Decembers little darlings now in first tri

Oh Lala I really hope you get to go home soon! I'm glad they have a plan even if it is a little gross/scary. I bet everything will work out just great!

Spicy gaviscon has worked fairly well for me in the first tri. A lot better than tums!!

I'm feeling a little bit better. Still a light headache and nausea but he prescribed some nasal spray which should reduce my congestion and hopefully stop the head aches! They did mention pre-eclampsia at the appointment but my blood pressure was perfectly normal so they aren't worried about it at all yet! They did say to make sure I mention at my next appointment if I keep getting headaches. Also, GTT results were good! Overall the appointment did make me feel better. My belly is 29cm which is a couple days ahead but that's normal and he said that babe is also head down at the moment. My bladder could definitely tell!

Still feeling the desire to nap all day but it's supposed to be quite a bit cooler tomorrow so hopefully that give me some more energy.

Everyone else doing well? Praying, how are those boys?!

Lala now I wish I was at home so I could visit you when your husband couldn't! I hope you get out tomorrow :(

Lala surely they should let you go home. I mean, if they aren't even doing the surgery for a few more months, and are sending you for tests and things next week, then they should let you go! You'll go back if the pain gets really bad. My mum never had that tube thing. Sounds pretty gross. But you'll be fine :flower:

Thanks everyone.
Yeh I was nil by mouth since Tuesday in case they needed to do emergency surgery, they put me on clear fluids yesterday so i got some juice and jelly.
They told me this morning that it looks like I might go home today-- I really hope so!
I think that my course of iv antibiotics might finish today and that's why?
I'm getting another ctg done today which will be nice to listen to baby again.

Dreading my morning needles, they take a long time to administer and really sting. Hopefully it will be my last time to deal with them.

So good that your appointment made you feel better sweet pea- good blood pressure would make you feel a lot more at ease about the chance of having pre e.
Oh Caribbean that's so sweet of you haha :flower:

My blood pressure has gone down at every appointment, it was 120/80 at my booking it's now 110/58 which I thought was quite low but mw said it was fine.
I'm going away for a night without dh tomorrow, should be fine, it's supposed to be fun! But I'm always nervous about leaving him, I miss him even for one night.

How they do let you home soon lala.

Glad you're feeling reassured sweetpea

Aw spicy I hope you have fun on your night out. Haha I like that all the girls on here are pretty clingy in terms of missing our DH's. It makes me feel more normal. My friends always tease me because of how lovey dovey I am with dh haha and I miss him all the time.

They're just jealous :p I think it's a good sign that we still feel like that!
My hubby comes home today. So happy! :flower:

I think so, I've been with dh 10yrs this year, married 5yrs, and we are so close. He is as clingy add I am.
Hikeing the nice weather holds for the weekend but it's not supposed to. On the other hand I don't have many hot weather clothes so maybe it's for the best!

Yay for Buffy's husband being home and yay for Lala for being home!

Now we just have to wait for me to be home in 2 weeks and we're all set! hahah

Off to NY for the weekend, as one does :haha: Seems crazy as an Aussie to say we're just popping on over to NYC for a few days, no biggie.

I am a little worried as I know NY = a lot of walking and I am finding after less than 10 minutes walking I start getting ouchy stabbing pains in my hoohah! It's like it is almost my groin joint (where leg meets body but my inner thigh area where that tendon is) but then it shoots up into my lady bits! Not pleasant! We had a look at a couple of furniture stores here yesterday but I was almost limping back to the car after walking around those :( I don't want people to think I am about to give birth if they see me all pained and slow on the streets of NYC!

I am trying to find a crib here.. nothing other than Kmart and they're kinda flimsy and I am specifically looking for white to match the bedroom decor, but only wood coloured ones so far. I know we can sand it down and paint it white, but we leave in 2 weeks and coming back with a 9 week old so I don't really have the time for that kind of thing!

We also looked at another house for sale which, although don't have the amazing views I would like, the rest of it looks great and has a nice big flat backyard, which is very rare on this rock!! It was a must for me, as in Australia, kids are raised in the backyard! Apparently this place for sale has had the roof lift in a hurricane (oh dear... reality check :nope: ) so we're looking into the costs regarding that and hopefully if it's all good, we will put in an offer!

Lala, so lad you are home! Hope you're feeling great:)

Caribbean, that place sound awesome! I'm all about the back yard also! When DH and I bought our house back in October we totally fell in love with the huge deck and awesome sized yard. Now was basically spend every weekend out in the garden working. It will be perfect when the babe is old enough to be running around.

I'm totally clingy with DH too. He's not nearly as bad as I am but he definitely prefers to be around me. I just love him a lot! Even though he's a lot more high energy than me and that sometimes gets on my nerves, I still always like to be around him.

Glad you were home in time for the weekend Lala! How's the pain settling down?

I've been having a good weekend with DH being home. He goes back on Tuesday & will be home in Saturday. I have organised a dinner with friends on Tuesday night, and my parents are coming to stay on Wednesday night. So at least I'll have some things planned to keep me busy. Meanwhile I feel like I've gotten HUGE in the past week. Everything is getting so much harder! 7 weeks of work to go. How will I get through it?!

I hope you enjoy NY Caribbean :) I hope you find the crib you want and you receive good news on the house you're interested in.

Are you feeling better sweet pea?

Buffy, it's nice that you've had dh for a while. Hopefully you can manage working for your remaining time.

I am alright. Sore and tired. I have really strong painkillers (oxycodone) which I really don't want to take because it can cause breathing difficulties for baby- despite being reassured by the nurses, doctors, and obstetrician... I'm trying to manage with just paracetamol.

I have a scan tomorrow afternoon to assess fetal growth, due to my liver functions being too high, all stemming from my cholecystitis that I'm dealing with. I don't know how high liver functioning can cause problems with fetal growth, but I know they've booked in a few scans to continue to assess baby.

Dh has been so good and trying to look after me really well since coming home. Talking with the surgeons really scared him, and now he won't let me do anything.
I'll be in and out of hospital now on IV antibiotics to ensure that my gallbladder doesn't rupture while baby is still cooking. But eh, what can I do about it? At least now I know what's happening (well mostly) and the doctors can keep on top of it all! I have really horrible stinging needles that I need daily to thin my blood too (I think it's because of the blood obstructions that the stones have caused?) and I hate them!!

I'm trying to feel more positive about things though! Im just so happy that baby is moving normally and kicking a lot (even when it does kick my gallbladder and make me vomit from the pain haha).

We are going to buy carpet for our nursery tomorrow :) so I'm looking forward to that.

Sounds horrid lala, are your in bed rest until it comes now?
I'm getting much more tired, my mum is coming to paint the nursery scene this week which will be nice. Five weeks, a weeks holiday then the weeks until I finish work, I don't know how I'll manage but I just will have to!

I'm taking it easy but not staying on bed rest. I'll go crazy!! Haha

What colour are your painting the nursery spicy? It's so exciting. Super nice of your mum to do it for you.

We ordered the carpet for the nursery today and it's getting installed tomorrow. Very excited because then we can finalllllly put the furniture in there!!!

We had a scan today and baby is measuring on track (yaaaaaay!!!). It was so nice. The sonographer also showed us a nice picture of baby's little face and hand... I died when I saw it's nose and lips... So in love it is ridiculous.

It's yellow already but mum is painting Winnie the pooh characters, a big tree in one corner with pooh and piglet floating up to honey and then other characters around the room.my mum is really artistic (I'm not at!!) So I'm expecting it will look fab when she is done.
We have no furniture for the baby's room yet except a bookcase! We bought our snuzpod yesterday but have to wait for it to be delivered and that will be in our room anyway. Need to get a cot and drawers/changer but furniture is so expensive!

Lol well when I say our furniture I mean cot and a change table. Our nursery is soooooo small, like seriously it's tinnnnny!!! That's really all that will fit. There's a built in robe that all it's clothes will go in.
We bought both the cot and the change table second hand at bargain prices and they are exactly what I wanted.
I can't wait to see everything put together.

Winnie the Pooh theme sounds super cute. You must take pics!!!

I need a changing unit with drawers for it's clothes, our room isn't very big so I don't want much but have nothing yet except a bookcase! They are just so expensive and I've been looking second hand but but seen anything

I'm jealous of all this nursery talk! I'm not even sure when my baby will get her own nursery. We will be living with the in laws until our house sells and we buy. I want to organise a nursery sooo bad! All we will have to start with is her clothes, a bassinet & if there is room where we are staying we will bring her change table (got one at the baby shower - otherwise I wasn't going to bother).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->