Decembers little darlings now in first tri

I have all of my energy in the morning. If I'm going to do anything, it's the morning! By the time I'm done with work, I am just SO exhausted!

My husband came home yesterday. When I got home from work he had run me a bath & he brought me dinner in the bath :flower: So happy having him home again until Monday.

I have a cold. I haven't had a cold in forever so it's really getting to me. As if waking up 100 times to pee isn't bad enough, now it's waking up to pee AND cough!!

Urgh I know how you feel, I have a cold and cough and it's hurting to keep coughing. Like my chest and tummy muscles need extra strain!

I'm not at that point yet, but my throat is killing me!

I hear you ladies! My allergies have kicked in like crazy and I can't take anything for them. I wake up not being able to breath:( for coughs, putting vapour rub on your feet and socks over top at bed time is supposed to really help!

Nothing too exciting to report. 7 -8 weeks to go until she will be here, and I am still feeling very unorganised for my St Thomas nursery! I picked up some great secondhand bargains (gorgeous sleigh wooden change table in perfect condition for $15!) and a brand new baby swing for $25 at the Humane Society (Like Vinnie's for the Aussie girls). Still had its tags on it and is $60 in the store. Score!
I am very over this whole gestational diabetes thing. My stomach is covered in little bruises and I can barely seem to find a spot that doesn't hurt now. 5 injections a day and then 4 finger prick tests a day :cry: I really feel like a pin cushion!
Off to NY this weekend for 3 nights... then the next weekend is my crazy baby shower that's now up to 40 girls and apparently I get to sit in the corner under an arch of balloons! I will try to remember to take a bunch of photos.. but I thought that at my receptions and barely took any! I am not good at that kind of thing lol

Lol Caribbean I always forget to take photos too! I'm sorry you're feeling like a pin cushion, that sounds really awful. Glad to hear you don't have too much longer!!!

Super exciting that we are all in 3rd tri. I have about 12 weeks left depending on when this babe wants to come. I'm not looking forward to these next few weeks as we are currently experiencing a heat way. It's supposed to get up to 33 degrees today. DH is an air conditioning Nazi:( He hates turning it on but I will definitely have to overrule him if the heat keeps me awake at night!

I don't know if I told you ladies yet but my dear friend just had her first baby on Thursday night. I haven't met her little boy yet but she's texted me a little bit here and there since she's been home from the hospital. She was induced due to high blood pressure I believe and she said it went really fast! She did have time for an epidural but I guess because of the baby's positioning, it didn't work very well:( At least it went fast for her!!! Baby boy's name is Connor:)

Well it's happened.... my boobs have started leaking. They started leaking at 5 months with my daughter so I am a late bloomer this time around. Now I will have to start wearing a bra to bed :cry: it's too hot for clothing!!

My boobs haven't leaked (I've even squeezed a few times to see if there's anything there yet lol) but I had to start wearing a sports bra to bed a while ago because otherwise I squash my (now larger) boobs and they hurt. I've never worn a bra to bed before but I find it surprisingly comfortable
Yay for your friends baby sweetpea. Will you be able to go see it soon. I've found it cool holding a newborn thinking I'm actually having one if these!

Wow Caribbean it's all happening so fast!!! I know that realistically I could come two weeks early but 8 weeks sounds so much sooner than 10!! Do you have your c section date scheduled yet?
I'm so sorry about the pains of GD. it doesn't sound fun at alllll :( I would really struggle with the needles. You are so brave!
Your life sounds great. I want to be able to just spend 3 nights in NY lol :haha: DEFINITELY take photos at the shower!! :)

Sweetpea- I hope your DH gives in and let's you use the air con! It's so necessary when pregnant, so easy to overheat. Feeling hot is the worst. Definitely use the pregnancy card on this one haha.
Awww new baby smell and cuddlesssss, will you visit bubs soon? It's nice that you have someone you can ask questions to while it's still fresh in their mind haha. I am pretty scared about an epidural not working properly!! Oh well, no point in stressing over something I can't control!

I have had some colostrum come in, and if I squeeeeeeze my boobies then I see little buds of white, but no leaking yet! My boobs have ached on and off for the last few days though so I think the milk must be coming in. Not looking forward to my already gigantic boobs to get any bigger, but I really want to breast feed so I suppose I'll just have to suck it up!
I've started wearing a sports bra to bed now too, my sister thinks I'm crazy that I don't usually wear a bra in bed, as she always has. I hate clothes while sleeping.... FREEEEEEEEDOMMMM :haha:

I can't think of much worse than wearing a bra to bed!! I don't think I ever will.
I haven't squeezed my boobs yet, and I haven't noticed any leaking. I honestly have the smallest boobs :(

I had a sick day today because I CANNOT STOP COUGHING! I'm debating whether or not to have another day off tomorrow, but I'll probably end up going. DH isn't home until Friday anyway, so I may as well keep myself busy at work I suppose.

I saw my cousins 2.5 year old little girl this morning. She asked me what my babies name is? Why doesn't she have a name yet? And does she like Sesame Street? :haha: So cute & innocent.

Oh no Buffy I hope you get better soon (and all of you other girlies who have been sick recently!). I can't imagine how horrible it would be to have a cough right now- just he occasional cough and sneeze sucks, let alone relentless coughing! Just another thing to add to your aches and pains.
And awww to your baby cousin- kids are so adorable at that age :haha:

Has anyone else gotten really short of breath with sore ribs and chest at any stage? I had it one night a couple of weeks ago, and it hurts and feels like you can't breathe... I'm guessing it was baby repositioning itself and pushing against my diaphragm/lungs/ribs. Anyway that night I nearly went into the hospital because I was so worried, it was getting really hard to breathe, but after walking around with my arms on my head and breathing slowly it eased down and I could feel a noticeable "dropping sensation" which I guess was baby getting into place.
Well anyway it happened again today and I'm still feeling really breathless from it.
Just wondering if others experience this and what you've done to ease the discomfort... :flower:

I'm off sick today to, I'm still coughing and I woke up with a headache feeling dizzy and I just couldn't drag myself in to the office, so I'm still in bed.I woke up on my back so I don't know if the dizziness is caused by that, or by the headache or this cold, but it's not fun. It's not severe so I'm just going to take it easy today and see how I feel tomorrow.

Lala that doesn't sound fun, I've had general shortness of breath but nothing like that, sounds like baby is moving into position, I'm pretty sure mine is still transverse.

I'm the same as spicy. I only have the occasional shortness of breath. I'm pretty sure my baby is quite low because I haven't had any rib pain or anything like that. And honestly, I don't get THAT short of breath. Wondering if it could also be related to fitness? I was a regular at the boxing gym, and either ran/walk/rode on a daily basis. I still go for a 3km walk most days too.

I have honestly coughed to the point where I have pee'd myself a little bit. It happened while I was in bed :( Also, spicy, I wake up on my back every single night, regardless of whether I go to sleep on my side or not, and haven't been dizzy because of it. Hope you're feeling better soon :flower:

It's weird because I haven't been short of breath in general, just these 2 times and it's been when the really bad chest pain/pressure happened... But gosh it hurts! I've been generally active during the pregnancy (hence the weight loss) walking at least 4 times a week and don't get breathless then :shrug: but I'm certainly not fit yet haha so maybe you're right? I really don't want it to happen again!
Also a little worried that it is baby repositioning, because after the last time it happened, at my next appointment they told me that baby was now head down. Crossing my fingers that it hasn't decided to be breech!!

I think we just are expected to put up with pains now that we are pregnant. How unfair!

My lady parts have become really tender and swollen over the past week. It sucks but I don't think there's anything I can do about it.

I got some good news from my husband. He will be on holidays from work for 1 month starting June 26th. I am soo happy because it means he won't be gone for days at a time! So I only need to get through the next couple of weeks. By the time he goes back to work, I'll be on maternity leave & will be moving back home with him anyway :flower:

Buffy that's great news! Not long to get through. My lady parts have been quiet swollen for a while.

Went back to sleep and woke up feeling much better than earlier, no idea why I was so dizzy. I still don't feel great today but much better than before though.

La La my mw said that baby can change positions fairly regularly up until fairly near the end so nut to worry too much about position. I've not felt any movement high up but I'll find out I thursday where it is currently sitting.

Update!
So I'm writing this from my hospital bed now that they've made DH go home. Baby is fine!!! So that's good.
The shortness of breath and tightness of my chest got worse and I was vomiting A LOT so eventually we went to the ER.
Turns out my gallbladder is absolutely loaded with lots of pretty little gallstones.
They don't want to operate while I'm so pregnant but want me to come in as soon as I feel any pain throughout the remainder of the pregnancy so they have administer pain relief and try to monitor the movement of the stones.

Filled me with lots of
Morphine and another drug and I'm on my third bag of saline drip. Theyve moved me from the ED room to the short stay ED and want me to stay overnight. Hopefully I can leave in the morning after they do more ultrasounds.

Feeling pretty good now compared to before.
No idea how I'm going to manage to sleep. Very happy though that the nurse I have in this section is reallllly nice.

I'm taking it as a good sign that they put me in the short stay ED rather than under the surgeons care which was the original plan- less likely to have to go into surgery. Really hoping that it all stays at bay and they can put off operating until baby is born!!

For some reason dh drove me to a different hospital than where I'm
Giving birth lol but it is better than I thought it would be (Caribbean-
He took me to ipswich rather than the Mater lol we are about halfway between the two but I have no idea why he went this way).

Anyway hope everyone is keeping well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->