DH works away? Not around for fertile time? ^Team Immaculate Conception^

Hi Northstar,

I don't do anything to delay ovulation. We just do everything we can when timing works out. The last 3 months OH was away but we are currently in our fertile window and he's home! Should be for the next cycle or two as well. I am scheduled for a hsg on July 19th so I guess that could mess things up but it's gotta be done!

Hi Jodi, I'm so glad I'm not the only one out there :flower::flower:

Well I did manage to delay my ov last month by taking 5 days worth of the mini BCP before my AF the previous month, it really seemed to work so I was pretty gobsmacked when my AF then showed up a week early.

This month is a bust as he won't be home before I ov, but I'm going to try the mini BCP again maybe only 3 days this time (it's the CRITICAL 3 days as you know!). I'm going to keep trying to move my cycle as it's another 4 months before his roster changes.

Good luck with your window of opportunity this month, get :sex: fingers crossed for you.

Welcome, girls! I'll update the member board when I get a chance. Hope this group brings you luck!

Welcome, girls! I'll update the member board when I get a chance. Hope this group brings you luck!

Thanks, I was quite excited when I found the group and saw you were pregnant - many congratulations!

Thank you! We were lucky it only took us 11 months, I know the exact date we conceived.. and hubby was supposed to go offshore before that but it got pushed back, like I said LUCK!

NorthStar - How long have you been ttc?

Thank you tons for starting this group!!! :happydance:

A bit of background on our situation-- The OH travels for work, many times far away. He really doesn't have much choice as to when, but tries his best not to schedule during my O. Now I am having wonky periods, so things are all a matter of chance now. My mother put it beautifully. She said we are trying to hit a bullseye in the dark. I'd add over our shoulder too! :wacko:

Sometimes he'll hop a train or plane, but this isn't the most possible thing especially if he has a seminar he can;t just not do it.

So, here we are, TTCing and when everyone says, "Just have sex on the right days!", I want to punch them in the nose. =; I want to scream, "IT'S NOT THAT EASY!!" We love :sex: just as much as the next person. What I don't love is the space and the trying to time perfectly each month. We always seem to miss, like we'll BD too early for the :spermy: to live or too late to catch the eggie. SIGH.

So glad we're not alone in trying to hit the bullseye! :)

Hi girls!! I will be joining this group in a months time if I can't catch the eggy this next cycle, I've actually had 4 months with DH as I followed him to Florida where he was sent for 4 months of training, but he'll go back out on the Oil Rigs next month and I can't follow him there! I'm giving it everything I've got for our last month of proper trying and then it's back to month after month of him not being home when I O :( :dust: to you all and :dust: to ME for my last ditch attempt!!!

Hello ladies, may I join you? My OH works a lot too :( According to my chart we only managed to :sex: 3 days before ovulation and on the day of, I'm hoping this will be enough. I heard sex the day before ov is best so that the sperm is waiting when the egg is released. :(

Mind you, this month we went away for the weekend, to blackpool :shock: it was awful! We haven't been in years and wish we hadn't bothered! haha, so pretty much the only thing to do was lock ourselves in our hotel room :winkwink:
We also visited ripleys musuem with the fertility statues which are meant to be amazing, however I didn't get chance to touch it because of the crowd around it :growlmad: but, i'm hoping visiting it won't hurt my chances at any rate :D

Anybody get preg from sex just of ov day?? x

NorthStar - How long have you been ttc?

2 months properly TTC, 2 months of NTNP before that, but now I understand charting and fertility I realise he was NEVER home during the critical times those early months. :dohh:

A bit of background on our situation-- The OH travels for work, many times far away. He really doesn't have much choice as to when, but tries his best not to schedule during my O. Now I am having wonky periods, so things are all a matter of chance now. My mother put it beautifully. She said we are trying to hit a bullseye in the dark. I'd add over our shoulder too! :wacko:

Sometimes he'll hop a train or plane, but this isn't the most possible thing especially if he has a seminar he can;t just not do it.

So, here we are, TTCing and when everyone says, "Just have sex on the right days!", I want to punch them in the nose. =; I want to scream, "IT'S NOT THAT EASY!!" We love :sex: just as much as the next person. What I don't love is the space and the trying to time perfectly each month. We always seem to miss, like we'll BD too early for the :spermy: to live or too late to catch the eggie. SIGH.

Yeah I fully get that, people say stupid stuff like just relax it will happen - not if we don't have sex at the right times it won't!!!!

Hi girls!! I will be joining this group in a months time if I can't catch the eggy this next cycle, I've actually had 4 months with DH as I followed him to Florida where he was sent for 4 months of training, but he'll go back out on the Oil Rigs next month and I can't follow him there! I'm giving it everything I've got for our last month of proper trying and then it's back to month after month of him not being home when I O :( :dust: to you all and :dust: to ME for my last ditch attempt!!!

Good luck for this cycle, my OH also works in a remote location so heading over there for an ov booty call isn't much of a possibility for me either, mine is 2 weeks on/2 weeks off.

I'll post my experiences of trying to shift my cycle dates using the mini pill and you ladies can make up your own minds if it's worth a shot....

Hello ladies, may I join you? My OH works a lot too :( According to my chart we only managed to :sex: 3 days before ovulation and on the day of, I'm hoping this will be enough. I heard sex the day before ov is best so that the sperm is waiting when the egg is released. :(

Mind you, this month we went away for the weekend, to blackpool :shock: it was awful! We haven't been in years and wish we hadn't bothered! haha, so pretty much the only thing to do was lock ourselves in our hotel room :winkwink:
We also visited ripleys musuem with the fertility statues which are meant to be amazing, however I didn't get chance to touch it because of the crowd around it :growlmad: but, i'm hoping visiting it won't hurt my chances at any rate :D

Anybody get preg from sex just of ov day?? x

Yeah I've also heard that you should do it more in the build up to ov, we did manage that by some fluke of timing last month, though not on ov day itself or the day before, but no BFP :cry:

Have never been to Blackpool, and even less likely to now having read your post ha ha.

Alright, I'm attempting to update the first page right now, so check back in a few hours and if you aren't then, let me know.

Just an FYI, we got pregnant by BDing twice on the two days of peak ovulation for my CBFM. I think I ovulated early the second day in the early morning hours. So, you can get pregnant with that close BDing.. for us it was pure luck, my hubby has no schedule and so I never know when he will be home.

Interesting, I've been considering getting a CBFM, a lot of people seem to get BFPs with them.

My OH has a set schedule with 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off, so if I could just get my cycle to co-operate we'd have a shot for the next few months, I'm popping the EPO and also have had a lot of stress these past couple of days so FX it delays ov...

Hi everyone!!

We have been ttc for 13 month and it seems like forever!! OH has probably only been home for 8-10 of those cycles. We were lucky and got preggo with our DD first cycle, not so lucky this time around.

This is my first cycle using a cbfm. I've had 4 highs so far, hoping for a peak soon. I'm starting to show all the fertile signs so fingers crossed I get my high soon.

Northstar - I'll definitely be following your experience with bcp's. I'm interested to see how it goes.

I know how you feel. My OH works far enough away that I can't travel to him either. It seems like ever since we started ttc again my cycles have gone a little wacko too.

We got our BFP with our 1st month of CBFM... then I gave it to my SIL and get got her BFP the 1st month they used it.. so yea, I'm a pretty big fan of CBFM.

I know how you feel. My OH works far enough away that I can't travel to him either. It seems like ever since we started ttc again my cycles have gone a little wacko too.

Isn't it strange? I feel like what the heck? Does my body just know he's away? Uck. :wacko:

Wy do you think the CBFMs work so well? How are they different than OPKs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->