though at the end of the month since I'm 99% sure that's where I'll give birth (unless I go early.)

Wow can't believe they hasn't let you hear a heartbeat till now, that would name me super anxious! I get to at every mw appointment, every 3weeks since 16w. (Then more frequently nearer the end). I don't get to do a tour of the hospital or birth centre but there is a virtual tour online (not quiet the same!). I've never seen my gp during pregnancy, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even know I was pregnant!

I bought a doppler for like $35 from Amazon and I love it. I barely ever use it now as she kicks me so much, I don't need to be worried :p

Yeh Caribbean my doppler gave me heaps of reassurance in the early days but doesn't get used much anymore :haha:

DH made me give the Doppler back to my SIL after the baby started kicking. He hates having extra stuff in the house lol it's gonna be a shock for him when all the baby stuff starts rolling in!

Caribbean, I LOVE those invites:) I'm probably going to have a shower after the babe is born since we don't know the gender. I assume it'll be planned by my mom and sister but I'm not really concerned. I know it will be fairly casual. I did create a registry at BabiesRUs but that was mostly just because they send you a small pack of free samples. Free stuff is great!

Buffy, yay for the GTT results!!! I still haven't got mine back and my doctors silly staff will never tell me anything over the phone:( He did say that he would call me if there was a problem though so I'm just going to assume I passed.

AFM- I've been feeling really weird lately:( started going to bed really early again and my bump has been hurting (like the muscles in my stomach I think). This morning I also started leaking a bit of milky fluid (sorry TMI!!!) so I've been wearing a panty liner all day. I think maybe it's stopped now. I just feel like everything is so ahead of where it should be. My bump is huge, I'm exhausted and sore, I just don't know what to think. I'm getting a little worried about this babe arriving early. We definitely have not prepared for that! I was planning on working until 38 weeks.

If I had have had a Doppler, I'm sure I would have driven myself crazy. Especially since I ended up with an anterior placenta. Since baby starting kicking and moving I definitely haven't had to be concerned.

Sweetpea- Doctors don't tell us anything over the phone either. It's only that I happened to have my mw appointment 2 days later that I probably even heard. Otherwise I'm sure they'd have just called me had I needed to come in.

Hopefully things settle down for you. My bump can get quite sore too, and I've been wearing a panty liner for a couple of weeks now - but I'm not getting milky fluid. I'm also in bed by 8 every night! Maybe it's just a third trimester thing!

AFM- I've been feeling really weird lately:( started going to bed really early again and my bump has been hurting (like the muscles in my stomach I think). This morning I also started leaking a bit of milky fluid (sorry TMI!!!) so I've been wearing a panty liner all day. I think maybe it's stopped now. I just feel like everything is so ahead of where it should be. My bump is huge, I'm exhausted and sore, I just don't know what to think. I'm getting a little worried about this babe arriving early. We definitely have not prepared for that! I was planning on working until 38 weeks.

I've been getting much more tierd again, but as bad as first tri but way more than before.
I've been wearing a panty liner for weeks due to loads of creamy cm, gross and feeling wet all the time. Think they are just the joys of the home straight

I forgot to say, I hope everything gets better with your kitty! Have you looked up any home remedies for treating an itchy cat? I googled it quickly and it looks like there's lots you can try!

I don't even know if I'm considered 3rd tri yet lol. I'm just starting to get a bit worried about something being wrong. I don't want to end up on bed rest or in the hospital for weeks before babe comes. We definitely haven't planned for that!

I had a doppler and always had a hard time finding her heartbeat. But I was always reassured a little because I could hear the feedback when she moved so I knew everything was probably ok in there.

I've been having a milky looking discharge for weeks - google leukhorrea (sp?). And the past week or so, I'm really wet down there. I think it is pretty normal.

Buffy - So glad you passed your Glucose Test! What a relief, right? And so exciting for finally hearing the heartbeat! I can't believe you haven't heard it yet. My dr does it at every monthly visit.

AFM, tomorrow is the last day of school. I won't be returning to this school so I've had to pack up lots of stuff and have been moving and bending a little more than usual. I get so hot and sweaty and then my back and hips ache all night. So glamorous lol.

I had a nice shower at work yesterday and my co-workers really spoiled baby and I with tons of clothes and some of the essential things from my registry!

I also pre-registered at the hospital and signed up for my birthing class. Unfortunately the next one is not until August 1! Yes, 20 days before my due date. At least it'll be fresh in my head when I have to use it lol.

And I'm really starting to feel baby not just kick but rolling around a lot! The other day, I could feel the rolling going on so I put my hand on my belly just in time to feel something big (head? butt?) roll across my belly. It was so strange and wonderful at the same time.

I have googled things sweetpea but haven't really found much? I'll give it another go today. I know how you feel about finishing work earlier than expected. We will be doomed if I have to stop work any earlier than we planned. Hopefully it's just the awful uncomfortableness of the whole thing, like Spicy said.

Wonders - my class is on August 1st as well. They aren't even holding any classes in July which I find to be a bit strange. It's also mine & hubbys 1 year wedding anniversary. So that will be romantic :haha:

First antenatal class was quite good, people seemed nice, there is lesbian couple who agree finding it awkward because she splits guys and girls but really it would make more sense to split pregnant and partners, either way I think she feels a bit odd one out. There's 8 couples in total. Tonight we looked at labour stages, positions and practiced some breathing.

That's a bit weird these days, especially with so many same sex couples!!

Glad it went well though :flower:

Wonders - my class is on August 1st as well. They aren't even holding any classes in July which I find to be a bit strange. It's also mine & hubbys 1 year wedding anniversary. So that will be romantic :haha:

So weird...my hospital has no classes in July either! Guess it's not a popular month lol.

Sweetpea- it sucks they haven't given you your results back, my dr office has a policy that they won't give any results back over the phone too. But hopefully they would've called you if they came back as positive :) and they would definitely know by now! Sorry you're feeling weird :hugs: but at least it all sounds normal, which is good. Hopefully your bub stays in there nice and tight until you're ready :)

Wonders- ugh packing up does not sound fun. My bump isn't even that big during the day, but man, bending over sucks! I just feel baby squish all my organs and I hate it! So nice of the people at your work giving you a shower :) my husband's work always do little staff room parties when things happen for people, so I know we are bound to get lots of cute little outfits from them all at one stage which is exciting :) haha wow the birthing class is definitely going to be fresh in mind! :haha: oh yessss I've felt rolling from the outside a few times now too- it is the weirdest, most alien, most wonderful feeling ever haha. My husband hasn't felt the rolling yet, I doubt he will too. I think it would creep him out though anyway haha.

Buffy- so weird they don't have any classes in July? Lol. Sounds totes romantic :haha: but it's actually really sweet, getting to celebrate your wedding anniversary by learning about the baby you guys are about to have!

Spicy- glad the class went well :) seems soooo strange the woman separates by male/female... So the same sex couple must've felt really out of place. Poor things! My last class had one lesbian couple, and one girl came with her best friend. Surely the woman running your course is kinda asking for a complaint doing it the way she is? Weird. Anyway it's good the classes were good. The rest of mine start on the 23rd June and run each Tuesday night for four weeks from 6.30-9pm. Late, but at least we don't need to take time off of work for them.

Afm, nothing exciting is happening. Which is good. I am really struggling to sleep though, and I don't know what to do to fix it. My husband keeps joking "well at least you know it's only going to get better from here, right?" And then laughs at me and runs away before I can throw a cushion at him haha. But seriously I'm dreading being sleep deprived for forever. I was really hoping I could get as much sleep in now while I'm pregnant before bubs arrives. Hopefully it's just a phase my body is going through.
You'd think that with the extra time I have not sleeping that I would be productive, but nope. My house is so gross and I just can't be bothered to clean it. I keep looking at things I should do, and just kinda hope that they take care of themselves lol

Lala, I get what you're saying, but on the other hand it's like "heyyy! This is what is going to happen to my vagina in a month. Happy anniversary!" :haha:

I think that's kind of a good thing about us trying to sell our house - we have to keep it clean in case someone comes to see it. So I can't let myself become lazy (which is super easy for me to do at the moment!)

I am really good at sleeping. I wake up 50 million times to pee but I can go right back to sleep.

I don't think she was trying to be mean, I think she wanted to split up mums and dad's, I expect if someone had come with a friend or mum it would have been the same, after all it would be odd to be the only woman in a group of men especially when it comes to talking about feeling and expectations but I think this girl took it personally, because instead she was the only none pregnant person amongst the group with bumps. She seemed a bit like she didn't want to be there from the beginning I suspect it was her partners idea! Hopefully she will settle in I've the next few weeks.
I thought my bump was quiet small but I felt huge in comparison to most others there, everyone was so neat, mine is nearly is big as the lady having twins!!I think mine is quiet neat but it's grown loads in the last few weeks. I guess some people will be due after me (we didn't go round and ask yet), at least one person is due exactly the same time (well day after).

It's strange how differently people carry!
I wish my bump would be less neat and more wow haha :haha:

Glad the classes are going well Spicy!

I was just telling DH last night about how I feel like I'm in first tri again only this time there's no light at the end of the tunnel. I'm exhausted and it's not going to get better, just worse lol. He did point out that at least I don't have the desire to vomit every day so that's great!

My house is totally messy too. I can't even handle it, it's so gross and I really want to blame DH but it's not entirely his fault. Neither of us are doing anything. When I wake up in the morning the kitchen is still a disaster from dinner the night before! I have the energy to clean it in the morning but no time before work:( Then in the evenings I just want to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->